Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Buffalo shouldn't have bothered switching locker rooms from last week.

Meanwhile the Lions' worst enemy is themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The last time the Lions won on Thanksgiving Obama was president

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lions really hosed that one up huh?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

wandler20 posted:

Lions really hosed that one up huh?

A tale as old as time

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At least the Lions were in it long enough to lose at the very end. Moral victories!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Detroit played a good game until the part where they lost. Team still has some things to learn.

I was actually pleased with how little they were penalized in this game...but those penalties were absolutely back-breaking when they happened :sad:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The Lions gave the Bills a more ferocious fight than the Packers did. I'd call that progress.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The lions are the kings of moral victories

The 72 dolphins of moral victories

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The lions are the kings of moral victories

The 72 dolphins of moral victories

According to Moral-Adjusted Wins the Lions are 11-0.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
the giants will finish the season better than many expected. still, this team needs to start getting a good success rate on acquiring defensive players in a hurry if they're going to compete in the near future. no depth on a unit that was mediocre on a good day to begin with hurt them big time today.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 25, 2022

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1595937665819385857?s=20&t=JYn1Ycg-3dW2pqHzQwW5tA

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Bills' house

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Goff hosed up and missed a wide open receiver. If he hits 4, the Lions win.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mac Jones the only turkey I saw today. Put in Zappe

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mac Jones sucks and I'm glad the Patriots whiffed on him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mac was fine tonight, what the hell are you talking about?

They have an imbecile as an OC who consistantly has had the team unprepared for proper situational football.

That, Justin Jefferson being a god and the Special Teams completely whiffing in the second half are why the Pats lost.

But hell, the offense showed life for the first time in ages, so I'll take that performance on 3 days rest.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's time to get scrappy with Zappe

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Kalli posted:

I actually have no idea I thought he played pretty well.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RGIII/status/1595999423863078912

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/lowlightheaven/status/1595996817715494913?s=20&t=_kJJSGm_cRci8SeoJJ00Mw

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

magnificent

gonna need some video evidence on this one

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

gonna need some video evidence on this one
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1595999530084106240
https://twitter.com/firstandpen/status/1596002568697565185
https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1596000062445785089

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Absolutely shameful that on the 1st Thanksgiving after Madden passes the Turkey is that dry.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
gently caress the patriots and all but "surviving the ground" on a touchdown is stupid. It crossed the plane and he had control of the ball. Annoys the poo poo out of me that a running back can just reach across the plane and drop the ball with a millimeter breaking the plane for points but a receiver needs extra poo poo.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1596015274310107137

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's funny that Kirk is enjoying the dry turkey just fine. Of course, seeing what he does to steak, it makes some sense.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

how about this: if you snatch the ball out of the air and control it, that's a catch. if you drop it after said snatching it out of the air and you're not down, it's a fumble and a live ball. if you hit the ground and it moves, it's dead because the ground can't cause a fumble.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Ches Neckbeard posted:

gently caress the patriots and all but "surviving the ground" on a touchdown is stupid. It crossed the plane and he had control of the ball. Annoys the poo poo out of me that a running back can just reach across the plane and drop the ball with a millimeter breaking the plane for points but a receiver needs extra poo poo.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1596015274310107137

A lot of people are referring to that. Many people. The finest people.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bengals

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The lions are trying hard and they will succeed with a new QB.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
couldn't be assed to watch today's games but having a nice lol now that I'm seeing the overturned Hunter Henry TD

A very ridiculous league

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
gently caress the Pats and all, and I understand the ref's statements afterwards about having to survive the ground, but that doesn't matter if his hand was under there and man it sure looked like it was. ESPN had this picture posted on an article about it also:

I see a bunch of fingies sticking out from under it, no?

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
a stat i hadn't actually realized is that kirk cousins is now 4th all time in passing yards for both the vikings AND the commanders

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

John McClane posted:

a stat i hadn't actually realized is that kirk cousins is now 4th all time in passing yards for both the vikings AND the commanders

Vikings I get, he's had some amazing receivers there, but I don't remember the Commanders being a good passing offense when he was with them

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
it's the same thing as mitchell trubisky being the 5th all time bears passing leader

offenses are just pass heavy now

John McClane fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 25, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Shinji2015 posted:

Vikings I get, he's had some amazing receivers there, but I don't remember the Commanders being a good passing offense when he was with them

It's a combo of the history of Commanders QBs not being all that amazing and the fact that modern offense rack up wild yardage totals comparatively

Here's their top 4
code:
Player				Seasons			Passing Yards  
Joe Theisman			12 (1974-1985)		25,206
Sonny Jurgenson			11 (1964-1974)		22,585
Sammy Baugh			16 (1937-1952)		21,886
Kirk Cousins			5  (2012-2017)		16,206
e: to contextualize this with regard to the Commanders' overall QB history, Theisman is 76th in all-time passing yards, just behind Houston Texans career passing leader Matt Schaub

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 25, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Vikings color rush jerseys remind me of a Mega Man special weapon skin, in a good way.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

When Kirko shows up, Vikings win.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Kalli posted:

They have an imbecile as an OC who consistantly has had the team unprepared for proper situational football.

That, Justin Jefferson being a god and the Special Teams completely whiffing in the second half are why the Pats lost.

But hell, the offense showed life for the first time in ages, so I'll take that performance on 3 days rest.

I'm not sure any feats performed against an Ed Donatell-led defense count. It's worth about as much as a well-played zero-contact practice in June.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

SirPablo posted:

When Kirko shows up, Vikings win.

That's Kirk's thing and why he's the barometer for a good qb. Better than kirk? Good. B
Worse than kirk? Bad.

Because good kirk is a top 6-10 guy. Bad kirk is bottom 24-32 level guy.

He just can't be consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Kirk Cousins is if you took Eli Manning but instead of being awesome in the playoffs and nothing else he’s awesome in low stakes 1:00pm regular season games and nothing else.