Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Kinda surprised nearly all the front page archives are intact. Need to get around to saving the best WTF adventures those always make me laugh like a loon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Can I do a weekly creepy puppet theatre video series? It's a kind of romantic medical drama

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Kinda surprised nearly all the front page archives are intact. Need to get around to saving the best WTF adventures those always make me laugh like a loon.

Is there a funnier one that the Call of Cthulhu adventure with the racist socialite and the Mexican man pretending to be his Chinese man servant?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

SA is like the mystery box you buy at a garage sale. The front page is that old game disk that has cool cover art and looks fun but you don't have the console to run it anymore.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Charles Bukowski posted:

Is there a funnier one that the Call of Cthulhu adventure with the racist socialite and the Mexican man pretending to be his Chinese man servant?

The Call of Cthulhu set in the 90's with Kurt Cobain, Easy E, and Lisa Lopez as investigators is also pretty hilarious.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Icochet posted:

Can I do a weekly creepy puppet theatre video series? It's a kind of romantic medical drama

Would watch.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Zeniel posted:

The Call of Cthulhu set in the 90's with Kurt Cobain, Easy E, and Lisa Lopez as investigators is also pretty hilarious.

Oh man those are both excellent, but pound for pound the one that made me stop reading as I was losing it was an X-Men adventure where Steve plays them as violent loons:

quote:

Zack: The Fixer shoots at Wolverine with some darts that hit him in the chest but then Wolverine brutally maims his face, cutting off his nose. Blood is everywhere and the Fixer is screaming in pain and searching for his nose. Wolverine starts to feel tired.

Steve: "Let me help you with that I have a nose for these things" Wolverine says and stomps on his cut off nose. "Oops my bad, here allow me" he says and picks it up and puts it on one of the sandwiches he was making. "Mmm smells delicious." He shoves the sandwich in The Fixer's mouth. "Enjoy your last meal." Then he chops off the Fixer's head with his claws and blasts his head back out the window with a power kick.

Zack: Wolverine manages to step on the Fixer's nose and then the massive doses of knockout gas and knockout dart poison have their intended effect and knock Wolverine out. Fortunately for everyone.

Steve: Alright well when Colossus gets up here he is going to twist off the Fixer's head and throw it out the window with all his super strength.

Zack: The X-Men aren't evil, Steve. They don't decapitate and mutilate an unconscious enemy.

Steve: Yeah, okay, fine dude. Toot, toot! Railroad me through this sucker.

https://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/magnet-wolverine-rogueboobs/1/

2nd place is a Star Wars one shot with a badly under qualified padawan who put all his skill points into climb

https://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/star-wars-hutt/1/

They launched their own site with lots more good adventures, sadly hasn’t been updated in years but still up. My favorite is Larry David flying a Rogue Trader:
https://www.thebadguyswin.com/2017/07/rogue-trader-2009-the-emperors-undiminished-enthusiasm/

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

what ever happened to Zach Parsons anyway? His front page stuff was a big reason I started reading SA in the first place.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

raspurtin posted:

what ever happened to Zach Parsons anyway? His front page stuff was a big reason I started reading SA in the first place.

Same. He’s on Twitter but I don’t think he does much around here anymore.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

raspurtin posted:

Agreed he was one of the top tier writers, I’ve followed him on Twitter for a while and I don’t think he’s writing anywhere else, unfortunately. He seems to be ok and certainly wasn’t a lowtax apologist or anything like that. https://mobile.twitter.com/sexyfacts4u?lang=en

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

My fave writer was Taylor 'Psychosis' Bell.

Combat Medic

quote:

At a Glance:The more promising a game’s premise looks, the more frustrating it is when I play it and see how badly the developer hosed it up, so I can honestly say Combat Medic is one of the least frustrating games I’ve ever played. The stupid premise alone removed just about any foolish optimism I had about the opportunity to graduate from the “medical game” genre to the “medical game where your patients sometimes explode” genre. Then you factor in the godawful interface and the fact that every single surface in the entire game looks like the enemy bombarded it with cluster bombs full of vomit, and you’re left with a broken shell of a game that I was only able to enjoy by deliberately torturing and killing my patients in a number of ways that almost certainly would have gotten me held back a year in medical school, or at least sent to the office to have a stern talk with the principal about the ethics of murdering a patient with a sponge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Terrorist