Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
In this thread I will attempt to rank into a tier list every gaming related Smiley on Something Awful

:chaostrump: - One of the million trump related smiley's and we can only hope the money some goon paid for trump using the sonic chaos emeralds helped Lowtax pay for a portion of of the last 90 dollar apple pies he ordered from Goldbelly before blowing his brains all over the living room wall - F Tier

:coolslime: - One of the best smilies I've ever loving seen. Slime just chilling, no worries. S Tier

:dukedoge: - DukeDOge, the ability to turn any smiley into the Duke. Axe Maniac drew pictures of himself turning women into toilets he could piss in and would later go on to create some of the most epic content the web has ever seen. A Tier

:moonrio: - Mario is absolutely too tall here and its discomforting to look at. Although we here in the Imp Zone know and believe that Michael was innocent of all crimes, this smiley disrespects both icons. D Tier

:melter: - I think this is a dragon quest slime, and like all things dragon quest that means its good, however I'm confused by it, so its not an S tier. A Tier

:ocelot: - MGS3 is one of the greatest games of all time, and Ocelot is an incredible character. This smiley is good, but really only truly shines as a combination with other smilies, so it truly cannot be S tier because of that. A Tier

:pressf: - F tier

:question: - an underrated smiley to be sure, you don't see it used often however it is pretty nice. B tier

:slime: Iconic - S Tier

:sss: This might be the best smiley on the entire site, but I'm only part way in. The smile at the end is a nice touch. S Tier

:stadia: while this is called Stadia, it really doesn't have much to do about gaming now does it. Google is an incredible service and company that helped transform not just the web, but the world. just look at a list of commitmets Google has made since 2004:

code:
 Committed to significantly improving the lives of as many people as possible.
2004 Founders’ IPO Letter
Building belonging
Working to expand what’s possible for everyone by building belonging in our workplace, products, and society.
Helping every Googler feel seen, connected, supported, and empowered to participate fully.
Learn about how we're building a more inclusive workplace
Working with and for communities to build technology that helps everyone reach their goals.
Learn more about co-creation in our products
Addressing barriers in society by focusing on education, economic opportunity, and media representation.
Learn more about how we're unlocking opportunity in society
2022 DIVERSITY ANNUAL REPORT
Last year was our best yet for hiring and retaining people from underrepresented communities. Read about the five key actions we took and what lies ahead in our journey forward.
View the report
Expanding opportunity
$2 billion in cash. 1.4 million volunteer hours. $7 billion in ad grants. Providing people with information, tools and services to help them build knowledge, fuel curiosity, and unlock opportunity.
Powering education through technology, tools and training.
Discover more about learning for school
Nurturing lifelong curiosity, from the epic quests to the everyday asks.
Discover more about learning for life
Helping people grow their skills, careers, and businesses.
Discover more about learning for work
U.S. ECONOMIC IMPACT REPORT
Last year, Google Search, Google Play, Google Cloud, YouTube, and Google advertising tools helped provide $617 billion of economic activity for millions of American businesses, nonprofits, publishers, creators, and developers.
Learn more
Contributing time, money, and volunteer hours to create a world that works for everyone.
Learn more about Google.org
Helping organizations publicize their mission, engage supporters, and fundraise online.
Learn more about Google for Nonprofits
Protecting users
Every day Google keeps billions of people safer online. We protect our users with industry-leading security, responsible data practices, and easy-to-use privacy controls.
Learn about all the ways that Google keeps your personal information private, safe, and secure.
Go to Safety Center
Easy-to-use privacy and security settings, all in one place—your Google Account.
Go to your account
Understand your tech usage, disconnect when needed, and create healthy habits.
Learn more about Digital Wellbeing
Developing AI practices that are responsible and sharing knowledge, research, and other resources with the world.
Learn more about Responsible AI
TRANSPARENCY REPORT
Sharing data that sheds light on how the policies and actions of governments and corporations affect privacy, security, and access to information.
Learn more
Responding to crises
Helping those affected by crises through our products, our people, and our partners.
We partner with first responders on the front lines of global crises by providing grants, resources, and volunteers.
Learn more about Google.org Crisis Response
We provide critical information to users in moments of crisis through our products and technology.
Learn more about Crisis Response products
Advancing sustainability
We unify our practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale. By organizing information about our planet, and making it actionable through technology, we help people make more positive impact together.
We build technology that helps people do more for the planet.
Learn more about Sustainability
Google's third decade of climate action — our most ambitious yet.
Learn about how we intend to operate carbon-free by 2030
2021 ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT
We’re reducing the environmental impact of our operations and working to empower people everywhere to live more sustainably.
Learn more
2022 SUPPLIER RESPONSIBILITY REPORT
We work with more than 500 suppliers worldwide to ensure ethical and fair treatment for workers, safe and healthy workplaces, and a smaller environmental footprint.
Learn more
gently caress whoever bought this smiley. F Tier

