Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Andrew "literal genocide" Jackson wins for WOAT but Reagan is absolutely thr worst modern president followed by W. Trump, while terrible, isn't even in their league let alone able to surpass them. It's a talented high schooler going against the NBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Klyith posted:

Any judgement that puts Reagan at the worst modern has to be mostly about his lasting cultural damage, which Trumpism seems likely to equal.

It's funny how Nixon is being elevated by the march of history to "well, other than the crime stuff..."

When he won the primary it was the apotheosis of the goldwater wing of the party. What the ever loving gently caress are you talking about? His whole presidency was horrific from his opening speech in Philadelphia(not the one in penn).

like "young bucks and welfare queens" is thousands of times more racist than anything Trump did and Trump was pretty loving racist.

2nd Amendment fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 14, 2022

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Worf posted:

Yeah remember when Trump banned Muslims from coming to America That was definitely not nearly as bad as those words

Or when he called actual white supremacists very good people lol

Reagan gave full throated support to the apartheid regime in SA, expanded the War on Drugs, literally committed treason with Iran-Contra and then there is the HIV policy. All those make Trump's worst decisions look like a schoolyard brawl compared to an active warzone.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Worf posted:

Yeah except that's not what your post was

Your post was extremely specific and mentioned literally none of that

Nice try I guess

I like how quickly you move the goalposts.

It must be nice to enjoy brunch in your ignorant bubble.

Edit: Like, what the gently caress did I mention in my post? Could you cite that for me? Do you need me to list every bad thing Reagan did? I can try but, hoo boy, it is a long list. Longer and worse than Trump's.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Worf posted:

So you didn't specifically say that that one particular thing was worse than anything trump did?

And I didn't point out things that were worse than that?

Because that's what happened Tell me where I'm incorrect

Are you having a stroke or just extremely ESL?

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Worf posted:

So you just can't be accountable for your words I guess?

Have you considered being more accurate with them?

You literally said one specific thing was worse than anything Trump did I don't know how you want to be judged in a discussion if not on your words

I can't invent the future post that you would make in response to me and assume that you already know what you're talking about

You don't seem like you do

What one thing did I say?

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Worf posted:

You said that the welfare queens thing was more racist than anything trump did, did you already forget?

Are you drunk?

You are either too ignorant or too dumb to be posting.

I'm not sure which.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Klyith posted:

And when Trump got elected it was the apotheosis of the Heil Hitler wing of the party.

But anyways in order to say that Regan was worse than W, you're saying that Reagan was worse than a guy who lied to start an unnecessary war that killed millions. So it's gotta be about longer term culture damage. And I'm just saying it's too early to tell with Trump, but he could easily be worse than Reagan. A fascist overthrow of the government would in fact be worse than racism.

I mean, sure, Trump is part of the lunatics that have been running the asylum since Reagan. Reagan was different in *kind* not *degree*. Prior to Reagan you could argue with a straight face that Nixon was horrible but that's because Nixon himself was a horrible person. If anything, the Goldwater counterexample shows how the American democracy is self-correcting. With Reagan's victory, from day 1, it was clear that that analysis no longer applied and it was all about saying the quiet part loud. Trump is a point on that trend-line instead of an inflection point.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Worf posted:

Yeah I just found it pretty funny that you admittedly consider rhetoric about welfare Queens to be more racist than literally anything that Donald Trump has ever done

Which is ironic considering his history of discrimination as a landlord dating back to even his father, to me.

It was also funny how you then tried to add in a bunch of things that were not that thing that you said to try and sweeten the deal and make it more accurate, which would be you moving the goal posts I believe by any other definition. (That's when I realized that you were just intoxicated, because you had the audacity to accuse me of that lmao)

You could have just said that you were incorrect and made a dumb post, but I'm guessing tonight's whiskey night for you lol

I don't think you know what you are talking about but I appreciate your eagerness to declare victory. If that makes you happy man, go for it. You are wrong and deeply ignorant but hey, this is America. When has that ever stopped anybody?

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Worf posted:

Tell me how I'm wrong

Tell me how welfare queens rhetoric is more racist than anything Trump has ever done, which is what you said, and what I said was incorrect

Educate me.

Trump talked a fine game when it came to hardcore racism but Reagan actually made it happen.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Worf posted:

So you showed me two graphs that don't include Trump as a president for a time frame to prove your point about Reagan?

Are you literally stupid bro

That California graph shoots up after Reagan already left the governorship too?

So Ronald Reagan left being in charge of California and then a bunch of people went in jail? And that makes his welfare Queens remark More racist than anything Trump has done?

Have you considered just saying that that was a bad post that you were wrong about instead of this and Iran Contra?

I like the agression man.

Both Trump and Reagan began their campaign on racism. Reagan began at the site of a lynching and then changed the carceral state of America forever. Trump . . . banned some people from entering the country I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
In Soviet Russia, man bangs shoe.

In America, man has shoe thrown at him.

What a country!