Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Friends & neighbors, it is once again my great pleasure to announce the arrival ...

... of ...

THE WEEKEND!!!

Its been a long, dumb week and I'm so happy to be able to stop thinkin about work. got a lot of little house things to do this weekend, nothing big. Hopefully do another lil painting too!

What y'all gettin up to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
currently sitting at the dmv. someone nearby is hacking up a lung. not a great start to the weekend, but I guess it can only go up from here.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I was considering a couple hours out past my usual 5-9pm hours

for the first time in literal years, but this is put back until an 11:30pm open (to get the live band packed out) and probably won't even fill up til past midnight, and I am pretty sure I would rather be in bed by then.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
holy drat this week felt long

gonna decompress like stuffit expander

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

using recovering from minor surgery as an excuse to take it extremely easy this weekend.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
OP's a little loud, but i'll allow it.

Weekend plans: none, really. Might finish cleaning up the enclosed porch so I get my workbench back.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

already had the g&t at lunch. probably gonna have some bourbon in a few here though

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Going to get myself a new fancy handheld shower head, because the big rainfall showerhead I got just isn't working out like I hoped. Also going to work on moving some domains that I own over to the cloud service I'm using and setting up a placeholder site for an eventual project. I haven't done much DNS fuckery before, so I expect this to be slightly disastrous.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
It's my brother in laws 40th birthday on Saturday so I am driving in to Toronto for the party so that should be pretty fun. The only problem is that I hate driving in Toronto. Plus the 401 is always jammed :(

Anyways other than that no big plans. Next week is Thanksgiving though so there will be bigger plans then.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

throtor

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Cleaning the gutters before all the leaves come down and clog them back up again :thumbsup:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i got one of the shower heads on a hose that clips in up there but you can take it down and spray your rear end or feet or (what i actually bought it for) filling your tiny washing machine. it's great.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I am in beautiful Porto, Portugal, and I intend to eat some good food and drink some good wine, maybe get a lil bit of surfing in if I'm real lucky

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I was considering a couple hours out past my usual 5-9pm hours

for the first time in literal years, but this is put back until an 11:30pm open (to get the live band packed out) and probably won't even fill up til past midnight, and I am pretty sure I would rather be in bed by then.

dogg if you think you'll enjoy the show I say go for it, when you're sleepy you can just reflect on the fun you had

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

Friends & neighbors, it is once again my great pleasure to announce the arrival ...

... of ...

THE WEEKEND!!!

Its been a long, dumb week and I'm so happy to be able to stop thinkin about work. got a lot of little house things to do this weekend, nothing big. Hopefully do another lil painting too!

What y'all gettin up to?

this is the energy we need

I have a boys weekend with some friends from fuckin high school and earlier, which will be good except have to work sunday so .. will have to leave at like7am sunday morning to get back and won’t be able to have a big night 😭 but it’ll be fun regardless

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that sounds fun. though i just went to a regular high school

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I had today off and was going to do stuff but I'm mostly chilling. I'll head out later for a walk and some shopping

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

weekend's here!

i've put off a lot of stuff due to the mini-heatwave this week (again), so i'll be catching up this weekend and doing yard work and various chores. no real plans otherwise.. might put the hammock up so i can fall asleep and bash myself in the nose with the reader again

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m getting the covid booster tomorrow. hopefully I don’t get too knocked out but I’ve already written this weekend off. still beats working

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

if nothing else I’m gonna play pinball in bed

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Silver Alicorn posted:

if nothing else I’m gonna play pinball in bed

the old pocket pinball eh

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm only an hour and a half into the weekend and i've already eaten an apple and accidentally ate the sticker too

that's how you know you're on the weekend vibe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dioxazine posted:

i'm only an hour and a half into the weekend and i've already eaten an apple and accidentally ate the sticker too

that's how you know you're on the weekend vibe

should go out to the orchard and pick one

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’m getting the covid booster tomorrow. hopefully I don’t get too knocked out but I’ve already written this weekend off. still beats working

you got some electronics project yet ? once I hooked up a servo onto another one and a mini joystick and a laser and made a joystick aimed laser. it was janky af but I was occupied for some hours

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

making pancakes.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

echinopsis posted:

you got some electronics project yet ? once I hooked up a servo onto another one and a mini joystick and a laser and made a joystick aimed laser. it was janky af but I was occupied for some hours

might do something if I find the energy. I’m just learning baby town analog stuff at the moment

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

might do something if I find the energy. I’m just learning baby town analog stuff at the moment

arduino / dev board stuff?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’ve got a breadboard and a pile of basic components

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

should go out to the orchard and pick one

that's true, i think there's one 30km away from me

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rip printworks

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’m getting the covid booster tomorrow. hopefully I don’t get too knocked out but I’ve already written this weekend off

thats why you get it on wednesday, op, so you can have your weekend

been off the past two days from work recovering from the bivv and before we start the weekend

im gonna take a nap

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had the day off and slept in, did some laundry, read more of my book. uh, idk. maybe more laundry tomorrow?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i built a custom website for a company who made firework show effects for like the super bowl and justin timberlake concerts and poo poo like that out of a remote place in montana

anywho, as the last person in the world to play the legend of zelda:blade of the wind, i plan on finding and mounting the Big Horse that suppposedly exists

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

my parents are visiting so i gotta deal with that but otherwise itll be vidya games and helping out my so with their covid booster weekend extravaganza

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
the doorknob down to my basement door broke on tuesday so

• i got to crawl in through the open basement window just to have access at all
  • to open it temporarily i had to take it off its hinges, which culminated in essentially kicking it open because i didn’t have a crowbar
  • the handles were really really stuck onto the shaft so i actually had to go buy an angle grinder to get the drat thing off
  • a lot of old paint flaked off so tomorrow i need to clean it up and apply a new coat of paint to try to re-encapsulate the possible lead
  • i’m also finally going to get off my rear end and replace the lock on the outside basement door that we don’t have keys to
  • and then sunday i’ll probably watch a lot of football

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Just put up my latest sound proofing solution between my home office and the echo chamber that is the stairs up to the bedrooms that house the sleeping family. Time to indulge in the guiltiest of pleasures - working on a friday night

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
having a nice little fire on the patio tonight. wife is dragging me to a fiber fest tomorrow, then i dunno what, probably chores and beers

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

drunk chores sounds like a good time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Went on a rainy evening drive. Bought a shop light, a vise, buncha hand tools from harbor freight

fixin that workbench up!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my folks are gonna be in town this weekend. im looking forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

dioxazine posted:

drunk chores sounds like a good time

laundry's easier after a pop or two imo (and you get to do it at midnight when all the machines are open)