Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c weekend s: beach day tomorrow :amen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

had some coconut juice fresh from the coconut. feeling fine

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i don't really have an issue not drinking caffeine, if i've been really hitting coffee hard for a while i might get a headache for a bit the next day but that's all, then i'm fine

caffeine doesn't seem to affect me too much though (i mean surely on some biochemical level it does, just i'm not usually aware of it)

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
i ignored my family and responsibilities to play a massive amount of dcs yesterday.

gonna do the same today, god willing.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

more baseball: mattingly's sideburns soundly defeats the east van crows with a 21-15 finish. up next: league villains the blue sox

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I played a bunch of American Truck Simulator and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with all of the stuff from the move and getting overwhelmed.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
im doing the motorcycle safety course this weekend. just finished day one. first time ive been on a (motor)bike. having a great time so far, but counter-steering is unintuitive. should be lots more tomorrow!

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

p-p-p-powerwalk

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Raluek posted:

im doing the motorcycle safety course this weekend. just finished day one. first time ive been on a (motor)bike. having a great time so far, but counter-steering is unintuitive. should be lots more tomorrow!

you barely get going fast enough for it to make a lot of sense in that class, its value will be more apparent when you take curves faster. remember, you steer a bike with lean. handlebars just disrupt the balance to get you leaning more and more quickly in your desired direction.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the msf rules. when I took it a woman bailed at the lunch break on the last day, presumably because she was having a hard time with the practical education earlier. everyone else in my class passed but one person got the lowest possible score on the written exam. that person was of course a cop

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Midjack posted:

you barely get going fast enough for it to make a lot of sense in that class, its value will be more apparent when you take curves faster. remember, you steer a bike with lean. handlebars just disrupt the balance to get you leaning more and more quickly in your desired direction.

yeah the course is so small im barely off idle in second gear most of the time

the thing is, i conceptually know how counter-steering works, but when it comes time to actually do it it feels wrong and i have to force-override my brain that we do indeed need to do it "backwards" lol. probably just need more seat time to build the habit.

PokeJoe posted:

the msf rules. when I took it a woman bailed at the lunch break on the last day, presumably because she was having a hard time with the practical education earlier. everyone else in my class passed but one person got the lowest possible score on the written exam. that person was of course a cop

lol of course

we had one person who didn't show up, but other than that no major problems. couple of bike drops (not mine) but no injuries or anyone getting too discouraged, from what i can tell

looking forward to more broom broom!

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Raluek posted:

I took that and I had so much fun when they let us zoom around on the little bikes. please continue having a blast!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've great news. it's still the weekend

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

yeah for four more hours.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

enjoy the msf! i'm getting ready to set off on my first ride that will feature dirt.

wife said she would take the msf but has no interest in getting a bike. so going to book that for next year since the rest of this year is sold out. hoping she gets bit by the bug.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
been thinking about clarinets all weekend so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNgYTkcPCZw

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
birthday party for the oldest with her best friend, which was pretty much pizza/cake/ice cream at the house after going to one of those massive indoor climbing playground things.

then the MIL came over to watch the kids so we could go on a long overdue date for our anniversary. First time having Ethiopian food, it was god dammed delicious. Then we went to an axe throwing place.

today is running the kids around to stuff though, ugh.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

sounds like a good weekend! gently caress if I don’t love Ethiopian

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Moo Cowabunga posted:

yeah for four more hours.

its sunday all day

gotta get the important stuff done early

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

dioxazine posted:

had some coconut juice fresh from the coconut. feeling fine

got some watermelon juice. its :discourse:

the kids can call it "waju"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beeftweeter posted:

water junior

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

got some watermelon juice. its :discourse:

really looks like you’re drinking dog rear end juice

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mediaphage posted:

delicious

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

all clean, dry and fluffo :3:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

mediaphage posted:

i wanted to say this, but felt it might have been rude despite the contents of the picture

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
gently caress me I could go for some ethiopian. We have a pretty killer place in Rochester surprisingly, been a minute too. drat, might have my dinner planned now.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

dioxazine posted:

i wanted to say this, but felt it might have been rude despite the contents of the picture

lmao, if my chihuahua poo poo watermelons i'd put him on world tour

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

sounds painful

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

fecal canine watermelon is probably some band's name already

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

nudgenudgetilt posted:

sounds painful

can't argue with results :shrug:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mediaphage posted:

fresh squeezed anal gland

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

for food we only do that with beavers

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

raspberry rear end

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
gorgeous weather out, the boys and I biked/scootered to a small playground in the neighborhood behind us. too nice of a day to be inside.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

raspberry rear end

the same place makes a kickass raspberry seltzer kinda thing too and it owns, unfortunately i didn't get one this morning but next time i do i'll get a nice pic without any dog rear end in it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i showed my vet gf that pic and she says d "that's the side of a dog" and I told her she hates fun

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

went backpacking

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

uh oh, just discovered that i'm out of sambal oelek

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

i showed my vet gf that pic and she says d "that's the side of a dog" and I told her she hates fun

while you're at it he's got a wound on his cheek that we dont know how to exactly heal properly (a bandage seems out of the question) and it keeps falling off and then getting scabbed over again. its been like this for maybe 3 weeks, any suggestions?

i can take a pic if she wants but it just looks like a normal scab. tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004