Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the best text editor
This poll is closed.
emacs 0 0%
vim 11 20.00%
notepad 2 3.64%
notepad ++ 10 18.18%
textedit 2 3.64%
microsoft word 2 3.64%
notes.app 3 5.45%
vscode 7 12.73%
sublime or atomic or one of those 7 12.73%
textwrangler (remember that one?) 3 5.45%
<textarea> in the browser 2 3.64%
this thread 6 10.91%
Total: 25 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

i remember the notepad++ guy posted this whole thing about how he's saving the planet because np++ code was cleanly written and thus more energy efficient. in reaction, i set my work laptop up so that whenever np++ was open it was also running folding@home full throttle

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I like it OP.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

my homie dhall posted:

developers who do not use a real IDE are an embarrassment to themselves and our profession

I had a coworker who did everything in vim instead of eclipse. Boomers/gen x ftw.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wasn't there a YOSPOS goon who used to go sicko mode if you said anything bad about vim? Am I just imagining this? I swear I remember someone melting down about this in one of the earlier versions of the linux thread.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Vim is fine. Most of the people I work with seem to use it just fine without becoming terminal nerds that have an 8000 line config file that they have to share across computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ill go sicko mode on anyone who insults ed