Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
After a think, let's try ##vote circl

Comes in pretty quick to shade neverhelm for the IA vote, saying that IA's behavior seemed normal, but earlier circl thought it was worthwhile to characterize IA's (and binus as well) posting as "flippant" but only saying of that not yet willing to call it scummy. If IA was being completely normal, why was that worth commenting on? Or if commenting on it for that purpose, why not make it more clear that's how you see it?

Doesn't sit well with me..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Nep-Nep posted:

Comes in pretty quick to shade neverhelm for the IA vote, saying that IA's behavior seemed normal, but earlier circl thought it was worthwhile to characterize IA's (and binus as well) posting as "flippant" but only saying of that not yet willing to call it scummy. If IA was being completely normal, why was that worth commenting on? Or if commenting on it for that purpose, why not make it more clear that's how you see it?

Because I think IA's behavior is "normal for IA" as opposed to "behaving like a normal person"

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am looking forward to hearing Cena's thoughts on the NeverHelm situation.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yes, except the fact that Shell took it seriously at all bothers me. also, we use scum/town here. None of that wolf nonsense.

this pings me the most of anyone so far. i didnt like the argument that occured for the next three pages and i dont like lumpen lists on day 1 that do nothing to hunt for scum in an operational matter while also giving scum a bunch of information. i think you are playing with bad intentions.

opop is voting me out of fear and i understand

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
So you don't like having content to look at during day 1?

Okay got it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Like, literally, what even was happening before that? Next to nothing.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Quickpost: blackout. Phone connection in and out, probably a 4G repeater affected. Will follow but if I disappear it's because we're literally incommunicated.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

NeverHelm posted:

Like I said, I think scum are waiting in the wings for my vote to gain steam. The only one I'd really say is actively "pushing without voting" at this point is Shell (and maybe Plastic's soft push). Shell gave indications of having made her "NeverHelm sounds forced" case from the very beginning. I don't think that was scum opportunism on her part, though I find it a little interesting that she hasn't voted me yet despite seemingly having a lot of reason to suspect me.

'cause I'm watching you talk, and you'll talk better if you don't get pilevoted by a ton of people. Since it's tension I pick on you, I want to hear you, not the stress pile that comes from being at -3 or whatever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CirclMastr posted:

I am looking forward to hearing Cena's thoughts on the NeverHelm situation.

i dont think neverhelm is particularly out of line or deliberately scummy based on his posts. i actually think the narrative pushed against him early is a put on.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

So you don't like having content to look at during day 1?

Okay got it.
lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is innistrad yami, wait for the ravnica game if you're going to roleplay as a clown

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

JOHN CENA posted:

this is innistrad yami, wait for the ravnica game if you're going to roleplay as a clown

What exactly does this accomplish?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

There isn’t one as far as I can tell

..Then why are you voting Cena? :psyduck:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Ok this looks like a bit of a sluggy EoD, and tbh I don't blame anyone. So what d'you all say we make it a bit more interesting?

And suicidal. Mostly the latter. But screw it. Game is stalling, we're just looking at each other like awkward guests at a party.

NeverHelm posted:

I'm just a vanilla, town won't lose much if I go down and might get some useful info out of it at least.

I am, in turn, not a vanilla. I have a funny unconventional role (which rules, btw!), and I've actually been giving it a lot of thought. If NH here is telling the truth, I should be able to know.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Not gonna answer anything more, btw. I like the mystery. You wanna try and block/NK me before I use it, you're more than welcome to : )

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

I am, in turn, not a vanilla. I have a funny unconventional role (which rules, btw!), and I've actually been giving it a lot of thought. If NH here is telling the truth, I should be able to know.

When should you be able to know? At night?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

Not gonna answer anything more, btw. I like the mystery. You wanna try and block/NK me before I use it, you're more than welcome to : )

:mad:

Although that answers my question.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hm.

Not sure I agree but whatever.

I think at this point I would also honestly consider a b- lunch.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

:mad:

Although that answers my question.

Lol OK that I can answer, night role.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hm.

Not sure I agree but whatever.

I think at this point I would also honestly consider a b- lunch.

You want to propose an alternative plan? Still very much for a NH lunch, don't get me wrong. But if we don't and we let him live, there is a way for me to at least get something out of it.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Like people are saying NH went unopposed but I feel like several previously quiet people were real quick to point at John Cena, another lurker.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Eh I'm just laying out my thoughts in case we aren't lunching NH today.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Shell honest question, are you going to eat NH?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I do feel like one or more lurkers are scum but I'm not particularly interested in finding out which one today.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Yami Fenrir posted:

Like people are saying NH went unopposed but I feel like several previously quiet people were real quick to point at John Cena, another lurker.

