Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Anyone here drawing avatars for the Astros fans like in 2017??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

We're heading back to Houston next week. Need to find a new t-shirt, wonder if there will be any good ones for sale.

You can probably get a "Houston Astros: AL Champions 2022" shirt for cheap.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MrMidnight posted:

I will absolutely rock a Pena one

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MrMidnight posted:

Does Chir still post here? I just changed mine but I'd love a Bregman.

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

MrMidnight posted:

CONGRATS TO ALL MY FELLOW ASTROS POSTERS!

Thanks! It's been a pleasure posting with y'all this time around (versus lurking back in 2017 and reading you guys all reacting). WOO!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

I will absolutely rock a Pena one

I had a Lance one. I'll take Framber. Gotta hope whoever did them (I forgot) is still around!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Kirios posted:

Oh my God.

Oh my loving God...

They....they did it. A non cheating World Series.

I'm. I'm...

I'm even more happy than I was in 2017. This is a tremendously relief and a tremendously amount of joy.

I'm going to get shitfaced drunk tonight and enjoy this tremendously. I know how fleeting this is now and god dammit I'm not going to miss it.

but...

BUT.

I have to give love to the Phillies fans here. You guys were great the entire series, it never got personal. I love all of you and wish nothing but the best for all of you.

GO THE MOTHERFUCKING HOUSTON ASTROS, I WILL NOW DRINK ALL THE REVEREND NAT CIDER I WANT AND GET SHITFACED.
asdjklfasdklfjasdklfjklasfj

asdfklasdjfklasdjfklasdjklfjklasd
asdf
jfkasdljfklasdjfkasd
Fasdjk
fjasdkfjkasd
jkfasdjkfkj

LETS loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:emptyquote:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Thank you to all for an enjoyable ride and thread.

Given the Phils' usual World Series timetable, see you all again around 2036!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

fast cars loose anus posted:

yeah but my counterargument would be Cole not coming in in 2019, or that one time Pedro got hung out to dry

it can go both ways easily

Seriously if he had faced Alvarez and he had done *anything* the narrative would have been UGH LATE HOOK AGAIN

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Hi hello would you like to talk about game 6 of the 2020 World Series

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

gently caress I should have gone to the game tonight but those tickets so god drat expensive. My dad telling me he got tickets in ‘19 for a couple hundred bux.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MBarkannNBCS/status/1589104151115759619?t=B4h3iqLeWg9XLwnoUsMXLQ&s=19

loving yikes

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The trophy is half the size of Jose Altuve

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

ok well that's just manager brain, yeah

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Playoffs are too important to be left to the managers

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I cried when they showed the players mobbing Dusty and then I called my family and cried some more :shobon:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
LETS GO STROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Sab0921 posted:

:hmmyes:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Sab0921 posted:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

more falafel please posted:

The trophy is half the size of Jose Altuve

Altuve could fit it under his jersey

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Hey y'all remember when t he Astros swept the Mariners and Yankees - that was dope - especially the Yankees part.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Altuve could fit it under his jersey

Sorry about the anger in your heart.

Jose forgives you, you can be all things through Jose if you just embrace him.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Sab0921 posted:

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

MrMidnight posted:

Brad Peacock lives forever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I have zero doubt that Jeremy Pena's career will never come close to Correa's. But for him to win, his rookie year, ALCS and WS MVP is so cool. He was given an impossible task, trying to replace maybe the best shortstop in baseball, and he delivered

This is nothing against Correa. I wish he were still an Astro. But what a way to start your major league career

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lmao that the Astros barely used Pressly who gave up 7 runs all year

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

lmao that the Astros barely used Pressly who gave up 7 runs all year

They used Pressly a lot - he pitched in 5/6 games and got 3 saves!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's barely using Stanek that is way more head scratching

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Hey y'all remember when t he Astros swept the Mariners and Yankees - that was dope - especially the Yankees part.

Every time the Yankees lose, an angle gets their wings.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Sab0921 posted:

can't say i do

who the gently caress are the astros? oh the team that cheats? the cheater team full of cheats who cheat when they play the game of baseball? that team?

never heard of em

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Congratulations to Trey Mancini and no one else and absolutely no one else.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grem posted:

Congratulations to Trey Mancini and no one else and absolutely no one else.

Not even the rookie Peña? Come on.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

can't say i do

who the gently caress are the astros? oh the team that cheats? the cheater team full of cheats who cheat when they play the game of baseball? that team?

never heard of em

Keep going I'm almost there

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
At least some of are heroes don't disappoint:
https://twitter.com/dascondor1/status/1589329367746117632?s=46&t=j_DC_WDKZisddbfBcVeTqA

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
got myself one of these, aw yeah

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

fast cars loose anus posted:

got myself one of these, aw yeah

I only grabbed an orange cap - I really wanted an orange jersey with the WS champion patch, but it looks like they're only selling white ones right now. Might have to ask my brother to get one from the team store

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

curried lamb of God posted:

I only grabbed an orange cap - I really wanted an orange jersey with the WS champion patch, but it looks like they're only selling white ones right now. Might have to ask my brother to get one from the team store

Does the team store stay open in the offseason? I know there will be a ton of merchandise other places if not.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/1589137303704072192?s=20&t=5-smkFwDScK6f8N6MMRNOQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Grabbed a couple of shirts, hat and a hoodie. Long as gently caress lines...worse than 2017 but man it was fun just talking with everyone else. Parade tomorrow!!!