Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Safeway chicken tenders are good. I usually go with the paninis because they have a really good chipotle sauce but the tenders are another great choice.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The Safeway sandwiches were a reliable option but it’s been years since I’ve had one. This thread is making me want to try one again

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

drat I miss HEB

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i haven't been but the bbq places they're sticking into new HEBs are getting pretty universal praise

----------------

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

halokiller posted:

drat I miss HEB

I know it’s Texas and all but catfish and tilapia?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Insanely cheap and freeze really well, win win in the restaurant game.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
What I wouldn't give to live within safe eating distance of fresh seafood.

----------------

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
living in new england has spoiled me rotten on the fresh seafood

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

EEKA GEEK posted:

The Safeway sandwiches were a reliable option but it’s been years since I’ve had one. This thread is making me want to try one again

if you do it you have to report back. it's the law

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Wendigee posted:

lol drama in the clubhouse

you'll have to forgive my violent flashback to all these names I haven't seen signs for in decades. only true townies will understand

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

EEKA GEEK posted:

What I wouldn't give to live within safe eating distance of fresh seafood.

Safe? Pffffff. I have been playing Grocer Sushi Roulette for almost two years now, I pick up a pack whenever I'm at a Festival or Metro Market. I'm over a thousand miles from the nearest ocean and I dare poseidon to smite me. If he doesn't, it's delicious, if he does, I don't have to go into work tomorrow.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

i think most fish used for sushi no matter where you are has been frozen. p. much all seafood you buy at a grocery store chain even if it is 'fresh' is thawed from frozen.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if you don't freeze your sushi you are going to get filled up with worms.

----------------

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

salut to deli seafood salad and ritz crackers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
When I was a kid we would go to Japanese restaurants all the time what with my stepdad being Japanese and he always was like, "Sushi? You won't like it. Acquired taste." I believed that poo poo for years, thank god for a whim and cheap grocery store sushi letting me know that he was loving with me.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Rick posted:

"Sushi? You won't like it. Acquired taste."

That's a fuckin' weird flex.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoy sushi as an adult but I don't think I would have liked it as a young child. Fish specifically was something I didn't embrace until I was older :rowdytrout:

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EEKA GEEK posted:

I enjoy sushi as an adult but I don't think I would have liked it as a young child. Fish specifically was something I didn't embrace until I was older :rowdytrout:

I am an incredibly picky eater and was 1000% times worse as a child so he may have been assessing things on that scale. But I always even as a kid would eat anything scooped out of the ocean.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

im grateful to have grown up in an area where oysters and littlenecks on the half shell was a common summer treat. glad i overcame the fear of food texture before i got old enough to know/care about it because it has allowed me to eat some very tasty dishes as a fully grown adult

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Oysters Rockefeller :yum:

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

gimme those clams wit the BELLIES

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Ate an entire half a chicken worth of Publix fried chicken. It was good, I feel fat, a+

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Grocery store fried chicken/tendies own. Especially of you stalk the deli counter and wait for the fresh ones

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Grocery store fried chicken/tendies own. Especially of you stalk the deli counter and wait for the fresh ones

got me some Brookshires ones today. dinner time approaches.

----------------

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ill eat the entire container of macaroni salad from the deli. dont matter how big. ill eat the whole thing 1 sitting. easy. LOVe that poo poo

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

thats right

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

grocery store deli tendies have this breading that's both soft and hard at the same time, i hate it

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
air fry that poo poo. total refresh.

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I eat them in the car while driving to the grocery store the next town over because I'm too embarrassed to order as many as I need at one of place

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Smythe posted:

ill eat the entire container of macaroni salad from the deli. dont matter how big. ill eat the whole thing 1 sitting. easy. LOVe that poo poo

Krab salad, or whatever they call their imitation crab stuff. I can eat multiple containers of it. Make sandwiches, or eat it on crackers, or giant spoonfuls of it straight in my maw, idk it's loving good.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yah, that artificial krab flavor is a whole weird thing that appeals to me. i love getting the pocket pitas and stuffing those fuckers so full they almost burst with it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I've seen krab salad and have never once had the urge to try it, but I like every other mayo salad I've tried so :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5QRedcFBc0

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I love crab but that's not why I like Imitation Crab. They're not the same, it's like comparing cheese to nacho cheese sauce. The appeal is entirely separate, but still there.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

rndmnmbr posted:

Krab salad, or whatever they call their imitation crab stuff. I can eat multiple containers of it. Make sandwiches, or eat it on crackers, or giant spoonfuls of it straight in my maw, idk it's loving good.

never gone in on this but might try it now. thnx!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A newcomer to Alaskan pollock aka imitation crabmeat might enjoy a pita wrap with the stuff, along with lettuce and a mayo based dressing. It’s crunchy, relatively light while still having some richness to it

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

EEKA GEEK posted:

A newcomer to Alaskan pollock aka imitation crabmeat might enjoy a pita wrap with the stuff, along with lettuce and a mayo based dressing. It’s crunchy, relatively light while still having some richness to it

Yeah this is a solid suggestion. I usually do bread instead of a pita, but much of a muchness. Adding a little black pepper if you are feeling fancy is nice; doesn't really need salt though.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I wonder I'd you could make quick sushi at home with that stuff, avocado, celery, carrot etc. never felt like I could get the rice correct, but maybe worth a shot

----------------

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Inland, most California rolls seem to be made with the imitation stuff unless expressly stated otherwise

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

rndmnmbr posted:

Bought a thing of this today! One of the true deli counter kings