Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four

Ohtori Akio posted:

BYOB has a lot of folks who like novelty probes.

100% of my rap sheet is byob novelty probes lol. I could say it's because I'm a good poster, but more likely I'm just not that interesting and pretty chill.

watho posted:

i honestly think byob should be ruled by a secret shadow government. i really believe this

Ghouls are Ghastly posted:

Oh that's a good idea that we didn't already have in place, heh, heh heheheheheheh *blinks nervously*

I think it's kinda that way but in a good spirited not really secret way? The first time I was IK maybe over 5 years ago Duckie messaged me and was like "do you want to be IK for a couple months give or take?" and I was like "yeah sure" and got PM'ed an extremely reasonable list of "dos and don'ts" (I think they are mostly the same now as they were then) then when I was done, I recommended someone as my successor, Olive! I think, and I assume the same process happened. Presumably whoever was before me recommended me as well.

The most recent time maybe half a year ago I guess it was an "IK contest" that I got voted in on by all of like maybe 10 votes lol. After a few months I was in a weird living situation and Mani and GaG were like "want someone to take over? You can do another contest if you want or just hand it over" and I said "sure, I'm unreliably online right now, maybe just give it to one of a short list of names including Barking Gecko because they are cool and good and I'd trust them as IK?" and I guess that's what happened.

So I guess that's my super-secret shadow government behind the scenes info! You can hand out 6ers, sticky threads for various amounts of time in a drop-down menu, and goldmine threads (maybe gas too? but like hardly any byob threads need gassing), and I think that's about it. It's all so exciting! lol

Also:

Ohtori Akio posted:

Make the mod forum a BYOB subforum.

lol even if still unviewable other then the title being there and inaccessible, enough people don't get byob as it is, and I think that would make it even more confusing to those people and I think that's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Nosfereefer posted:

the reality would be every byober giving themselves sixers in perpetuity, like those rats w/ the endorphin buttons

just lmao if you become an IK and don't give yourself a 6er. It was probably the first thing I did and the first one I ever got.

Twenty Four

Shifty Nipples posted:

parliaments have weird filters

truth, whats with the extra paper past the end? I don't know if there is a point to it or they were just bad at making filters then stuck with it