Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you wash new clothing before wearing it?
Yes
No
View Results

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Spinz posted:

Used clothing wash and dry it on high

If you can't don't buy it

It's bedbugs that's the fear, not cooties

I worked at a thrift store and the folks who sorted donations there told me they had gotten scabies from dirty clothes and bedding. Multiple times.

Unlike the previous thrift store person itt, no they did not just hose off dog poo poo and call it good. Only clean items were put out for sale. But still, yeah, wash it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I usually give everything a good soapy handwash before anything, including condoms.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You'll probably be fine, just get all your shots and take your vitamins and wear your masks and you can eat stuff off the floor and wear your cancer Tshirts.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

Washing them first takes too long, I just get put on my new clothes and then get into the shower fully dressed

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I burn new clothes and rub my body with the ashes.

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
I don't wash clothes when I buy them. I also don't wash after I wear them. Ever.

Waste of water what's the point?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
All laundering is money laundering, if you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i lived with my brother for a bit and he came home wearing a pair of skinny jeans he got from a box marked "free" when he was out walking in the city. he was so stoked until i started yelling at him to take those off and wash them before wearing them any longer, he was sore about it all loving day lmao. they weren't "brand new" in this anecdote but hope this counts op