Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

mega dy posted:

Er, can we unlock waivers a day early? I am currently stuck without a kicker and starting the Rams DST vs Buffalo because I did not expect waivers to be locked through Friday.

Bass and Gay are both taken, so all the remaining kickers should be available on Friday. I think I could change the waiver period to one day instead of two temporarily, but that may have some downstream impact to what everyone’s expecting for tomorrow and Friday.

Y’all wanna weigh in on this one? I’m open to suggestions here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Not sure I understand the problem. I don't have a kicker either...I'll simply add one on Friday or Saturday. Adds/drops don't lock for the week on Thursday. (There are some leagues that do have it set that way and it's terrible)

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

coronaball posted:

Adds/drops don't lock for the week on Thursday. (There are some leagues that do have it set that way and it's terrible)

Ooooh, yeah, maybe that’s it. We won’t be doing that here. :)

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

coronaball posted:

Not sure I understand the problem. I don't have a kicker either...I'll simply add one on Friday or Saturday. Adds/drops don't lock for the week on Thursday. (There are some leagues that do have it set that way and it's terrible)
I guess the kicker thing is fine, but the Rams play Thursday night and I can't currently pick up another DST until Friday. Maybe my own stupidity but I didn't really expect to be unable to pick up and start another DST before the week started.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

mega dy posted:

I guess the kicker thing is fine, but the Rams play Thursday night and I can't currently pick up another DST until Friday. Maybe my own stupidity but I didn't really expect to be unable to pick up and start another DST before the week started.

You can move the Rams to your bench or drop the Rams before the game and pickup another defense on Friday if you don't want to start them.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

freeman posted:

You can move the Rams to your bench or drop the Rams before the game and pickup another defense on Friday if you don't want to start them.
Heyyyy this is a good solution, it turns out I'm just kinda dumb. Thank you.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
This was a blast to stream, thanks so much. I hope we gave enough advice: My one regret is that I didn't emphasize that if you jump in voice chat we will deduce whatever strategy you are going for and help you maximize that plan.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Football is BACK :toot:

Good luck to y’all.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Drunk Nerds posted:

This was a blast to stream, thanks so much. I hope we gave enough advice: My one regret is that I didn't emphasize that if you jump in voice chat we will deduce whatever strategy you are going for and help you maximize that plan.

Perhaps I should have talked more and I would have a starting WR. Or I should have ignored you and I would have a backup TE with Kittle seemingly out.

It was super fun and I hope I can flail around next year as well.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Snowmankilla posted:

Perhaps I should have talked more and I would have a starting WR. Or I should have ignored you and I would have a backup TE with Kittle seemingly out.

It was super fun and I hope I can flail around next year as well.

You could always trade for a TE with someone who has two startable ones. *cough*

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Ha. Not sure Jones is worth a te right now?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Ha. Not sure Jones is worth a te right now?

I mean, that's an RB and a TE?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Quiet Feet posted:

I mean, that's an RB and a TE?

You make a valid point.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
mega dy sorry I didn’t give you a heads up about Kamara. West Coast here, so I was really just getting up around the time the game started.

FWIW, I see Kamara in the starting lineup for teams in a couple of other leagues I’m in. Think folks just kinda forgot about the early game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

generic one posted:

mega dy sorry I didn’t give you a heads up about Kamara. West Coast here, so I was really just getting up around the time the game started.

FWIW, I see Kamara in the starting lineup for teams in a couple of other leagues I’m in. Think folks just kinda forgot about the early game.

Not really your job to monitor people's rosters. Looks like that one caught everyone by surprise too in any case. Goon Beer League had a guy put up 155 with Kamara in an RB slot. He likely would've been in the lead for the most points in a single game prize if he'd had anyone else there.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Quiet Feet posted:

Not really your job to monitor people's rosters. Looks like that one caught everyone by surprise too in any case. Goon Beer League had a guy put up 155 with Kamara in an RB slot. He likely would've been in the lead for the most points in a single game prize if he'd had anyone else there.

Yeah, not speaking as the commish there, just as their opponent. I’m not going through and checking everyone’s rosters and alerting them if they’ve got a player out in this league.

As a manager though, I do try and give my opponent a heads up if I see they’ve got someone in their starting lineup who’s out. I’m weird like that. :)

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

generic one posted:

Yeah, not speaking as the commish there, just as their opponent. I’m not going through and checking everyone’s rosters and alerting them if they’ve got a player out in this league.

As a manager though, I do try and give my opponent a heads up if I see they’ve got someone in their starting lineup who’s out. I’m weird like that. :)

I guess that's why I got BTFO when I started Ingram against the Kamara 155 guy instead of warning him

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I was annoyed by that. Mainly because I slept in and honestly thought Kamara was going to be fine to play. (Not even sure this is the league I have him. Just know I got hosed in a couple).

I'm more mad at setting all my lineups on Yahoo and then when I went to check in the afternoon, none of my changes happened. That poo poo is infuriating.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

It's just a London fuckup. There was a hint that it might happen when they activated Latavius on Saturday. But unless you saw that, there was absolutely no reason to think Kamara wouldn't play.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

generic one posted:

Totally your fault and 100% not mine at all

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

In related news I have some decent WR assets that I would be happy to move for a comparable RB.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Someone give me something for Josh Reynolds I can't flex him but he's gonna go off again.

Best positive WARP offer by London kickoff tomorrow am gets him, make sure that your opponent doesn't.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm personally hoping Reynolds doesn't play because I'm ready to rock out with my Hock out.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
That's why he needs to play so I don't get my world Hocked again this week

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Needs More Bellcow needs to let me win this week

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Levin posted:

Will you give him more bellcow if he does?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Levin posted:

Denver DST has got you off to a pretty, pretty good start! :)

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Sataere posted:

Will you give him more bellcow if he does?

I would give him all the bellcow. So it comes down to Kelce on Monday night, welp, at least I have a shot and keeps things interesting.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Nice win, Levin. Knew Kelce was gonna get you those points. :clint:

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

generic one posted:

Nice win, Levin. Knew Kelce was gonna get you those points. :clint:

Thanks! I sure didn't but it was definitely a welcomed, and pleasant, surprise. Checked playoffs and we're only allowing 6 teams to advance so still a long shot but I ain't done yet.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm glad Davante and Carlson went off because it means no matter my choices it wouldn't have mattered, and thus I am blameless.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Just realized not all leagues replace starter drops with free agent pickups. Had the points I needed to win from my new defense on the bench. But that’s on me. Imma coach these boys up from here on out.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Just realized not all leagues replace starter drops with free agent pickups. Had the points I needed to win from my new defense on the bench. But that’s on me. Imma coach these boys up from here on out.

ESPN does, but Yahoo does not and it's real stupid.

"Hmmm yes I would rather have an empty slot than the guy I just added"

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

coronaball posted:

ESPN does, but Yahoo does not and it's real stupid.

"Hmmm yes I would rather have an empty slot than the guy I just added"

My two main leagues are espn so yahoo is kind of an afterthought. Would be nice if it weren’t stupid though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The Big Jesus posted:

My two main leagues are espn so yahoo is kind of an afterthought. Would be nice if it weren’t stupid though.

Yahoo can be glitchy. When you add a player, it gives you the option to put someone in the starting lineup. It takes maybe 50% of the time.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I’ve got kyler and burrow and don’t need both. Willing to listen to trade offers if anybody’s got an RB to deal. Can even return Harris, CEH, or Brian Robinson in a 2-for-1.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bold trade offer from Spacejung. His Dalvin Cook on bye for my D'Andre Swift. :v:

I love the team name

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sataere posted:

Bold trade offer from Spacejung. His Dalvin Cook on bye for my D'Andre Swift. :v:

I love the team name

It could be awesome yeah, lets take a chance.

Because you never know, you never know, you never know until you go.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Can't blame me, you might be the one guy who doesn't need to start Swift this week :)

E6 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

spacejung posted:

Can't blame me, you might be the one guy who doesn't need to start Swift this week :)

E6 4 lyfe

I'm 3-3. I need to win.

I just enjoyed that because looking at that trade was like peeling back an onion. First, I was like, Swift for Cook. That's interesting. Then I was like, wait Cook is on bye. Then it was, AND I'M PLAYING YOU!

Sorry Dance Commander, I will not dance to that tune. But real talk, game respects game here.