Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Devils Affricate posted:

My bad, somehow I mixed up the associated disease. But yeah the point is it's hilariously esoteric bullshit that has somehow been generalized to the point where people get still banned for it on a dead, gay, and very American message board to this day.

sorry but if we can't call people "tHe C wOrD" because it's apparently a gendered insult in the USA then you're just gonna have to deal with it :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Fumble posted:

Look at this fuken joey!

Would have been a thing said on a 80's/90's playground

in Scottish playgrounds in the 90s there was a lot of calling people a "spazzie", complete with putting your tongue under your bottom lip and going "mnnghh"

I'm glad times have changed tbh

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

In the UK, is there a way to use the word “fanny” without sounding like a Dickensian vagrant or village drunk?

yeah, in scotland at least it's a pretty common mild insult.

like, "that guy's a pure fanny, he posts in GBS"

also sometimes actually used to refer to a womans vagina.

like, "she can fit a two litre bottle of bru up her fanny! amazing!"

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Sudden Javelin posted:

yes, just be scottish

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

anyone who voted for brexit is a fanny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

oh yeah I always forget it's a name/nickname as well. very old fashioned name tho