I don't like the Cena push, I have never played with Cena and I feel the cases on him can be summarized as "lol". Also, he is playing now, so time to actually try and get something out of it.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Shellception posted:

I am digging Windward a lot less than I did at the start of the day. I feel like, apart from when I asked her for reads, she's been non-stop banging the NH drum, which nobody really opposed at any point, either. It feels... tunnel-y? In a very concentrated way? Not sure what to make of it.

Probably not voting her out the first day of her first game on SA, tbh, just a stray thought I want to get in the open before EoD.

I don't have any stronger scum reads at the moment.
On the other hand I still want to pick Never's brain because if he's town, he's in the best position to catch a wolf right about now.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Shell honest question, are you going to eat NH?

Jesus, no. Lol, I guess that'd be confirmation in a way, wouldn't it? But what I can do should leave him alive and talky.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also, where the hell is Psycho?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Plas, penny for your thoughts.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Yami Fenrir posted:

Champsbrain is totally real, I somehow got way worse at reading people on SA because people provide next to no content in comparison

:negative:

This does not fill me with confidence at all that I'm going in the right direction tbh
The thing is, I feel like Never has provided the most content of which I find scummy, but there are some people I just haven't sorted at all because I haven't seen them say anything meaningful. So it's entirely possible that Never is town but just, scummy in comparison to a small handful of people that I think have posted decent content. It's... Not a good read, I'm aware of that. But yeeting a lurker doesn't seem like the right move, either, if I haven't seen anything AI from them.
Im still sorting out my reads, but I'm at the grocery so give me a bit and I'll engage a little more frequently with you guys.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also, where the hell is Psycho?

Triggered because I've seen through them like glass with my true sight.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

WindwardAway posted:

This does not fill me with confidence at all that I'm going in the right direction tbh
The thing is, I feel like Never has provided the most content of which I find scummy, but there are some people I just haven't sorted at all because I haven't seen them say anything meaningful. So it's entirely possible that Never is town but just, scummy in comparison to a small handful of people that I think have posted decent content. It's... Not a good read, I'm aware of that. But yeeting a lurker doesn't seem like the right move, either, if I haven't seen anything AI from them.
Im still sorting out my reads, but I'm at the grocery so give me a bit and I'll engage a little more frequently with you guys.

This is part of why I want to lunch Never tbh. Like yeah it's possible Never is town but lunching a lurker is like, the absolute worst thing to do day 1 imo.

Which is partly why I'm really hesistant to move away from Never, since lurkers came out of the woodworks to push another lurker, which is a real big red flag to me.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Shellception posted:

I don't like the Cena push, I have never played with Cena and I feel the cases on him can be summarized as "lol". Also, he is playing now, so time to actually try and get something out of it.

Yes and I agree with Yami it kind of popped out of nowhere when Never's wagon started gaining traction.

Btw, sorry for the question but how can I request the vote count?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Votecount for Day 1

NeverHelm (3): PsychoSoldier, WindwardAway, Yami Fenrir
JOHN CENA (2): b-minus1, Opopanax
CirclMastr (2): wologar, Nep-Nep
wologar (1): PlasticAutomaton
PsychoSoldier (1): Idle Amalgam
Opopanax (1): Shellception
Idle Amalgam (1): NeverHelm
Yami Fenrir (0): PsychoSoldier, PsychoSoldier
Shellception (0): Idle Amalgam, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Idle Amalgam
b-minus1 (0): WindwardAway, WindwardAway

Not Voting (2): CirclMastr, JOHN CENA

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 29th, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 hours, 6 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

You don't, you need to go to votefinder and paste it yourself.

Only the mod can make votefinder post unfortunately.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Yami Fenrir posted:

This is part of why I want to lunch Never tbh. Like yeah it's possible Never is town but lunching a lurker is like, the absolute worst thing to do day 1 imo.

Which is partly why I'm really hesistant to move away from Never, since lurkers came out of the woodworks to push another lurker, which is a real big red flag to me.

Yeah
And I feel kind of bad saying I'd rather vote out a player just because they aren't a lurker, but I have other reasons anyway. I have mixed feelings about the opposition or lack thereof to Never, and I am absolutely not moving my vote to Cena unless he does something incredibly scummy between now and hammer deadline.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

CirclMastr posted:

Because I think IA's behavior is "normal for IA" as opposed to "behaving like a normal person"

that's what I meant in the first place, if you think his behavior isn't out of line for him why that previous comment in the way you made it?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Yami Fenrir posted:

You don't, you need to go to votefinder and paste it yourself.

Only the mod can make votefinder post unfortunately.

Heh, guess I know what I'm doing when I get home lol.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Oh we have light again. Sweet. Should be fine coming into deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Can anyone tell me why people were so fast to read Nep-Nep as town?
I have my own reasons but I didn't make a lightning fast read, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something that I should know.