Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you think will win the 2022 MLB World Series?
This poll is closed.
Mariners 32 20.65%
Blue Jays 13 8.39%
Rays 2 1.29%
Guardians 9 5.81%
Yankees 13 8.39%
Astros 12 7.74%
Phillies 10 6.45%
Braves 13 8.39%
Dodgers 22 14.19%
Padres 12 7.74%
Mets 10 6.45%
Cardinals 7 4.52%
Total: 155 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

the braves just won last year and have our core players locked down for the next Decade of Terror for the rest of baseball to deal with, so I'm pretty ok with anyone not the dodgers or mets winning this year

but it'd be a whole lot cooler if we did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

holy poo poo I really can't watch the postseason at all on MLB.tv? gently caress YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

elentar posted:

does not feel early to say, starting times aside maybe, the three-game single-host wild card round has been a success

I've really enjoyed all days worth of stress free baseball, hope more of these games go to 3 game series

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

gotta be trolling right

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/1579460945981890562?s=19

strider 6 years $75m

hell yeah

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

dumb take because scherzer caught hell for his late season meltdowns this year

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

putting in Robbie Ray there might go down as the dumbest move in the postseason this year. at least it is so far.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I'm still awestruck that just happened. holy poo poo the mariners must be so crushed right now

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/DKramer_/status/1579975495407480833?t=IUVWrDSJccsGBkzzmX2Rqw&s=19

couldn't have possibly thrown a worse pitch.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/KevinMcAlpin/status/1580402846297903104?t=3RmNMfeig98mCDi5CJcXlg&s=19

big stat imo

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

please I need a guardians padres world series so badly

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

the only good part of the Padres losing is bawfuls can stop talking up his stupid "whoever beats the dodgers always wins" junk

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

by the way how the gently caress did the dodgers lose to that team lmfao

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

since they can't both lose, go the Phillies

(altho I expect they're about to get absolutely pasted in 5 games)

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Red posted:

They should have kept Milwaukee in the AL and just switched to daily interleague back then

They also need to expand to 32 teams to have more balance. Nashville, Charlotte, Portland, New Orleans, or Indianapolis would all be fine.

Edit: Yeah, New Orleans would need a roof

no major league is gonna sink money (pun intended) into Nola anymore, that city is gonna be lovely Atlantis in a few years

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

more falafel please posted:

This is true though. The Astros got busted because there was a recognizable pattern that was obvious if you were looking for it. We know there were other teams doing *something*, maybe not as blatantly against the rules. Players have also strongly implied that lots of teams, if not most teams, were doing something.

OK, you convinced me. I support taking the 2017 world series victory away from all those other teams

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

davecrazy posted:

The loving Phillies won? We really are in the worst timeline.

nah this is good op

go phillies

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

bees x1000 posted:

if the Astros lose then 'can't win without the cans' is going to ramp up to 11 again and I am already tired of it

it's good actually

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

quite enjoyable watching the astros melt down like this

if the monkeys paw for cheating in 2017 and never being punished is "make it to the world series ever year but never win again", that's kinda awesome of the universe to do

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

LongTimeFirstTime posted:

Sure.

Serious question: Once the final 3 batters (and the final 2 pitchers if you feel they're tainted as well) are no longer on the team, and if necessary once the owner has sold the team to another owner and every assistant coach and executive and scout is gone...

Will it be okay then for the Astros to win a WS?

no

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I will add that part of my hatred of the Astros is that the Red Sox have always been my family's AL team, and Alex Cora being the manager means I can't support them. Dude should be banned from the sport.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

illcendiary posted:

Yeah it’s something I’ve learned about myself in the last decade-plus of being a sports fan. It’s rare that I genuinely dislike a player on a team, a fanbase, etc. I dislike teams that win because they necessarily beat my team. It’s why I’ve rooted against the Packers, Dodgers, Braves, Nationals, soon-to-be Phillies, Yankees, etc.

The only exceptions player-wise that I can specifically remember are Drew Brees and Derek Fisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

illcendiary posted:

Maybe you misunderstood my post, but I meant I specifically rooted against Drew Brees in basically every scenario and celebrated when he retired

ah ok yes this is the correct thing to do, my bad