Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Hold up, Bif is playing? Count me in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CCKeane posted:

I can't believe Yami is voting me. :(

I was gonna vote you for genwunning but now you're lying too...

##vote Keane

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

wologar posted:

Third vote in a turbo, etc.

##vote Yami

Deep down we both know you're just voting me because of my opinions on pokemon.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

CCKeane posted:

Was I lying, or seeing into the future?

Yeah, okay. I'll give you that one.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'm just waiting for binus to claim scum again.

Also this:

Same.

Wait what

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hey Maer wanna have a day 1 slapfight?

I'm bored.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Cloacamazing! posted:

Regarding our current vote leaders, are you people planning to stick with the initial Keane turbo? Getting a bit suspicious that nobody has moved off their joke vote yet, but it's still early.

Not really, no.

I don't feel good about Keane yet so he's probably town.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Monathin posted:

unironic scumposting itt

I can't tell you how scummy you are without you telling me what's your favorite pokemon generation, so please do so

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Monathin posted:

gen 4, next question

I will not vote Monathin for the remainder of the game. Monathin is obvious town.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Monathin, we must combine forces against wologar, who actually likes Sun/Moon.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Monathin posted:

I like most of Sun/Moon's pokemon better than I liked a lot of Black & White's. Both games are fine but SuMo's pokemon were more fun for me.

Well I dislike a lot of the designs but I'm talking more mechanically.

[Cutscene and Backup mechanic PTSD intensifies]

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Okay, I love Platinum but man the Pokemon designs in Gen 4 are limited and mostly just additions to trees we already had. (Also Diamond/Pearl are real bad. But worst gen is gen 6 by far.)

##vote Plastic

X/Y had the coolest gimmick, fight me

I don't care so much about the designs in gen 4 but it came with the phys/special split and also HG/SS, the best pokemon game ever made

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Monathin posted:

I'm mostly waiting for Toal to explain their "real vote", i'm gonna be honest. Give us the goss, Toal!

Kind of curious about this one too tbh

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

My opinions on Pokemon are that we should vote out my ex irl

Now that I can get behind

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

saladscooper posted:

Hmm, decent amount of pressure on wolo suddenly. Not sure I like it, their posting seems consistent with previous town games of theirs. Townlist is wolo, binus, potentially scum is Mona?

Right, guess I should actually do more than just skim this thread.

You think there's enough pressure on wolo to call out?

Didn't really feel that way to me tbh.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

saladscooper posted:

Like for this combined with “Give us the goss, Toal!” Both read as strained attempts at jokey buddy-buddying

Ambivalent on this one. I can see it but also feel like mona's just like that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I am actually serious when I say that I think Keane is town because I don't get good vibes from him btw.

However I'm not really liking Clo this game so far at all, which kind of does collateral keane a bit:

Cloacamazing! posted:

Regarding our current vote leaders, are you people planning to stick with the initial Keane turbo? Getting a bit suspicious that nobody has moved off their joke vote yet, but it's still early.

This was around 3 votes which clearly weren't serious.

Cloacamazing! posted:

wol is a beautiful unique force of nature. Join me in appreciating our wol. ##vote wologar

Oh I guess this is the pressure salad(?) was referring to

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah, I should probably ##unvote, my wol vote wasn't exactly serious. Although he did decide I was effortposting scum after reading a single post of mine, which I am quite salty about! Train your seal-reading skills, wol, they still need some work.

Binus is binussing, I'm still paranoid about him straying from the usual "Im town". There's a lot of people townreading him just from this too.

Mona is kind of a null read for me. I agree with them that Toal needs to explain her Maerlyn vote, because I really dislike that "I am casting my vote, but will not explain why!" thing.

Before anybody asks "Who scum, Cloaca?", currently no big reads, some scrumptious scumpings from Yami for distracting us with Pokémon talk and Toal for that votestuff. Would currently vote either of them.

This post pings me something fierce.

Quick walkback on jokevote? Check.
"Paranoid" about b-? Check.
Oh and those reads barely count. Toal just hasn't explained stuff yet. That's not a scumread, that's just waiting on toal to explain themselves. And what exactly am I supposed to be distracting the thread from, jokephase?

