Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope One Piece Odyssey is good, but I fear I have hyped myself up unreasonably expecting it to be as fantastic an experience as playing DQXI for the first time was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

X JAKK posted:

Gameplay footage of Gotham Knights is out

So freeflow combat is gone

Welp, I can safely avoid this one then, what the gently caress?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Was that third Batman Arkham game any good? I never played it because I heard the PC port was broken.

If you mean Arkham Knight, for those it ran fine for (happily I was one of them) it was very good, though the Batmobile sections felt forced - they were actually pretty good for what they were, but they stand out as very different from the rest of the game and they are jammed in with all the stuff people actually wanted to do. The series peaked with Arkham City, but Knight is still everything good about the first two games.

Arkham Origins was made by - from memory - the studio doing this new Gotham Knights game, and it's the "worst" of the Arkham games but it's still good, and it has some really strong points, particularly the Deathstroke fight. Unfortunately one of the few unique points it had gets undermined at about the 2/3rds mark when the main villain who ordered the bounty on Batman, Black Mask, is revealed to have actually been a new villain called The Joker who took the real Black Mask hostage, and yet again he ends up being the primary villain of the game which was starting to feel really old at that point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Ewan McGregor was a really good Black Mask in Birds of Prey.

I really dug that movie, and he was a lot of fun. The big final fight being a high budget Adam West style henchmen fight was a delight :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The secret behind who murdered Batman will end up being he committed suicide rather than being in the game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I would be a healer. I like healing in games.

Many years ago when I willingly inflicted playing an MMO on myself, I got called out by a guy in a raid who dumped a damage report and demanded in public to know why I was on the bottom of the DPS list, bitching that I was just taking up a space without contributing anything.

This was followed by everybody else in the raid surprisingly gently pointing out to them that I was the healer :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

More importantly though, Castle of Cagliostro absolutely rules :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait, where are the pictures of the doggy? :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Here is the lovely dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GIyTFl4Cb4&t=1s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Draga posted:

Dog chat?

This is Bailey. He's an annoying furry fiend and I love him.

Good dog :3:

fridge corn posted:

This is my dog Django

And my other dog Penelope

Also good dogs! :kimchi:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Glad Stuart can still find work after MAD TV finished.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

One day I will own all video games

And then play them, right!? :kiddo:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rename Games AND Traditional Games both "Nintendos"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Remember the interminable six-year wait for a sequel to Half-Life? But then several years ago, Half-Life 2 came out.... 18 years ago :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Last night I hustled my friends out £55 at poker by pretending to be a dumb girly girl who doesn't understand how things work, it was awesome

Poker is a game so this is thread relevant :colbert:

I have also been involved with hustling, money changing hands, and friends assuming I don't understand how poker works!
:negative: