Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I've always wondered how people go to sleep, whether its music or passing out in front of a tv or nothing at all like a psychopath.

What puts you out when its time to go to sleep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
your posts lol

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I listen to a playlist of songs from games and orchestral music to put me down. If I listen to anything with lyrics I'll tend to focus on it and it'll keep me up

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

If my posts are your melatonin then I am glad

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Sleeping pills and a fifth of bottom shelf vodka.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I read in bed and its conditioned me that even picking up a book and reading 5 pages makes me start passing out. A kindle is good because you don't need a light on. I dropped it on my face a few nights ago falling asleep.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I can't decide if I want to swallow the pills and keister the vodka or vice-versa tonight.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

no more dreams by 1991 is nice.

Busted Pisser
Dec 6, 2020

Never skip kegels day
I was blessed with the ability to queef on command and I used to queef myself to sleep. However, everything changed when I started chasing gains at the gym and destroyed my pelvic floor. Now, I just take a combination melatonin and zzzquil when I slip into my nighttime diaper. By the time I brush my teeth and scrub my face I'm ready to snooze.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Old episodes of the LeVar Burton Reads podcast that I've heard several times before (so I don't focus too much on them; new ones won't put me to sleep) that I know don't have ads that'll jolt me awake.
I have pretty fuckin bad tinnitus so I need something; I know a lot of people sleep with a fan on but for whatever reason I don't zone out to mechanical noise, I just find it irritating and it keeps me up. Which sucks rear end when it's really hot.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
GABA and melatonin

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Weed op

E: also daydreaming that I'm floating up into space until I get bored and fall asleep

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Scripting. If I'm focused on what two imaginary characters with imaginary problems are discussing, I'm not focusing on the real, dumb thing I said to someone ten years ago that I can do gently caress all about.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The habitual and rhythmic banging of my upstairs neighbors' headboard.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Scripting. If I'm focused on what two imaginary characters with imaginary problems are discussing, I'm not focusing on the real, dumb thing I said to someone ten years ago that I can do gently caress all about.

This has been a problem for me a bunch of times, I find myself dwelling on stupid rear end decisions I've made in the past and what I've could've done differently.

Keeps me up real late sometimes

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Star Trek The Next Generation, without fail

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
I listen to science and mathematics videos on youtube. It's interesting to keep me engaged/not annoyed with the content, but not too engaged that I stay awake listening. Alternatively, I listen to Perun's war logistics videos because they are long and informative as heck.

The ideal falling-asleep video is one that's long and also doesn't have some guy editing in loud meme noises or yelling.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Recently I've been watching videos from PBS' various channels on youtube to put me out. Who knew climate change and the destruction of civilization can put me to sleep pretty reliably

https://www.youtube.com/c/pbsterra
https://www.youtube.com/c/pbsspacetime
https://www.youtube.com/c/eons

TontoCorazon fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 5, 2022

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Moderators close the thread

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit

Smugworth posted:

Moderators close the thread

Besides this guys posts melatonin puts me on my rear end

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also Journey to the Microcosmos is incredibly reliable in drifting me off to sleep land no matter how interesting I find the subject matter

https://www.youtube.com/c/microcosmos

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I just play one of those food making shows on Netflix like the great British baking show or whatever. Never fails to put me to sleep. I also have a fan for when that stops playing in case I wake up during the night. But I seldom do that anymore

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
1000mg Tryptophan (Life Extension)
1000mg DLPA (Solgar)
500mg GABA (Thorne PharmaGABA)
300mg Lemon Balm (New Chapter Lemon Balm Force)
700mg Chamomile (Penn Herb Organic)
10 mg Melatonin (Natrol, lozenge)

hth

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd54ArIzqzI

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I have a convoluted setup of blocks and tackles so that when I pull on a particular rope, an anvil drops on my head from a height. That usually puts me out. If not I have a second rope that causes a spring to swing a baseball bat at my cranium, and if all else fails I have a third rope where a boxing glove comes out of a box and punches me in the face. Once I wake up in the morning I pull on the rope that makes a robotic butt come out of the closet to take a machine dump on my chest.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Caesar Saladin posted:

I read in bed and its conditioned me that even picking up a book and reading 5 pages makes me start passing out. A kindle is good because you don't need a light on. I dropped it on my face a few nights ago falling asleep.

Been doing this for 20 years or so

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Nicki Minaj's pussy; I've been calling her nyquil

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I bought one of those white noise machines a few months ago and it actually helps.

The best sound to fall asleep to is steady rain or thunder; I love thunder sounds.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:horsedrugs:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Cucking sheep

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

The habitual and rhythmic banging of my upstairs neighbors' headboard.

Sorry neighbor.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Star Trek , TNG , DS9 or Voyager.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfHBEXZhSnk

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
20 beers and a beating

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

From roughly 2006 to 2008, I exclusively fell asleep to the audio from the "Mitchell" episode of MST3K

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

haljordan posted:

From roughly 2006 to 2008, I exclusively fell asleep to the audio from the "Mitchell" episode of MST3K

I used to listen to whatever was uploaded on YouTube I have quest of the delta knights basically memorized

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
spergy youtube videos about games such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTJQQRlcBXg or any kind of speedrun, let’s play etc. always sends me out like a light. i don’t know why. if i ever want to actually pay attention to a final fantasy XIV guide i have to watch in quick 5 minute bursts because i keep losing concentration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

ASMR