Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I've had bad doughnuts, but I specifically have never had a bad blueberry doughnut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Mistle posted:

I've had one that tasted like it was accidentally dropped back into the fryer, tasted like it was weighed down with something that actually detracted from the flavor. The reason it stood out so obviously is because the blueberry cake doughnuts were never bad, even the same-day old ones.

Support your local doughnut places. I wish there was a 24-hour one around here, but there's not enough overnight economy to support it.

Isn't that just the weirdest loving thing? If I ever had a bad blueberry doughnut, I would 100% remember it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I once walked up to a Blue Star Donuts just after they closed up and the guy working there ran up to the door and gave me a free six pack of random doughnuts.

He was probably just a nice dude and getting rid EOD stuff, but I like to think it's because I'm incredibly hot.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
That would only increase my opinion of him.
Rock on, doughnut dude.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Mr. Merdle posted:

There's a hipster place in Portland that makes poo poo donuts to be pretentious

This is 99% true, but they also gave me the best apple fritter I've ever had in my life so I'm very conflicted.