:xbone: - F Tier

:bisonyes: - I know its street fighter, but its the stupid rear end cartoon or whatever. C tier

:edi: - the computer that Seth Green fucks in the rear end in mass effect, but in smiley form! D Tier

:darksouls: - I hate this becaiuse whatever is going on on the left looks like a duck to my weathered eyes, but I love the words... C tier

:dice: - Oh look, its the company name DICE, creator of the Battlefield series, but the name is falling apart. Here is some news shithead, Battlefield was pretty much only good for about 2 years in the early 2000s, so that company has been poo poo for a very long time. Congrats on spending 30 dollars to let everyone know what we already knew for 20 years now. Jackass. D Tier

:hirez: someone was upset with Hi-Rez studios that they weren't making enough content or something? absolutely awful. F Tier

:mordin: - Christ, another Mass Effect smiley. gently caress you. D Tier

:objection: - Very good. Lots of things happening and I pay attention to it. Good use of color and pheonix wright ftw. A Tier

:sicknasty: absolutely hate all the mass effect smilies. That game had 1.5 good games and absolutely sucked rear end in most regards. Literally over 500 dollars on mass effect smileys when all is said and done I imagine. D Tier

:soe: Sony Online Entertainment blinking out of existence. Guess what whoever bought this smiley? They made Everquest, one of the absolute best games ever made. What have you done in your absolutely pathetic existence? That's right, you bought this worthless piece of poo poo. gently caress you. F tier

:zerg: it is interesting that the race in starcraft that made putrid disgusting dens and slowly overtook the planet, ya know what.. no, I 've changed. I'm better. I'm not going to say these kinds of things anymore and that is called maturity where I can be married happily and pay my bills and not have to do this anymore. A Tier

:dukedog: uh what the poo poo? It's Duke dog again but different.... and under the "Witty" tab of smilies. B Tier

:siren: Intermission Rant :siren:

Have you noticed imp zone really doesn't make a lot of smilies? Why do you think that is? I know we have a lot of things and in jokes that could be ... but smilies never really took off here. Maybe we are better off for it? I know I'm not spending money to the bitcoin billionaire who runs this site and literally blocks forums from my view lol.

/rant over

:axe: - The legend himself. The grandfather of the Obese Brotherhood and one of the best posters to ever live. S Tier

:bioware: just some skulls and the name BioWare. Very boring. D Tier

:bloodborne: - maybe because I run on an 8K monitor but this looks like a clown popping in to say Blood Borne (2 words??) and I honest to god HATE this style of smiley. D Tier

:bubblewoop: Absolute Banger. Genius. S Tier

:csgo: - 24/.7 DE Dust Fake Smoke, Decoy Smoke out and learning EXACTLY when to use fake vs real smoke is absolutely crucial to even enjoying this game for one second. The loot box poo poo is retarded. D Tier

:doclouis: - we don't respect racism or racists in IZ and the renamed version of this smiley was desperately needed so thank you mods. Punch out FTMFW as well. A Tier

:dota101: - DOTA... yall know the history of me and DOTA so lets not even go there and yes I will be giving this an S tier. S Tier

:fut: shadow the hedhehod giving the finger and smiling. I dunno its alright. B tier

:gaben: The lord and savior of PC gaming and hero of every gamer. S Tier

:gogtears: - honest to god I never bought a game of GOG and never will. C Tier [/b[

:golgo: - Very good although the Golgo Games aren't good so its a toss up. B Tier

:ironicat: - Peggle Kicks loving rear end, don't know why this is "ironicat" though. He isn't a very good hero in peggle also, I like the magic hat guy. A Tier

:kratos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhwdoyp4Ov4
F Tier [/b]

:legion: loving over it, gently caress you, if you are the same guy who bought all tehse double gently caress you. F tier

:liara: gently caress you F Tier

:mario: - There he is. Wonderful. Thank you for NOT being mass effect Mario. S Tier

:megaman: - Megaman spinning as he is known to do. Its good, but it isn't great. B Tier

:notch: - Notch made Minecraft, one of the best and most popular games of all times. However...

