Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love video gaming :)

This month, on stream, I will be finishing Majora's Mask, playing FFX and playing Stray. *Marge simpson I just think they are neat gif*

In my own time I started a game that I have been promising Cheetah I would try for a long while. I have begun Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX and will be thought posting about that.

Currently I have recruited my first party member! Regina Curtis.

The names in this are wild, but so far Keithgriff Hazeldine is melodic in ways of the Romantic poets.

It seems like a very relaxing kind of game, even with the time limits. 3 years to learn about some flowers seems tremendously doable and luckily moving around the place takes a couple of days. 3 days is about 1% of time so I think it is good to have it as a directive but not too restrictive.

I really like the idea of getting bonuses from writing in the diary and committing to words the actions you took, but that you have to actually make the memories to write them down (memory points being what you use to make those commitments.) It is a game mechanic I have not seen before and I love surprises :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles posted:

VG, have you disliked any game that’s been recommended to you?

Not that I can think of. I do assume it is because people are recommending really good games though and not deliberately choosing bad ones.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Metis of the Hallways posted:

How dare someone else sticky this thread before I had the opportunity--

oh wait it was probably VideoGames I can't be mad at VideoGames

enjoy Ayesha, VG!

Thank you!!

Rarity posted:

VG is genetically incapable of hating a video game

cheetah7071 posted:

we should test his limits, for science. Just give him a series of worse and worse games until we finally find one he doesn't like

Last Celebration posted:

I think that’ll kill him, because he won’t ever be able to dislike a game but then after playing Dumpster Fire Simulator V and then replaying another From game the whiplash’ll be too much for any man to handle.

I am certainly willing to give it a try. I would think it should be games that actually try though - not just weird shovelware asset flip stuff ;)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot believe this thread has a landlord.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dread is amazing. One of the first games I completed this year. :)

I would love more of it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Metropolis Days, Gotham Nights.

Star City hours.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ewan McGregor was a really good Black Mask in Birds of Prey.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
No no no, you are not thinking Batmanly enough.

Joker IS Batman.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I beat Goht on Sunday! That was an awesome battle.

Might get round to the ocean temple this evening. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played a small amount of Atelier Ayesha last night before Majora's Mask. It is very comfy. I am basically playing from one cauldron/book area until I make it to the next. I am now in Viezenberg after having a cool little moment in some ruins. It is really nice to play a game that is so low stakes. The music whips too - when it changed from the fun stuff to the slightly murkier sounds in the ruins that was ace.

I might be able to play some more tomorrow night.

Also in Majora's Mask I ended up doing nothing of the Ocean Temple - I was too focused on the mini games and helping with a few more sidequests. I did the Golden Skultula area, helped Creamia and learned a little more. I am really stoked to do the Ocean Temple on Friday. It seems that I have discovered another game series I am into. Making sure I can play Link's Awakening and Wind Waker as well as Breath of the Wild this year amongst everything else!

What a time to be gaming :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Uh oh VG doesn't like Atelier, notice how at no point does he say "oh my goodness"

I promise, I dig Atelier. I do not think I am very far in for the goodnessing to start - maybe 40 minutes or so?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Arrrthritis posted:

Someone really into the Tales Of series please post your favorites from best to worst. My wife and I got into playing Tales of Vesperia yesterday and are having a pretty great time of it as a co-op experience, so if/when we finish that it would be good to know which game to move onto next kthx.

RIP Tales of Arise for not having co-op

From what I have heard it goes in a very Western and humourous direction compared the others, but I love Tales of The Borderlands

;)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would be a healer. I like healing in games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Other people in games that is. I always forget to heal myself.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

There is apparently 1 game on the PS5, then.

Think someone lied to you.

I am going to play some Atelier later this evening once the estate agents leave us alone. And tomorrow I get to play more Majora's Mask. :3:

Ahhhh great gaming. *leans back in chair with hands on head*

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it is the official position of the Something Awful moderation staff that the PlayStation 5 has one (1) game

It is the official position of the SA Administration that the PS5 has precisely 0 (zero, nadda, nil, nothing) games.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is scarily accurate and how I walk around every day whenever I see anything.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

wuggles posted:

They'll just let anyone mod this place

You are next.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

wuggles posted:

He's pooper

I will burn this place to the ground

Congratulations, this was the correct answer. :D

Your blue star will be assigned shortly!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1555569326995931136

I feel like at this point you shouldn't try and compose entirely brand new themes for some of the World Warriors because you tell someone "Hey here's Guile's Theme" and regardless of if the new theme is even good, if it's not a variation of the original there's a large chance they gonna think the new one is stinky within seconds of hearing it.

Oh man I really like this! Who is the composer?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Oh sweet predictable Veeg

:(

If it helps I have a lack of FG experience and so I am not married to the themes of SF2. Barely played SF2. Played some IV and a some Tekken 2/3.

Maybe it is my audio set up, but it is really punchy and I dig it!

This is also great! I need to find more :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

VideoGames posted:

This is also great! I need to find more :D

Oh man this whips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rie_1u6Ple8

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Just realised Ryu's Theme reminds me of the Dicey Dungeons soundtrack which is stunning!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Where I place games in my list is nothing to do with ambition or perfection but purely on the highs I got.

