Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbez

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
a guy in AI said he posts here a lot

i don't know what this forum is for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

hobbez posted:

it's a place for chilling like you would chill irl. make friends, talk with friends. smoke weed and get trashed if that's ur thing. there's no irony here...mostly

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
My internet home for a very very long time, op :w2byob:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

with LENGTHY sojourns elsewhere :catbert:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

it's customary for us to greet newcomers w/ two questions.

1. tell us of ur crimes.

2. show us ur pets.

that's all I had 2 do and now I'm a byob superstar. trust me ppl lose their minds on here b/c I'm always saying dope poo poo :coolfish:

anyways what's up OP

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Chewbecca

Areola Grande posted:

with LENGTHY sojourns elsewhere :catbert:

It's good for the soul to take posting sabbaticals, blessed be and namaste :pray:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Areola Grande posted:

it's customary for us to greet newcomers w/ two questions.

1. tell us of ur crimes.

2. show us ur pets.

that's all I had 2 do and now I'm a byob superstar. trust me ppl lose their minds on here b/c I'm always saying dope poo poo :coolfish:

anyways what's up OP

I wish I was a posting superstar :sweatdrop:

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

It's good for the soul to take posting sabbaticals, blessed be and namaste :pray:

blessed be :argh:

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

I wish I was a posting superstar :sweatdrop:

that day is coming closer than u think :aaaaa:

Chewbecca

And they said I'd never make it :blush:

Areola Grande

Chewbecca posted:

And they said I'd never make it :blush:

:lovewcc:

Heather Papps

hello friend

hobbez posted:

a wizened old man sat down at the gate of byob, greeting travellers as they came. one asked "what kind of people are in byob?" the old man responded, "what kind of people are there, where you are from"

the traveller pondered for a moment, then answered "evil people." the old mans eyes turned towards the ground as he said "evil people live here as well."

and the traveller went on his way. another came with the same question, and was answered with the old man's question in return. this time, the traveller answered "wonderful people. they're funny and clever but most importantly, kind." the old man smiled, and said "just like byob."

and the traveller went on his way.

anyways byob is a mirror i guess it's pretty fun to be able to have a place where even if the idea i need to express or the joke i want to make is extremely obtuse or esoteric and would get me nothing but confusion in any other space.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
there's a human compulsion to need to know the purpose of things, the names of things, the meaning of things. like when someone paints a picture and asks, "what title should i give this painting?" others might ask, "but what does it mean?? what's its purpose????"

the truth is that the painting doesn't need a title, a meaning, or a purpose. it just exists. maybe it makes you feel a certain way when you look at it. maybe it makes you ask questions about the picture or about yourself.

byob works the same way.

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

nut

nm

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
BYOB is more about cooperation than competition.

In the yob, it is usually safe to assume that others are posting in good faith.

I have seen many byob threads rescued from obscurity and an early demise by the creativity and imagination of byob posters.

nut

byob is a place you can post zapzap I知 a weiner laser and the crowd goes wild

hobbez

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
Seems like a good place to be maybe I will stay a while

nut

good 2 have u partner

nut

just remember to fill out the form with who referred you because byob is also a pyramid scheme

Manifisto

nut posted:

byob is a place you can post zapzap I知 a weiner laser and the crowd goes wild

:f5:

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

zapzap I知 a weiner laser

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i'm also a joke thief, today

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

biosterous' seven words you can't say on tv

gallery of sigs

he/him

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

biosterous posted:

zapzap I知 a weiner laser

:five: :thumbsup:

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it's a stupid rear end subforum for dipshits, like me. :getin:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

biosterous posted:

zapzap I知 a weiner laser
Holy poo poo lmao

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

nut

biosterous posted:

zapzap I知 a weiner laser

Ass-penny

barnold posted:

it's a stupid rear end subforum for dipshits, like me. :getin:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

biosterous posted:

zapzap I知 a weiner laser

WWOOOOOOOAH

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Heather Papps

hello friend

make the wiener laser thread

MAKE IT

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
to be completely honest op, i've been posting here for years and still have no idea

maybe it's for discussing lawn mowers or sharing yu-gi-oh strategies?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

biosterous posted:

zapzap I知 a weiner laser

Chewbecca

Hi wiener laser, I'm dad

Nosfereefer

hobbez posted:

Currently, the BYOB subforum is open for threads about making informed purchases of any kind, and discussion threads are welcome for questions that warrant enough traffic to keep a thread alive. However, you will find most of the threads to be specifically about saving money through discounts on specific purchases.

Manifisto

biosterous posted:

zapzap I’m a weiner laser

holy poo poo he did it

Twenty Four

hobbez posted:

hobbez posted:

Seems like a good place to be maybe I will stay a while

I've heard this question many before and think I know where you are coming from. I have tried a few different ways to answer it, but I will give it another try. Sorry if any of this sounds vague because explaining a concept is harder than explaining a specific thing, but byob is good and you should stick around if you enjoy it!

I guess it is easier to "get it" if you can sum up a forum with something concrete and easier to explain like "this is the forum about cars" or "this is the forum about pets and animals" instead of a general vibe and community. Bottom line, this is the chill fun good times forum.

I think a lot of people make the mistake of going "I don't get it, there is no way there is a wonderful place on the internet where everyone just wants to be nice and make friends and tell jokes, this is some sort of meta-joke right? Am I just not 'in on it'? Am I missing something?". But no, byob is exactly what it is, even if it is hard to describe. It's probably the most welcoming and genuine place online with almost no judgement while simultaneously not being afraid to be adult, childish, crass, or just plain goofy and anything in between. I suppose don't be a jerk, follow the golden rule sort of thing applies. It's basically everything you could ask for in an online community if you like cool fun chill times with friends.

Barking Gecko posted:

BYOB is more about cooperation than competition.

In the yob, it is usually safe to assume that others are posting in good faith.

Chewbecca posted:

^^^^^

I've said this before more times then I remember, and I have had that feeling for quite a long time, but byob is definitely "home on the internet" for me, it just feels that way. If I were told "you can only do one thing online from now on" byob would be it. Sticking around and letting it all soak in is probably the only way to make it all click.

Twenty Four

Nosfereefer posted:

Currently, the BYOB subforum is open for threads about making informed purchases of any kind, and discussion threads are welcome for questions that warrant enough traffic to keep a thread alive. However, you will find most of the threads to be specifically about saving money through discounts on specific purchases.

:jail:

cruft

Areola Grande posted:

This post made me lose my friggin' mind.

cruft

Twenty Four posted:

I think a lot of people make the mistake of going "I don't get it, there is no way there is a wonderful place on the internet where everyone just wants to be nice and make friends and tell jokes, this is some sort of meta-joke right? Am I just not 'in on it'? Am I missing something?". But no, byob is exactly what it is, even if it is hard to describe. It's probably the most welcoming and genuine place online with almost no judgement while simultaneously not being afraid to be adult, childish, crass, or just plain goofy and anything in between. I suppose don't be a jerk, follow the golden rule sort of thing applies. It's basically everything you could ask for in an online community if you like cool fun chill times with friends.

Is SAclopedia still accepting entries?

e: answer: yes.

ee: Oops, I forgot to credit Twenty Four, and now the SAclopedia page makes it look like I am able to form intelligent thoughts.

cruft fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Sep 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
BYOB is great, BYOB is good;
Lets us crack about pets and food.
Keeps our minds off of our job,
Give us all our daily BYOB.

Ramen