Case Closed. F Tier

it won't let me post any more smilies in this first post, so uh no one post in this thread until I finish part 2... shortly. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
gently caress it also didn't include :notch: Well here it is. Part 2 coming shortly.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I made the dukedoge smiley many ages ago.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

imp zone doesn't have smileys because we all spend all of our money on more games to play, like any true gamer does. Mods should throw us a bone and give us a few free smileys in return for the profound value we give the forums.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

awaiting the tiermaker, OP

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I think you missed :pcgaming:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

any smileys that don't look good in dark mode should be knocked down a tier imo

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
:pcgaming1: - We DON'T condone piracy in the IZ. F Tier

:pcgaming: IDGI F Tier

:psydwarf: - This says its dwarft fortress related but honestly I put the psyduck "meme" into the shitter along with the CURES meme to be honest, its overdone but it gets a pass for being DF. C Tier

:qfg: - He's dancing! He's Dancing! The original claptrap some would say. A Tier

:punto: this looks like its from a video game I think, if it isn't then it's an F Tier. But baseball games are cool. B Tier

:qirex: I'm not sure why its named after Qirex but its pokemon and honestly feeling pretty good about pokemon after Arecus. B Tier

:retrogames: - this is called RetroGames because buying old games costs a lot of money. I have a tip for you though to afford old games. Scam the government using the Welfare system like I did for 2 years and live in a hovel but buy every game with welfare that you want. Greatest two years of my life.

:riot: League of Legends [/b] F Tier [/b]

:sg: Shy Guys FTW A Tier

:shepface: think this is another mass effect named one... maybe? either way gently caress it. F Tier

:shopkeeper: I hated this loving prick. F Tier

:signings: I dunno, I forgot like 90% of the psyduck smilies so eh, just gonna do this one and give it a bad tier. D Tier

:steam: - honestly... what more do you neeD? [/b] S Tier [/b]

:tali: JESUS loving CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F TIER

:thurman: - Tecmo Super Bowl. Wish they would bring that back lol. A Tier

:torgue: is this from borderlands? I honestly don't know but maybe? F Tier

:turianass: oh wonderful, goons want to gently caress aliens in a video game and paid 30 dollars to let us know about it lol. F Tier

:ubisoft: Ubisoft killing a happy cloud. I don't get it, but its here forever. Thanks. D Tier

:valvebeta: I don't get it either. D Tier

:wcc: love this loving cube. A Tier

:xcom: Gah. The style of smilie I hate. Ugly as sin. Don't know who that guy is. D Tier

:yoshi: - ;ppl ay jpw sjoyyu yjos ;ppls. and no I'm not fixing that because I didn't realize how long this would take to do all this. F Tier

:zaeed: F Tier

:abrathink: really hard to understand what is going on here at first which is a bad sign. C Tier

:bananacoin: absolutely beatiful smiley, and whoever did this we know how much you care about the king of swing. A Tier

:blizz: someone made :dice: but with blizzard and guess what? look at how loving lovely this is. its all loving blurry. They made WarCraft andf StarCraft and WOW for christs sake show some loving respect. gently caress you. F Tier

:bungie: dude I don't even know. some effort PLEASE F Tier

:comfyzelda: this is called comfy selda, shes sleeping. dunno how useful this is but its fine. B tier [/b[

:comfysamus: high, very high odds if you ever used this... welll.... lol F Tier

:cursed: dark souls or whatever but looks like poo poo. D Tier

:destiny: Pretty funny. I laughed. Thank you. A Tier

:dogcited: Undertale . F Tier

:dva: I know theres some OW boys in the IZ so I'm gonna be nice here. B tier

:frogleave: frog from crhono trigger saying Leave. Aight? [b] C tier

guess this has to go to part 3.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frogout was appropriated by based Yospos computer professionals before their computers became so filled with semen that they stopped being able to post fast enough to flame the cringe codebase script kiddies and thus it is gladly forgotten.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like :tem:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
I'll be monitoring this thread in anticipation for part 2.

e: Oh poo poo, looks like he just posted it. I'll be right back.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

I'll be monitoring this thread in anticipation for part 2.

e: Oh poo poo, looks like he just posted it. I'll be right back.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

gently caress it also didn't include :notch: Well here it is. Part 2 coming shortly.

you can put the smilies in img tags to add more than the post allows op

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
Why the gently caress wouldn't :abrathink: and :yoshi: be higher? You some kind of retard? Other than that-I'm in full agreeance, nice list thus far.

----------------

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

:gamefreak:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
me thinkery the lady doth protest too mucheth..Yothi? Yesss mathter Muahaha. The sojourn for puthy is Long but rewarding. Let us march on to the cooch!

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

insane anime posted:

Why the gently caress wouldn't :abrathink: and :yoshi: be higher? You some kind of retard? Other than that-I'm in full agreeance, nice list thus far.

yoshi looks awful, poorly made overall. and the other one looks sort of confusing at first trying to figure out what it is doing.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

:bananacoin: :bananacoin: :bananacoin:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

yoshi looks awful, poorly made overall. and the other one looks sort of confusing at first trying to figure out what it is doing.

the abra is thinking

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:confused:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the other one looks sort of confusing at first trying to figure out what it is doing.

it is an Abra and it is thinking, as described when you hover over it with your mouse. yet another content creator chasing after a trend w/o knowing anything about it...