The more highs from the fun I had, the higher it was. The more times my emotions spiked (all emotions are counted for the high) the closer to the top of the list it is.

Last year I made deliberately difficult by playing games that could really each have been a GOTY because I wanted to experience ranking them. This year I am going to have a similar experience because I again have been playing stone cold classics. The way I feel when I remember them and the number of things that come flooding back are my criteria. :)

In terms of Year of the Game I have to pick 2017. It is astounding how many great games came out that year. So many of my top 20 were released that year that it is kind of scary.

However, the more I delve into the past with my game playing, the more I am thinking I might have to change things up a bit. The late 90s are looking very tempting at the moment...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yesterday I spent the WHOLE day immersed in video games.

A few hours in Blasphemous. A few hours in Bloodstained. A lot of hours in Majora's Mask. A few hours with LVG in Team Fortress 2.

Incredibly blessed day with lots of fun experiences going on.

I struggled a ton with the Fish boss the first time in Majora's Mask because my ability to swim is diabolical. However, so far, I would say of the three temples I have played it was my favourite temple. Goht was my favourite boss.

Majora's Mask really is an excellent game and because of it I will be adding Wind Waker, Link to the Past and Breath of the Wild to my game list. Trying to rearrange things so it all works out :) (got Stray, FFX, HorizonFW, Xenogears and Chronotrigger as part of it all too.)

This year might be the year of Final Fantasies and Zelders. :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

it's okay...i get it...you hate ayesha...

Hahah oh no. I am not ignoring Ayesha! I promise! I just had a hankering for platform gaming yesterday morning and I cannot refuse LVG if she says she wants to multiplay Team Fortress 2 together.

I am going to be playing some Ayesha this evening. Monday and Thursdays are the best days for this :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night I began the stone temple pilots area of Majora's Mask. Got a few new masks, filled out my bomber guy notebook so every npc is on there (only a few quests left to do!) and began the process of getting into the temple itself!

Out of all the Zelders I have played (First dungeon of legend, The great plateau of BotW, all of Ocarina and now this) this is the best Zelder. Even though it is the tensest moment of the game, when the countdown begins in clocktown and the music starts it is phenomenal. Probably the best track of the whole game.

I will be finished sooner than I think and that is OK! :) It brings me ever closer to Stray and FFX.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Gripweed posted:

I started playing Final Fantasy VII. I had never played a PS1 FF, and goddamn is this thing more cinematic than the older FFs. Straight up scifi too, as opposed to the fantasy of the older games. This must've blown people's minds when it came out

It blew my mind last year and I played it for the first time after FFVIIremake!

Great, great, great game! :D I played the two sequels this year (8 and 9) and they were even better!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The only Tales game I have completed is Of The Borderlands.

I think I tried Berseria once a long time ago, but I must not have gotten far because I cannot be certain I tried it. I do own it though, maybe from psplus.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Boba Pearl posted:

Atelier Rorona is my new favorite game by the way. Maybe my GotY 2022

I am playing Atelier Ayesha and it is wonderfully calming :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

wait i thought veegee hated atelier????? is my reality lying to me?????

????????? Where did this come from?? What????

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Oh sorry, it was a joke based on someone who joked about how you hated Atelier just because you didn't play it. I did not mean to insult you and as a disclaimer every time I talk in lower caps is sarcasm.

Still a lovely joke im retrospect, sorry VG :(

Hahahah nooo please do not apologise! Good grief, you have done nothing wrong :)

I am playing it and I had a day of Metroidvanias rather than Atelier. I like it a ton and I hope to finish it in the next month :) I have just been slacking with it. I promised Cheetah to update my progress here!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

VG hates Atelier so much you'd think it was a dog

Terrible lies! I love dogs. I spent last night with my Bestie and his wife, and most of it was spent playing with his dog (who wants my constant attention :D )

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
oh my goodness what is happening here

Here is the lovely dog

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oh man, my one (scorpio) is fantastic :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

I wrote a gamefaqs guide, check it out here! All the teen prose you could ask for! Remember to hit that Like button!

Admins, rename Jay Rust to DiamondDan27.

Wait...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played Majora's Mask for seven hours yesterday and it was a rolllllercoaster. The heat over here in the UK made my mind melt a tad so something as basic as a zora dolphin jump was impossible for me. 10 or so minutes I tried to do that. Failed, gave up, utterly defeated and ashamed.

However, I did the postie quest where you have to count to exactly 10 seconds completely unaided :) Felt exceptionally powerful at that, so swings and roundabouts.

I have basically finished the whole game. Just need to get the last two masks, and one sidequest and all that is sorted! (Plus while doing that I am also sorting out the frog quest.)

This has been a sublime game. Stone Temple is my favourite of all the temples, even if the mechanics of the boss confused me the first time. Luckily I beat them the second time by accident :)

I am pumped for more Zelders. Also going to be giving Super Mario 64 an actual proper try on Friday, whereas there will be more Atelier either tonight or Wednesday.

GAMING IS GREAT :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Could they not have given Dave the Scientist and Xavier the Wizard more fancy names? Especially Dave.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Been enjoying so many games on my ps5 like atelier ayesha, bloodstained, blasphemous and tlou multiplayer that I have been calling it the psFUN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Stux posted:

ps5 owner name a ps5 title challenge (impossible)

Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart.