Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

CirclMastr posted:

Count me in (also does this prelude a Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty mafia game?)

That would actually be pretty great. But also hi I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

actually spectator me, 6.2 is coming out tomorrow so I will not be giving anything else proper attention for a few days.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

third post in a row we're not starting for 5 days so gently caress it I'm actually in. Indecisive ho!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Binus can't look in a mirror because he has no reflection. He's a vampire.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wologar posted:

Ok, I just read the opening message. If we get three murders every night this will be a very short game.

Three different serial killers, obviously.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Look at this chill as hell demon. :3

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wologar posted:

That is actually a great illustration on how partaking on luxurious activities makes us forget our purpose and our need to yank away our shackles. Every time the demon wishes to generate something of personal value, represented by black and red mana, it must take damage from the spring, which on the surface appears to be an allegory to how we are willing to extert self-damaging vices in order to achieve something significant for ourselves, but on further inspection is a cleverly disguised jab on how pushing against what is expected from your role in society will only come back to harm you. On the other hand, should you choose to generate soulless works or mechanical actions, represented by colorless mana, you will feel the weight of the world going away, joy and mirth your spring companions. We must think then, who benefits by pushing this kind of rethoric? Furthermore,

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

##vote: Wologar

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Not gonna lie, I'm always really leery of lurker call outs on day 1. Feels like the lowest hanging fruit to go after and is usually quite the distraction.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wologar posted:

Who are you referring to?

Oh, right. Neverhelm's Lumpen List where he made a large bold note of calling out Green Wing.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

Starting to think yami is scum

I'll bite. Why?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey Binus, did you ever want to explain your scum read on Yami? (I know, explanations from Binus, pulling teeth.)

For me: Mason Binus: Because that is literally the only time I have been able to get thoughts out of him and having a 1 on 1 window with them makes his posting actually make sense.

Cop: Windward or Psycho because I'm a complete blank on both of them since this is their first game.

Vig: IA because I can just never loving read them.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh god, six hours left.

Circl, Cena, Opop, who scum?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wologar posted:

Ah, the "it's mostly this" was about the "gotta vote for someone" part of the post, not the jokevote part.

Also I've been reading this chain because it confused me, and was your vote on Circl just because you wanted to put a vote down on anyone?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

There isn’t one as far as I can tell

..Then why are you voting Cena? :psyduck:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Shell honest question, are you going to eat NH?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Shellception posted:

Plas, penny for your thoughts.

tbh, Yami's said most of my thoughts this game way better than I can. If it was anyone else pushing for a last minute swerve to Binus, I'd be voting them, but I get where Yami's coming from and god drat Binus has been even more inscrutable than usual this game. Don't like the "NH is obviously town" with the refusal to actually find an alternative.

Don't like that we're two hours away from deadline and Circl and Cena STILL haven't voted. Also don't like that Cena finally came back and half of his posts are just insulting Yami for daring to question him. Giving me fuuuun flashbacks to Keane last game.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wologar posted:

So, Plastic, is your vote on me serious?

TBH, vote was a joke, but I kept it on after that really weird interaction with Nep about your vote on Circl earlier. I'm kinda at a loss this game so far.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Shellception posted:

Call me an idiot, I doubt scum Binus has any drat reason to make that specific call. If Never turns out town, they they get suspected of having TMI. If Never turns out scum, he's going to be pretty suspect. What's there to be gained?

Binus does this in literally every game though. It'd be cute if it wasn't so intensely frustrating.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Idle Amalgam posted:

drat, this split is wild. Real no lunch possibility and day 2 will be worse for it.

Just a hunch vote from the Never stuff ##vote circl

Can you explain this hunch, IA?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Votecount for Day 1

CirclMastr (4): wologar, Nep-Nep, Idle Amalgam, Opopanax
Opopanax (3): Shellception, PsychoSoldier, NeverHelm
NeverHelm (2): PsychoSoldier, WindwardAway, Yami Fenrir, PsychoSoldier
wologar (1): PlasticAutomaton
PlasticAutomaton (1): b-minus1
Yami Fenrir (0): PsychoSoldier, PsychoSoldier
JOHN CENA (0): b-minus1, Opopanax, b-minus1, Opopanax
PsychoSoldier (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Idle Amalgam (0): NeverHelm, NeverHelm
Shellception (0): Idle Amalgam, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Idle Amalgam
b-minus1 (0): WindwardAway, WindwardAway

Not Voting (2): CirclMastr, JOHN CENA

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 29th, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 34 minutes.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Man, I do NOT like those votes on Circl.

Wologar's vote and his explanation of it were questionable enough that I kept my vote on him all this time. IA's referencing some vague hunch that he isn't explaining, and Opop is an obvious self-preservation vote. (Nep, you're fine though.)

..But on the other hand Binus is going "he's town let's just ignore him".

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

gently caress it, let's make this even more chaotic.