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
:fourballs: IYKYK S Tier

:getgud: gently caress it, I'll speak my mind. Hollow Knight isn't a good game (the undertale of metroidvanias) and this smiley is both in the style I hate, and looks like poo poo. gently caress you. F Tier

:gengar:

F Tier

:gitgudhorn: this exists twice. gently caress you. F Tier

:gitgud: F Tier

:iidx: a banger. Thank you whoever made this. you should DM me, lets be friends . S Tier

:iit: hate the memeyness of this... but hell, it's alright. B Tier

:jollywell: another duplicate, but I'm calming down from all the mass effect poo poo. A Tier

:jpmf: don't think whats her name from animal crossing would say this. D Tier

:justass: the games forum is filled with Pedophiles F Tier

:kazooieass: yall thought I was kidding? it's two versions baby! F tier

:justtrans: Aight, Zelda/Shiek ftw and I I'm gonna be supporitive, you can have this one. B Tier

:landy: really awful sakura but I like sakura so whatever... god I hope this is over soon B Tier

:lea: I never played this game. D Tier

:letsplay: dude loving named SLow Beef lmfao. Hey man, good for you. Make that money. lol. D Tier

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
:abrathink: gee yoshi, what are we gonna do tonight
:yoshi: the same thing we do every night, abra..flame the gently caress out of these weak rear end smiley lists

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

symbolic posted:

it is an Abra and it is thinking, as described when you hover over it with your mouse. yet another content creator chasing after a trend w/o knowing anything about it...

trying to jack off posted:

the abra is thinking

just how it first appears you can't be sure what you are looking at on my end. take it up with the ratings sytem if you have aproblem

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Shopkeeper is good. Maybe you shouldn't be a thief??

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

just how it first appears you can't be sure what you are looking at on my end. take it up with the ratings sytem if you have aproblem

i would never, as the Americans with Disabilities Act prevents discriminating against the blind

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

Shopkeeper is good. Maybe you shouldn't be a thief??

gotta do it to 100% the gbc photos

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

;ppl ay jpw sjoyyu yjos ;ppls.

----------------

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:gas: - some yospos poo poo idk but it's colored like an old PC game. S tier

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

insane anime posted:

Why....Why do you always get in my way?

Make it sing.

----------------

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Awaiting the next part with baiting breath. Excellent series OP

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
:majorminor: hate the format, love the poke. A Tier

:meowth: lol. OKay. A Tier

:nah: F Tier [/b[ DeltaRune spells undertale backwards!

:potg: god this is worn out. whatever. D Tier

:protogas: if you knew what this was without the alt text... lol F Tier

:pubstove: this is apparently a payday 2 reference. For whatever reason. F Tier

:shittydog: awful. F tier

:shittypop: gently caress you F tier

:shitman: I like it. I would never use it, but I like it B Tier

:stroop: can never look at gengar the same way. F Tier

:squawk: this is from Mech Warrior or something? it sucks. D Tier

:tem: its undertale, you know what that means F Tier

:vrfrog: VR Frog. I tried VR, its okay, but honestly, its a fad. C Tier

:widowsnypa: enough... D Tier

:woomy: I never played Splatoon. I heard its fun. not going to poo poo on it. but I also think this is an ugly smiley. D Tier

:yeah: now THIS is a smiley. Thank you! S Tier

:yokotaro: the stunning lack of originality and creativity of the gaming related smileys is really sad to see, this being a perfect example. D Tier

:zenpop: starting to get Mass Effect feelings for this poo poo. gently caress you. F Tier

:zybourne: some classic YCS poo poo to end it all off. Thank you. [b] B Tier

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
and that concludes it. now if a lurker wants to get in my good graces please sort the tier list and make a picture for it and I will take you under my wings. Thank you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What did ruffini ever do to you

----------------

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

OP is ranking the smilies based on his opinion of the game and not the overall quality and style of the smilie. I'm over this loving scrub fest. Peace.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

:yokotaro: the stunning lack of originality and creativity of the gaming related smileys is really sad to see, this being a perfect example. D Tier

yolo taro. lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

OP is ranking the smilies based on his opinion of the game and not the overall quality and style of the smilie. I'm over this loving scrub fest. Peace.

the quality of teh smiley has everything to do with the quality of the game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Plebian Parasite posted:

Would you use a smiley from a bad game? I wouldn't.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
:pram:                          :gengar: gently caress you pussy you wont do poo poo

:blastu:                           :stroop: OH

:stroop: poo poo

:stroop: im

:stroop: dying..

----------------