Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

ASAPI posted:

To be fair, Disco was producing more content that AGS for this game, so him stopping would be a blow.

:rubby:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

downout
Jul 6, 2009

RagnarokZ posted:

No, that's me. Discospawn based all of his critique on numbers and statistics, I just poo poo all over you beloved corporate mass-media product.

:lol:

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Thirsty Dog posted:

Oh no, plenty of people hate the game more than him. He was just one of the few people willing to put the effort into explaining how much of a shitshow it was continuing to be.

:lmao:

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Carmant posted:

Questing with my Death Knight in Zangarmarsh has been pretty fun so far. Forgot how insanely OP they were. I don't even have a good/coherent talent build right now and I still destroy everything.

Lol

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Pandaal posted:

They’re hoping to address this with a few changes in this patch and the next one.

For one, most of the time that a single faction owns an entire server it’s actually the case that it’s one *company* that runs the server. This was because of a)the consolidation of wealth for owning certain towns and b)the use of shell companies that would allow one functional company to defend multiple settlements at war. Both of those systems are being changed.

For the second, there are changes coming to the “influence” systems that throw settlements into conflict in the first place allowing them to be taken over. It should soon be easier to challenge for a settlement if you’re in an underrepresented faction.

This sounds like good changes based on some of the conversations in the previous thread. I hope they can pull it off. I'm looking forward to reports in the future of how the implementation of this goes into the game.