##vote: Opop

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So does anyone want to claim a vigilante here?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

Already did

:psyboom:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Votecount for Day 2

CirclMastr (1): WindwardAway, PsychoSoldier, WindwardAway
PlasticAutomaton (1): b-minus1
b-minus1 (1): WindwardAway

Not Voting (7): CirclMastr, Idle Amalgam, JOHN CENA, Nep-Nep, PlasticAutomaton, Shellception, wologar

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 01st, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

>Multiple confident town reads day 1.
>Refusing to vote in Circl VS Opop, nearly getting a no lunch. Meanwhile he SAYS he'd vote for Opop to avoid a no lunch but still doesn't step in.
>Refuses to vote his own scum read that is being mechanically agreed with by someone he's said is town.

##vote: Binus

I know getting explanations from Binus is like pulling teeth from a werewolf, but this is ridiculous.

Also would IA or Nep like to claim the vig? They're the only ones who haven't posted yet.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wologar posted:

It would be great to hear more from you, Plastic. Part of why I think binus's case on you is confusing is because you have said so very little and there's not much to take from your content.

I tried effort last game and uh well, you saw how THAT turned out, so you get lazy as hell Plastic this game. I'm also not digging too hard as the sheer insanity that is Binus' behavior kinda speaks for itself. I'm convinced that he has to be scum.

Honestly, what's really bothering me is the fact that Neverhelm died and no one's claimed a vig. And if Shell's the one who did it, why loudly announce that you're going to visit your murder victim? It seems insane that scum would get two kills in a 13 player game, so IA walking up, pushing that as a fact, and then loudly trying to push for a cop counterclaim to Circl strikes me as incredibly suspect.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

WindwardAway posted:

Also, open question to everyone else - is there any concrete reason that Cena should be scum? I'm excluding gutreads since unfortunately they can't be explained, but if someone can give a more tangible reason I still want to hear it.

I'm not even sure where this assumption that Cena is scum came from. Binus seems to be the one pushing it the most and even he's just hilariously unwilling to actually vote on it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Eh, it doesn't seem that weird to me. Cena's been lurking and feels like a convenient scapegoat.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hi, I'm here to once again shout into the void that Binus is scum and I guess answer a couple of posts too.

PsychoSoldier posted:

Plastic, was there a reason you asked these three? You didn't say anything about townreading them or anything prior to this.

It was close to deadline and none of them had voted. Was trying to nudge them into weighing in. As for your later post about who I trust? Nep, Cena, and Shell are at the top of my town list right now. (

Idle Amalgam posted:

That but also just their posts in general don't appear to be scum hunting. Doesn't convey a I'm hunting scum vibe.

I'll be honest, it's the Binus thing. Binus feels like such blatant and obvious scum to me that I've kinda just gotten tunnel vision. And the fact that you're almost completely in sync with him is making me raise an eyebrow, but when I put the similarities side by side, Binus still comes off way worse.

Both of you are voting me. Yes, I'm OMGUSing, but those votes don't feel right. Binus seems to be tunneling in over a jokephase vote on Wologar that I never bothered moving, while you seem to be digging in on more of a hunch related to my lack of activity. Neither of them really seem to be a good enough reason for your votes to be this dug in when I think of the rest of the equation.

You both have this bizarre, unexplained hard scum read on Cena. Neither of you have explained it, but are both incredibly confident in it. And yet, despite that, there's not even been a hint of voting him. Hell, Circl's vote is on him and I still don't know why. This is even worse in my eyes for Binus because of point 3.

You both are completely avoiding touching Circl or his claimed EccoCop results. This is slightly less odd for IA because he's been actively doubting Circl (and also begging for a cop counterclaim), but still, Cena's right there on his scum list. Or if he's this confident that Circl's lying, I'd expect an attempt to flip him. The REALLY weird one though is Binus. He's repeatedly and firmly stated that Circl is town, and was confident in it from day 1. Cena is his other biggest scum read. So why is he still dug in outside the scum read that's on his trusted EccoCop's list? Well, assuming Circl's telling the truth, it's kinda obvious. Binus is scum, and knows that if we lunch Cena and he flips town, he's next. If he flips me instead he can go "oops my bad, let's test the EccoCop now and lunch Cena."

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

WindwardAway posted:

Hi Plastic, I have a question for you.
Do you think Cena is towny because he's done towny things, or is it because of thread treatment of his slot?

His posting, mostly, with a dash of Binus paranoia. Slowing down and analyzing Binus despite the absurd scum call on him seems towny, and his posts about Circl seem nuanced and legitimate.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm tunneled onto Binus because he's hilariously tunneled onto me. Gimme an hour or so, in the middle of stuff with my raid group, but I have a question for Circl in the meantime. Why do you think it's Cena of your three options?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So here's what I'm stuck on, the bizarre Cena suspicion shared by Binus, IA, and Circl.

There's no justification given, it doesn't feel natural, and their actions don't seem to line up with their scum read. I feel like at the very least, Binus and IA are both using it to pretend like they have more than one scum read. I also don't really see why Circl zeroed in on Cena between his three results, or why Cena was a scum read of his from Day 1.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay here to check on things before deadline and.. you know what, I'm okay with this.

b-minus1 posted:

This is dumb

You're right, we should be lunching you, but considering that you seem intent on making me the alternative, I'll take the suspect claim that I'm pretty sure is your partner. And self-preservation. (If I survive the night, I'll explain tomorrow, but Circl's posting and claim does seem to oddly line up with Binus' posting, and I still don't buy his alleged top scum read of Cena.)

WindwardAway posted:

Because I'm in a poe of 3 people, if you trust circl's cop check of at least one scum. Don't you think it's odd that nobody is interested in looking at me? Like what if binus and Cena are both town? Are you guys going to go after circl first or are you going to consider me? It's just weird, that's all.

Your posting has all seemed very town to me. :shrug:

##vote: Circl

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hi. Didn't realize the game had restarted. I'm gonna need some time before I can get caught up, exhausted and kinda feeling like poo poo today, but I'll leave a few notes.

Regarding my vote: To be honest, I didn't really have as well thought out reasoning as I said. I was working off a hunch regarding Circl and Binus' bizarre shared suspicion of Cena, and the fact that Circl's claim shifted to say he totally didn't visit after Wind outed. Also, I was trying to save my own rear end.

Also why are we not flipping the guy who was actively trying to protect flipped scum for the last two days?

##vote: Binus because unless there's some massive revelation in the posts I haven't read yet, my vote's going here.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay I lied it's not a few notes but I'm feeling like poo poo and really should have subbed out on day 1 but hey. See everyone tonight.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay I've had some time to get my poo poo together and catch up on the thread and this game is driving me absolutely crazy and giving me PTSD to Robot Mafia. Of course I'm tunneling Binus. Every single time I try to look at someone else there's another Binus post loudly yelling that I'm scum as he continues to walk in and say "Hey let's not lunch scum and lunch Plastic instead." He sat here for two days proclaiming Circl was town and that we shouldn't even look at him. It's insane and he's already setting up to swerve back to Cena for no loving reason after I flip town.

What's even more insane is the apparent fact that Cena was roleblocked, because I targeted wologar last night and was told that my action was successful. (I targeted Binus N1 and could not target him again.) So I guess there's some kind of redirector in play.

Shell, Cena, Psycho, and Wind are all hard town, and third scum is one of the two protective claims. IA's had better posting than Wologar, but he's still part of that "was putting sus on Cena for no stated reason" triumvurate.

WindwardAway posted:

Here's the funny thing: Circl's actual role DID visit. So I think scum knew I wasn't a tracker, or I obviously would've just pushed harder and said something more along the lines of knowing who Circl visited, versus saying that I knew that Circl didn't visit me specifically.

I am not voting binus because I kind of believe he didn't notice that scum were given fake claims. I know this is a stupid reason to think he's town, and I know it is a derpclear that can easily be faked, but I also think that scum!binus would've gone for an easier target like Cena right off the bat instead of fighting the thread flow and also the very obvious leads where his own read pointed, if he thought Circl was town and Cena was scum. He could easily have piled on Cena with everyone else and it would've resulted in less questioning and doubt than it did because he voted outside of the Circl check instead.

I am pretty sure Shell is the only player to have visited me last night, but if anyone else visited me, I need them to say so ASAP because it obviously affects what I know.

Also this post makes no goddamned sense because Cena WAS NOT an easy push. There was no will to lunch Cena because no one saying he was scum could give any reasoning. Also you know, I'm pretty sure Circl updated his claim because you outed that you can see if anyone visits you at night.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wologar posted:

Did you sing me a lullaby?

I have zero idea what you're talking about.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

wologar posted:

I brought it up before, but I think the remaining scum could very well be binus/Plastic, bussing hard from the beginning.

Okay this can not be an actual thought. :psyduck:

Shellception posted:

If binus is scum, Plastic, to me, is not. So you can call that a townread, but don't be confused, because it literally hinges on a flip. I still want to know what's up with that Plastic pseudoclaim earlier, and hear him, ideally before we flip anyone. Because one thing I agree with b- there is Plastic is not playing the game.

If binus is scum, the most possible third teammate to me would be either you or IA. And let's say I'm starting to think of edible hats.

Anyway, hi. I should explain myself in a bit more detail. I outed this earlier, but was burned out and not actually playing the game when this was being discussed. I'm Odric, Lunarch Marshal, one of my favorite boys from Innistrad. I'm a two-shot roleblocker, and well, as stated earlier. Wologar was supposed to have been the one being targeted. So there's an unclaimed redirector out there on top of everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay Binus, I have to ask. I get why you're so tunneled on me, but why do you keep bringing up Cena?