Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Friends and neighbors, it gives me great pleasure to announce the arrival of the weekend for those of us, myself included, who live in the US and therefore probably have thursday & friday off

well yeah so obviously this has been a really short workweek which is exactly how i like it.

This week ms. rotor is out of town so its just me & the kids. Gonna try to finish up the woodstove and this barn door. IT projects include getting this fuckin drone up in the air and figuring out fusion360, which I'm very bad at. Probably gonna finish up New Vegas as well.

What y'all gettin up to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

gently caress man i gotta go grocery shopping

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

my kid turns 10 on Friday so we're having a birthday party. it will be Minecraft themed as she is really into that right now.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yep

i actually do have tomorrow off

i went to the grocery store but you know what i just wasnt feeling a turkey. so i got a big fuckin' ham and a new york strip and two pounds of shrimp.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tomorrow is black friday and I extremely resent the american cultural imperialism which is why we “celebrate” black friday here at all, so tomorrow at work is going to be a OTT IMO

to celebrate I might eat takeaways

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend!

not much happening as we don't traditionally celebrate it, but i'll take the extra long weekend and be happy for those who do

i feel well enough to resume my morning jogs, temperature willing and since i do have time off, i should be able to push them to the afternoon if it is too cold out. not much going on technologywise aside from me playing around with the qr lib to do silly things and maybe updating an old laptop

echi, just thinks of it as all blacks friday and you'll be fine!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
happy weekend. I have to buy yams.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
hell yes weekend wednesday. kicked it off with an ultranap

eggy wiggled out of his little pineapple suit and now its stuck around his back lol. hes not letting anyone help him either, probably gonna have to shame-cone the little guy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor posted:

gently caress man i gotta go grocery shopping

jaysus did i ever pick the wrong day to do this, gently caress

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

got some burgers for lunch and watched the Andor finale.

maybe it's now time for some gunplas???

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dioxazine posted:

echi, just thinks of it as all blacks friday and you'll be fine!

tbh while I abhor the consumerism, being so busy does make for kind of a fast and almost fun day

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
shame coned the boy and had to cut him out of the pineapple suit :smith:

rip pineapple suit, november 22-november 23, 2022.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mrs refuses to throw out the scraps of course. lmao

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Beeftweeter posted:

rip

it was too good for this world

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I was going to make a nice proper thanksgiving-for-one meal tomorrow but I got so backed up with the end of the semester that I'm just going to make kare raisu and bake a loaf of bread and consider the thanks given

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

airport shuttle picking me up around 6am tomorrow, flying back to (eugh) Las Vegas to see the family, coming back Friday afternoon

hoping like hell that the Pinball Hall of Fame will be open Friday, I really want to see the place before i come home

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

no poo poo. I worked cashier at a grocery store for a couple of years in high school, and it amazed me how many Americans just fuckin go shopping the day before thanksgiving and July 3rd. and then get pissy about how busy the store was lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

no poo poo. I worked cashier at a grocery store for a couple of years in high school, and it amazed me how many Americans just fuckin go shopping the day before thanksgiving and July 3rd. and then get pissy about how busy the store was lol

lol same, literally the only time i came home smelling like a roll of nickels

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

i'm sorry rotor. that must have been horrifying

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Mrs. Nasty replaced a faulty pipe under the bathroom sink and we got to watch the new Wednesday Addams series. So far it’s great.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh the trailer looked good, hell yeah

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a charlie brown thanksgiving is free on apple tv until the 27th: https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/a-charlie-brown-thanksgiving/umc.cmc.7grdgbjdq3tiy37f4dc3yeyms

idk if it works without an apple account but you don't need an apple device at least

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

who the hell doesnt have at least an apple device

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

who the hell doesnt have at least an apple device

about 60% of internet users, op

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I was going to go grocery shopping on a whim (I technically don't need to do anything but I want to see if my oven can handle a turkey) and, at the last minute, decided to just work late and go home and eat leftovers instead of talk to literally anybody today.

Oh wait, someone in my family called me earlier to see if I wanted to go swimming but I said that I had to go into the office.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Anyways, I plan on bringing a pie to dinner tomorrow today, seeing buddies from out of town on Friday and maybe finally learning Javascript and React over the weekend.

Besides any requisite grocery shopping (which may be unnecessary if I score enough leftovers), I plan to do zero in-person black friday shopping.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

woke up early. getting ready to go back to sleep

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I bought yams. also installed a new ssd. feels fresh.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

watching futbol making while prepping mac and cheese. have to work tomorrow because dumb e-commerce job.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Beeftweeter posted:

a charlie brown thanksgiving is free on apple tv until the 27th: https://tv.apple.com/us/movie/a-charlie-brown-thanksgiving/umc.cmc.7grdgbjdq3tiy37f4dc3yeyms

idk if it works without an apple account but you don't need an apple device at least
they did the same with Its the Great Pumpkin. probably do the Christmas one too!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

they did the same with Its the Great Pumpkin. probably do the Christmas one too!

fwiw i wanted to see if, uh, you need an account. you don't

https://play-edge.itunes.apple.com/...l=en-US&aec=UHD

yeah the url says subscription but theres no drm

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

DA MENU:

- Oven-Roasted Gochujang Chicken
- Brussels Sprouts with Capers and Calabrian Chiles
- Hasselback Potato Gratin
- Sweet Potato Mini-Soufflés

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

dioxazine posted:

woke up early. getting ready to go back to sleep

I didn't wake up until 10 am, it was wonderful

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

oh my god its time for the national dog show :3:

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

Beeftweeter posted:

oh my god its time for the national dog show :3:

the highlight of thanksgiving tv imo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

hahaha john o'hurley (j. peterman from seinfeld) is doing the commentary with someone

"lots of hair products, just like you, john."

- "hey, hey now. some of my hair is real"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
retail on black friday crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

retail on black friday crew

20% extra vaccine for free in the covid boosters today?