As I much as I loathe the phrase cloaca seems to be trying too hard here.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

this interaction is stinky:

For the record I don’t have a read of cloacamazing at the moment. They’re firmly in the null category

I think it’s weird how keane hasn’t responded to me. I’ve called him scum a few times. Now I don’t expect everyone to respond whenever someone calls them scum. What I find odd is how keane called out mona, who was responding to me

Third time calling keane scum:

Asking mona what he thinks of my scum list:

Mona’s response:

Keanes response:

Doubling down:

It’s just weird because I’ve been the one pushing the idea that keane is scum, and Mons basically said he wasn’t sure. If keane is scum, then I think part of the reason he didn’t respond to my callout is because he already said that I was town in an esrlier post. There are a few other keane posts that pinged me but this is what I’m thinking right now

It's from jokephase, b-. That's what it is.

Also lol at people trying to force more engagement out of me when I said I was gonna take it easy. I already gave my 2 cents about cloaca which was my biggest ping.

I understand how KB feels now I guess.

I actually find myself vibing with Keane's read on Mona rn. Not sure about Maer yet.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

I've never actually played with Monathin but I'm not seeing anything overtly scummy from him yet, so more null for now.

AN's case on binus is pretty bad (accusing him of no effort casing but binus is probably putting the most effort I've seen from him in awhile, which...I don't know what that says actually, someone hold me I'm frightened). Will give AN a closer look.

I do like the idea of Yami and Keane being scum, maybe with a side of Hal...

##vote Yami

I feel like Yami's been flying a bit under the radar, at this point he would have found some small little hole to poke into, his only real read so far is a kinda meh case on Cloaca.

Oh there's the vote.

Not only did I literally say I'm going to tryhard less, my case on Cloaca is perfectly valid for day 1 imo, and you should know what me being disengaged means better than this.

This feels like deliberately ignoring context here (meta and otherwise).

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I like my vote still being on AN but I'd also be down with a Hal lunch just to get that sorted early for once

Up for it but rn I kinda wanna explore why Maer seemingly got aggressive on me after I poked cloaca

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Big fan of Maer going "Yami is going under the radar" with that being practically their only piece of actual content btw.

Feels kinda hypocritical.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Maerlyn posted:

I'm sorry I reread your posts but didn't see a "going to take it easy this game" memo, I can't say I've ever seen you as a disengaged player. I also feel like that's a copout for what is essentially not even that much of a "case", more like an observation and agreement with others that you are coming across a little scummy.

Also my favorite tactic by people who usually turn out not to be town:

Hyperbole (exaggerated statements), like saying I "got aggressive" on you after poking Clo.
I'll have to come back around to that and this tomorrow, it's after 4 AM:

I'm not sure how I'm "going under the radar" and "getting aggressive" on you at the same time, those don't seem to mesh.

I posted that before the game.

In the discord.

You mostly ignored me "laying low" until I poked Cloaca. At which point I suddenly became your top priority if your vote is something to go by.

Maerlyn posted:

I've never actually played with Monathin but I'm not seeing anything overtly scummy from him yet, so more null for now.

AN's case on binus is pretty bad (accusing him of no effort casing but binus is probably putting the most effort I've seen from him in awhile, which...I don't know what that says actually, someone hold me I'm frightened). Will give AN a closer look.

I do like the idea of Yami and Keane being scum, maybe with a side of Hal...

##vote Yami

I feel like Yami's been flying a bit under the radar, at this point he would have found some small little hole to poke into, his only real read so far is a kinda meh case on Cloaca.

You have seen more than enough games of mine to know what my scum meta looks like. You've literally even admitted to never having seen me as a disengaged player, WHICH INCLUDES SCUM GAMES.

Your case is literally "Oh, yami isn't posting as much as usual and has only posted one meh case". That's it. It's day one and I think the case isn't even as bad as you're trying to convince the case it is.

What I am seeing here, Maer, is you being opportunistic as gently caress. You KNOW that my levels of engagement are not alignment indicative and yet you're trying to make it out to be. I also don't buy that it's your top choice for vote.

##vote Maer

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Yes a Yami omgus case, perfect. Classic. Shaping up to be quite a game.

This is the first and last time I'll defend my d1, just becaus people tend to both mark when you haven't and mark when you do it too much.

My posting is self serving to just mine and only mine sense of humour.

