Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Could have sworn we agreed on “killing at a twelfth grade level” for the title. Although the newt one might be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

According to a post on GundamInfo, the GundamInfo simulcast of the series will be exclusive to Asia and parts of Oceania, with the worldwide simulcast being exclusive to CR.

Bah :mad:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Also a special stand for the bit staves.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

lih posted:

the more obvious complication is whatever revenge scheme suletta's mum has in the works

Pretty sure Suletta's mom killing Miorine's dad would make her more attracted to Suletta.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I feel like it's quite possible Guel was adhering to some code of "honor" and just shooting near Aerial until he saw it make a move. He hits dead on exactly when the shield is raised, and it looks like he fired a stronger beam that time?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I get the sense Guel has always seen kindness as weakness because that's what his father taught him. Suletta has blown his goddamn mind and he's in totally uncharted territory.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Gruel.

Also a fun little thing I noticed is how Suletta speaks differently to her mom than to strangers. Much more casual and confident.

Her mother is the only person she actually has a lot of practice speaking to.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

This isn't exclusive to G-Witch but I get annoyed when there's obviously english writing on the screen and the subtitles still feel the need to reiterate it. It's not the 90s anymore, we can read English with a much smaller chance of it being Engrish.

It's possibly that they grabbed the spot where the Japanese subtitle would be and filled it without thinking about it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

i wish there was at least like the monitor flashing in acknowledgement of a question like in the novel

Didn't that happen right before she spots Mio in episode one?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Re Rise will be the model for Gundam going forward,

I liked Re:Rise so this is entirely fine.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

Nika and Chuchu are my beta couple for this show. Just saying.

Nika is cool and I hope she's some sort of broken supporter in a future SRW.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Live inside your spouse like a hermit crab

No, you're thinking of male angler fish.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

How do you feel about the 2 racist girls at the center of the most recent episode

Obviously their parents didn't punch them in the face enough, but Chuchu has corrected that.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Nanoha Detonation already gave us Space Elon Musk but I'd be down with Gundam doing a take on one as long as Chu Chu punches him

Delling is already pretty close, he's super rich and got people killed over his twitter takes.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Runa posted:

I wish they'd used a better shot of suletta's face for the player icon

Lol that the zoom level makes it look like she has no mouth.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Didn't 86 have a special episode where they reviewed the plamo at one point? I'd be down for that.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Didn't one of the interviews suggest the prologue was written after the main thrust of the plot was decided? We probably shouldn't speculate too much based on anything in it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

If we do somehow have a "Suletta isn't Eri" thing I'm gonna assume it plays out more like Hallelujah/Allelujah rather than being actually separate.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

What was the longest Gundam ever concealed an identity reveal from viewers? Was it Schwartz Bruder (assuming you don't count his name lol)?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Traveller posted:

Isn't Mio supposed to get married during her birthday? :ohdear:

Yes, and it's soon. Like, just in time for the end of the cour!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I feel like at this point photon torpedoes and/or trans-am are the only real upgrade routes left. Aerial could easily be an end-of-series Gundam for SEED or AGE or something.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

The ability to use the bits as an I-field and weapons simultaneously is kinda OP, though. Like imagine how boned a hypothetical Pharact without bits would have been.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

ElBrak posted:

Kinda feels like Aerial went for the pilot kill and then went "Oh uh wait, this is a duel..." and half-assed blowing off the horn.

I think it/they was/were pissed about Elan trying to snipe one of the bits. They wanted to give him a near death experience too.

Tae posted:

I mean, we saw that 30 years ago in char's counter attack. This is only the franchise catching back up to the peak of Nu Gundam.

Unlike Nu, Aerial can refuel its bits. So it's more of a Hi-Nu. Also I don't think the Nu's funnels could form the shield and shoot at the same time.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Also this is from the guy who did Code Geas and some even crazier stuff.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Gripweed posted:

When did that episode confirm genetic modification if not full on cloning?

Yeah pretty sure that's just really good plastic surgery.

It does confirm memory modification IIRC, which fits with the OP having a line about "the memories sleeping inside you" with respect to Suletta.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

My theory is that Guel will challenge Shaddiq, and then show up hours late wielding a mobile suit sized bokken and soundly defeat him.

That would be amazing, Guel needs a W.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man I hate being reminded that there won’t be an episode tonight.

Will Crunchyroll have the "special episode" anyway?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Fangz posted:

It's worth pointing out that being connected to GUND brought out Elan 4's suppressed memories. (Specifically, the vision of the birthday candle). So an easy explanation of the giggling stuff is that it's Suletta's suppressed memories of being Eri being transmitted along the GUND link to Elan.

Doesn't the English translation of the OP literally have a line about "the memories sleeping inside you" sung from Aerial to Suletta?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

When they get their inevitable Gundaming, we're going to be celebrating like we did with Iok.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm thinking blue permet lines is "download" compared to red's "upload" color.

Eri was sending data to Lfrith, rather than the normal receiving data.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, they're probably gonna sell a blue plate for the HG Aerial in some way, huh?

Yeah look forward to it on p-bandai.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

When Lilique volunteered to join in the battle as pilot, my immediate thought was that she would be put into the Pharact and get fried (for drama). Am I the only one?

Oh no, I was also freaking out because I know that certain shows would absolutely do that.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I've made jokes that Suletta is actually a cybernetically uplifted Tanuki, but there's a part of my mind that wonders if it's really a joke.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

That's just the Curse of the Eva

Eva was ripping off Gundam enough, time to steal back.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Char was also an rear end in a top hat space Nazi in his late teens.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Vizuyos posted:

We don't actually know what the deal is with that, but it's definitely more complicated than just "Suletta's doing her own piloting now".

But when I say Suletta's relying more on the bits, I'm talking about stuff like the Darilblade fight where she was getting almost overwhelmed in melee and even had trouble with it at longer ranges. In general, most of her accomplishments have been down to the bits; she seems to be generally pretty bad with the saber, with the rifle, and with dodging.

I'm not saying she's a terrible or incompetent pilot, but it seems pretty clear that she wouldn't be Holder material in a Dilanza or Demi Trainer. She can certainly handle them well enough to do basic tasks, but all of her victories have been reliant on using the bits to overwhelm the opponent, except for whatever GUND Format Fuckery happened in the team fight.

Suletta didn't do that bad in the Daribalde fight, she would have won in the rain at one point if the beam saber had an anti-slip grip. She also presumably is the one who came up with using the chest to break the antenna.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, not enough people are pro her punching the rich.

Shame Zanscare ruined guillotines.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

There's an image I saw that's purportedly an SD version of the Aerial Repair from a card game.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Dammit I thought we put a moratorium on using organic oils to lubricate the AI tanks.

But there's so much of it lying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm assuming precious cinnamon roll just has way too much trust in her mom.