Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

There's already an Elon Thread covering the real-time collapse of Twitter (starting around page 200), but I wanted to carve out a little space to archive and LOL at all the great work being done this week to poison the well for brand advertisers and public figures, $8 at a time. Please post screenshots here of your favorites. Don't link the tweets because they'll get deleted. For example:

Also please try to keep this focused on archiving funny tweets instead of getting too heavy into discussion. Take that to the Elon thread, the Trump thread, or wherever else these things are also being posted. I'm not gonna be a cop about it but I'd prefer for this thread to be a concentrated area for screenshots and LOLs.

To get the ball rolling, here are a bunch I've saved over the past day or two:

This @TeslaReal account fired off a spree of pretty great posts. Here are some highlights, and feel free to post more:

Finally, I also want to archive this real Elon tweet that will haunt me for the rest of my life:

Feel free to post deranged Elon tweets here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Turns out comedy really is back on Twitter.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bad Purchase posted:

Also please try to keep this focused on archiving funny tweets instead of getting too heavy into discussion. Take that to the Elon thread, the Trump thread, or wherever else these things are also being posted. I'm not gonna be a cop about it but I'd prefer for this thread to be a concentrated area for screenshots and LOLs.

Gonna echo this - it's not a general discussion thread; we have a thread about that

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

some good ones in there, especially this:

here's a screenshot i found with the verified sticker in there instead of the embedded discord format

:lol:

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ah yes, show me your comedy license, that's what i call free speech! also:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

This is the revolutionary war era American Girl. I'd actually check if I still had the books.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

:lmao:

I thought Elon was just going to ruin twitter, but god drat he actually made it interesting for a change and not a cesspool of mental illness.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1591235348797231104?t=x32jMxfd2vbOnRHP5N0AZA&s=19

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://twitter.com/exclamate_/status/1589426189579747328
(thread)

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
a 4th or 5th elon thread since twitter take over isn't cope at all

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
I bet all those alt right assholes are going to be sad now that Elon himself has decreed that any parody or satire has to be clearly marked as such from the beginning. That destroys like half of their playbook right there if they can't retroactively claim that any offensive statement was "just a joke" or "satire".

Edit - wrong thread.

Offler fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 12, 2022

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The initial middle finger Mario has a good response

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

naem
May 29, 2011

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Mnoba posted:

Astonished you had a chance to type this between tweeting and drinking your own piss

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
https://twitter.com/beijingpalmer/status/1591165104430927872

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Guys, I think he's going to keep coming back here until someone takes him up on his offer..
:stonk:

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mnoba posted:

Lmfao

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Mnoba posted:

Yes, it’s very hard to cope with how great twitter is doing and what a brain genius elon is. Turns out we were the corncobs all along. Dumbass.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ignore the troll, this thread isn't for talking about elon, but it's ok to point and laugh at him as long as you've got a screenshot to go with it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's getting harder to do these now with twitter blue signups and name changes disabled. the bonanza of funny verified tweets may be over, but whatever comes next is sure to be equally dumb and hilarious.

anyway, a couple more:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

LOL

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Chuck Tingle works fast.
:magical:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

Chuck Tingle works fast.
:magical:

Word on the streets in the sheets is that he has a bunch of book templates already written out in such a way he can do a find/replace and make them about whatever current event is going on.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Madlibs, erotica style. I can see that working well actually.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Im loving dying at this one.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

loving Moron posted:

Im loving dying at this one.

Lmao

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Takes No Damage posted:

Word on the streets in the sheets is that he has a bunch of book templates already written out in such a way he can do a find/replace and make them about whatever current event is going on.

What a buckaroo!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That's good hustle

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

This one probably made Gamefreak gain more value than Lockheed martin and Lily lost combined.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
What if you make a parody account but just say nice, supportive things? I ask because I think Kanye is one of those people who is the nicest person in the world as long as he's on his God damned medicine. So like @medicatedKanye.

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Bluemillion posted:

This one probably made Gamefreak gain more value than Lockheed martin and Lily lost combined.

So Gamefreak itself isn’t publicly traded but I just checked and Nintendo stock went up by 5% that day

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Jothan posted:

So Gamefreak itself isn’t publicly traded but I just checked and Nintendo stock went up by 5% that day

hell yeah im gonna finally gently caress me a blastoise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022