I'd prefer if you actually engaged with the points made rather than just dismissing it as OMGUS.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yeah well, I don't think being told "Oh Yami isn't putting in enough effort, must be scum" by a person that knows I'm an effort scum, as well as that the effort I did put in doesn't count is fun personally, but :shrug:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I remember agreeing with Keane's (I think it was) points on them but I haven't looked at them on a deeper level yet.

Will do after work since I'm done with that soon anyway.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

I’d rather until this hal keane yami knot. I think a reasonable strategy is to lunch them first, see how many scum we flip, and then go from there

Did you read my Maer case?

How about we untie the maer cloaca knot instead.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

wologar posted:

How about we lunch AnonNarco instead.

Why?

I thought that was mostly just a meme?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Let's set aside our differences and turbo Mona yami.

##vote Mona

What do u think of Mona case

Is there a specific post you're referring to here btw?

gonna reread mona now

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

wologar posted:

It's not. You can add their terrible binus vote to my initial point of "setting the stage to do nothing on D1 so they don't get scrutinized on later days".

Okay, I'll go check them out too then.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Monathin posted:

Hey Toal are you gonna give us your casework on Mae? Just keeping you honest here

Oh yeah what's up with the 180 there toal?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Is there a specific post you're referring to here btw?

gonna reread mona now

Okay so is there like an actual case on Mona or something?

Half of the ones are carried over from a jokephase post that I really don't feel is damning enough to attract quite that much attention. Salad voted them based on tone which is like, alright for day 1 I guess.

Why did you vote mona, toal?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

I post about it, in the thread

Yeah I haven't gotten there yet, sorry.

Yeah okay, that seems better but I dunno. I'm a bit wary about the early jokephase votes (not because they're joke phase, mind you) still being stuck around.

I'd rather go Maer.

So anyway, what WAS your justification for voting maer before you did a complete 180?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

saladscooper posted:

I feel like this is a mischaracterization of the situation, particularly in regards to Hal. I don’t see how Hal is part of this “knot” and I think you trying to push us into a pseudo-thunderdome D1 is pretty scummy, actually.

Oh yeah I saw that and was like wuh??

But I thought it was just another thing I missed.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not a fan of dunking Maerlyn today. I have reason to believe that she is town

Cool, anyway.

So far I'm kinda suspicious about vote movement and sort of teamed looking actions between maer-cloaca and possibly keane, but really not sure about the last one. Keane is mostly because of cloaca's weird rear end question about the keane joke votes.

Dunno if it's maybe b- instead of keane there, or... gently caress IDK. I still suck at reading b-, would probably be a thing to revisit if one of cloaca and maer is scum.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

saladscooper posted:

That being said I also am not seeing the Maer case at all. Mona or Anarc today imo

*sigh*

So the fact that Maer is willfully ignoring my meta to make a "oh no yami is lurking, therefor scum" case doesn't bother anyone?

No?

Fine, whatever.

I read anarc and I dunno about "setting up for doing d1" or whatever, but they do seem way too invested in their own survival. I don't know if that's normal for anarc tho.

Would still prefer maer or cloaca for actual info on other players, though. Anarc hasn't really done anything other than talk about how they don't wanna die.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hal Insandenza posted:

Well what about bif then?

Also it’s getting exhausting always being the “let’s sort this out” guy but I suppose in some way I’ve earned that

Fwiw you're not even remotely on the top of the list, but I still got too much trauma from goose mafia

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hal Insandenza posted:

Well what about bif then?

Also it’s getting exhausting always being the “let’s sort this out” guy but I suppose in some way I’ve earned that

Also where the gently caress did bif come from now?

This is mafia, not a player list calendar

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tbh I'm not really enjoying this game so far. I feel like people are just talking past each other for the most part. I appreciated wolo actually engaging with me far more than I should.

So far I still don't understand why my cloaca case is supposed to be bad, it's just lol no and somehow I'm sus for it. Then I point out Maer's attitude and it just gets dismissed and ignored.

Where the gently caress is the social part of the social deduction game?

Actually considering making my maf hiatus into a permanent one tbh

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

wologar posted:

Btw, we have another full day of this. Buckle up!

Yeah loving lovely, that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

b-minus1 posted:

Agree with all of this

Yami has to be scum.

Bruh