Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Toaster Beef posted:

How are so many QBs so completely dogshit at sliding, anyway? Michael Vick got professional coaching and still couldn't do it, IIRC, and while I'm now completely okay with Noted Shithead Carson Wentz charging headfirst into certain danger his inability to slide during his time as an Eagle was super frustrating to watch. I get they may have a mental block against wanting to slide in the first place, but it's not even about that, it's about just sucking rear end at dropping down feet-first.

As someone who grew up playing soccer and rugby its always seemed odd to me how awkward a lot of them look doing it. I wonder if some of it is that QBs are so wrapped in wool from college onwards they don't let them practice it a lot? It's not as if in drills and 7 on 7s and stuff they do theyd be doing it a lot, everyone just pulls up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Wonder if it’s as simplistic as if they played baseball or not—my thorough sample of mahomes and herbert checks out

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

When Sanchez was QB, Rex Ryan brought in Joe Girardi to try and teach him to slide because he kept diving headfirst and almost dying.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Pontius Pilate posted:

Wonder if it’s as simplistic as if they played baseball or not—my thorough sample of mahomes and herbert checks out

Joe played baseball into high school I think. I know he played little league.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

When Sanchez was QB, Rex Ryan brought in Joe Girardi to try and teach him to slide because he kept diving headfirst and almost dying.

He also tried electric shock conditioning to teach him to throw the ball away iirc.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

sirtommygunn posted:

He also tried electric shock conditioning to teach him to throw the ball away iirc.

Wait, did he make him wear a little shock collar or something during practice and zap him when he didn't do what he was supposed to?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Entirely possible this is a fake memory but like he had a little bracelet or something that would shock him 3 seconds after they snapped the ball in practice.

e: yeah I can't find anything on google, lmao that my brain probably made that poo poo up and I've believed it for almost a decade.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 4, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
And that’s why Mark Sanchez ran into a butt.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Get out the slide n slide and baseball cards for visual aids.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sirtommygunn posted:

Entirely possible this is a fake memory but like he had a little bracelet or something that would shock him 3 seconds after they snapped the ball in practice.

e: yeah I can't find anything on google, lmao that my brain probably made that poo poo up and I've believed it for almost a decade.

I know someone posted it here before, but the odds of it being elaborate fanfiction are high

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

I kind of hate that this seems like a good idea? I want Daniel Jones to have one

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Rogue Elephant posted:

I kind of hate that this seems like a good idea? I want Daniel Jones to have one

I think if anyone actually tried it it would just make the QB extremely skittish and scared to do anything besides throw it away.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ken. Dorsey.

PLEASE!!!

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I went and took my dog for a walk. Is there any particular reason why the Broncos didn't challenge the spot on the Ravens 4th down play that was like 3 yards short?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this thread is extremely old

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

ew you're right, my bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nothing wrong wit hit. hi bubby

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
How the hell did the broncos lost to the lamarless ravens

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

A big flaming stink posted:

How the hell did the broncos lost to the lamarless ravens
They are very bad? Like, poop from a butt.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

They are very bad? Like, poop from a butt.

https://twitter.com/KylePBarber/status/1599614631538208769

Their defense is good, last drive notwithstanding.

Russ seemed no better than Drew Lock.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think any neutral third party would take Teddy Bridgewater or Lock from last year over this year's Russ. I don't think it would be a particularly hard decision either.