Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Soccer Mom from Lodi that says "I hope GSP beats your rear end" should be a SCUM role

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

all u motherfuckers are on steroidsscum

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I read the AEW mafia thread

That is my experience with hidden role games (not counting every day when i pretend to be a normal person and not a weird lil goblin)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Day 1 is always a crapshoot so I will base my vote on the answer to this question: what is your favorite Diaz Bro Fight? Mine is Nate vs Cowboy

Nick vs Diego Sanchez, because as Diego put it at the World MMA Awards, they were scrambling over each other like "slippery, slimy lizards"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TheTofuShop posted:

Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi, for the sick gogoplata of course, but also for the timeless reminder that THE MAN is always trying to keep the 209 down and we should fight the regulators for making such bullshit rules man.

Aint nobody out here throwin hooks to the head and choking people with gogos

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I'm just going to lay down on the mat and watch this unfold for a bit

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

this must be what its like when soccer moms in lodi want gsp to beat your rear end

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I'm saying that I got mixed up on what we were trying to do until I reread the OP.

Not fully understanding the rules at hand is an extremely Diaz thing.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Anyway, some people are voting for LobsterMobster. I have met Lobster irl and can confirm she is not scummy irl. however she is also not a weird lil goblin irl despite claiming to be so in this thread, so that's actually kinda sus if u think about it. Sorry Lob, I tried to clear your good name and came up short!!!

Bluedeanie, you are a good person.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

wonder what chris avila is doing these days

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

ok, but who is going to be richard perez

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

white washing nick diaz in fantasy film casting - p scummy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

The real strategic advantage of having never played this game before is while everyone else is having interesting conversations about strategy and reading into player motives and what you can and cannot glean from first-day activities, I, like a true Stocktonian, legitimately have no idea what I am doing and am thus strategically pure.

b i g
s a m e

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

I don't know many actors :(

fair

my first thought was john slattery as perez because of the white hair :-/

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

RIP Merk

I don't like how much they were pushing to get rid of Gumball before the deadline

##vote The Science of Suck

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

The Science of Suck posted:

i didn’t push anything? i made one post about a scummy post gumball did and then my next post was bumping the thread before deadline. do u mean that second post?

do u think gumball is town? if so, why?

what’s it like being ik?

sorry for slipping that last one in, i know it’s not relevant to the game but i guess i’m just a curious george

I'm referring to the second post. I took it as looking for a push to get rid of someone

At this point, I'm not 100% convinced Gumball is Nick Diaz Army, I'm just suspicious of the aforementioned behavior.

I was "guest IK" of here for doing well on a MMA picks contest. I never once used any buttons, not even for a comedy 6er.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Thread activity a bit low. I hope people post. Don't want any Nick Diaz Army members to get got due to inactivity

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Are the scum able to coordinate during hte day?

i dont know, u tell me

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I want everyone to look me in the eye and tell me you aren't scum.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Look at these scared homies

also i wanted to share this little snippet of when the skrap pack hung out with anthony bourdain

https://twitter.com/BigToneTrader/status/1005130059206791168

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dirt Road Junglist has been pretty quiet. I'm not saying scum, but it's hard to get a read on someone with less than 10 posts across both days.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

TheTofuShop posted:

Related to the actual game, I do think there are a couple scum in that Gumball vote from Day 1. I probably should have hopped on the train to get them lynched but I was still kinda in the dark in terms of info (as most of us are still, I think) and didnt wanna murder an innocent 209er.

Can any of you who voted for Science of Suck/LobMob kinda illuminate your reasoning for doing so?

I feel better about Lob Mob than SoS, but its not like I have a definite read on either of them.

As I said to SoS, I didn't get a good vibe when they posted to remind people of the approaching deadline to get rid of Gumball.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Don't be scared of my lack of posting, homie.

If you're town, I don't want you getting got because of Diaz Social Anxiety Disorder.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

It was a feeling I got. I dont know 100% if Gumball is town (nothing explicitly stood out as scum to my newbie eyes), but the little nudge/reminder read as "hey gang, lets get rid of Gumball now" and it didnt sit right with me

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

drat it. RIP DRJ, Nep, and Carl

I warned DRJ about Diaz Social Anxiety.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

And if I get knifed tonight we know I'm on the right track.

CS didn't get got. Wrong track, or because CS is scum???

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nep-Nep posted:

Why do you think I'm dead?

because i cant read correctly and confused you for tofu shop

sorry!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nep-Nep posted:

I think a good place to start would be with the two who were modkilled. Since they were both town if anyone was pushing them there could be scum there.

Looks like nobody voted for Tofu (Presumably because there wasn't a lot of activity to glean any insight)

DRJ got targeted by Gumball (Later rescinded) for existing but not being memorable, and merk (RIP) because DRJ retaliated against Gumball

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mekchu posted:

True.

I want the following people to speak up and say who they think is sus and why:

The Science of Suck, George Kansas, Bluedeanie, TheTofuShop

They've posted the least as far as I can tell.

Tofu is dead, man

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I don't know at this point!

I had minor suspicions that DRJ and Tofu were keeping quiet to fly under the radar (especially DRJ because most of their posts looked like they were trying to deflect), but I think they just got high and forgot to post, living the true Diaz Life.

I'm marginally wary of anyone talking strategies and tactics, but I think Nep is cool

My vibes on Science have lessened as they have posted more.

Just about everyone else, I could easily be convinced of being scum without a lot of fuss.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Actually, reading the thread from the jump again, I'm going with

##vote Common Shore

Early on talked about not understanding the point of the game and asking if scum can talk to each other, but later busts out strategy posts about how votes should have shaken out if people were town or scum.

The first part feels like obfuscation to avoid early suspicion

Also, listed Nate Diaz vs Stun Gun Kim as their favorite Diaz fight, a bout famous for Kim "bitchslapping Nate back to 209"

All told, very untrustworthy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

classic mistake of Not Enough Posting :(

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nep-Nep posted:

I will say I'm still the questioning phase here, this post actually has reasonable points.

but I would like commentary on where you feel on SoS at this point given that you dropped that line of inquiry

As I saw more posts by SoS, my feeling of them being scum lessened. And, at this point, CS gives me stronger scum/suspect vibes.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Re-read through most of the thread

I'm still not getting good feelings from CommonShore

But I have strong scum feelings from ilmucche and Bluedeanie

ilmucche's votes drifted a lot, but towards the end of d1 and d2, both voted in lockstep (Gumball, then Science of Suck), within somewhat short time frames of each other. Could be wild cork board conspiracy, but it read as a tad coordinated.

If it looks like a larger consensus is on the way, I'm willing to move my vote to either one of them.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nep, you haven't voted

Who are you thinking at this point?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

As I said, CS, illmucche, and Bluedeanie were my top 3 BAD VIBEZ list, and it looks like bd is getting more scrutiny at this point

##unvote

##vote Bluedeanie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Theres nothing more Diazian than self-sabotage, especially if it is through inaction, so I claim this as a town win

Also, scum only held us down and wrestled, that doesnt count.