Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here’s Will McDonald murdering Wright on back to back reps.

https://twitter.com/walkthemock/status/1620901729389924352?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't know if I'd call that first rep "murdering", Wright successfully keeps McDonald out of the pocket and leads him far away from where the "play" would be. In a live game situation the QB would easily be able to get the ball out or to step forward.

Second rep, yeah, Wright gets beaten.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Irsay's been trolling this whole draft.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

John Abraham is still capable of talking?

lol the Giants guy is a kicker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hanford Dixon was the head coach of the Lingerie Football League's Cleveland Crush

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

who is going to draft Cody Mauch

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he needs to gain 25 pounds.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forrest on Fire posted:

Why did Joey Porter Jr. slip?

Also Doltos is really good at draft coverage this is the first draft in like six years that I didn't scream myself hoarse at Mel Kiper

I think he's slipping because he's more of a short yardage coverage guy and so far all of those guys have been ignored too. Also tyvm

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ehud posted:

No bull

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

Please fall to the third round Cody.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Someone draft Bumper Pool.

Do it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

You have to be like 60 to know who Ed and Brad Budde are

brad’s wiki posted:

Beau [his son] is a high school social science teacher and is the quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator at University High School in Irvine, known among students for assigning exceptionally large amounts of homework, especially in quarantine during the COVID-19 pandemic; he and his wife, Annette, live in Orange, California.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Daltos or anyone else

Did you do a write up on Tucker Kraft? I feel like he makes a ton of sense for Miami.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sometimes loses in pass blocking when he shouldn't. Wide stance but lets defenders get up under his pads. Good aggression and technique as a run blocker, finishes all the way up the field. Very shallow expertise for routes and has issues running rounded routes that would only fit in certain offenses if he can't break it. Does have a 'quickness' to him for his size in limited space so there is hope there regarding improving the technique. Likes to score 100 touchdowns. Big catch radius, saves a throw to the shins more often than not. Loves throwing the ball every now and then if you'll let him. Has shown concentration drops trying to make something happen which could get worse if he plays limited snaps. Likes to eat junkfood on the day it's meant to expire.

3rd round grade in this particular draft with so much middling talent across the board.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 28, 2023

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Teams shouldn't get 7 minutes per pick in the 2nd round. Pick up the pace.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
You streaming again tonight Daltos?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I don't think so I'm on zero hours of sleep and day 2 doesn't get that many viewers. I think I'll just be chatting in the discord about it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

three posted:

Teams shouldn't get 7 minutes per pick in the 2nd round. Pick up the pace.

Why? Give them time to figure out trades and who they want. 2nd round is pretty important and I don't think teams should suffer because you get bored watching it.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

wandler20 posted:

Why? Give them time to figure out trades and who they want. 2nd round is pretty important and I don't think teams should suffer because you get bored watching it.

How about we compromise and teams that aren't trading put their picks in and announce them immediately and stop wasting time?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

three posted:

How about we compromise and teams that aren't trading put their picks in and announce them immediately and stop wasting time?

Fair. I think the real issue here is the people actually get off their rear end and up to the podium to announce it. If Twitter knows, they should be on the stage making the announcement.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

three posted:

What if they were working on a trade but it fell through? There is no way to enforce this.
Or what if its a guy they didnt get to spend one of their allotted visits/workouts on and they're talking to them on the phone?
Or or one of a million other variables.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

the atheltic football show is doing a day 2 steam if you're looking for something not-espn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVxUd1RLV5c

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Barring trades, the people announcing the pick should be ready to go and should start walking when the official pick is delivered. I think that's the source of the most frustrating delays so far, and I suspect it's entirely on the event organizers trying to make a TV show out of a business meeting.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

drat, Mingo was my draft crush for Green Bay. too bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lets pump the brakes on Brian Cushing being an "NFL legend", mr announcer feller.

Also,
https://twitter.com/LateRoundQB/status/1652118267979345920

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tricky Ed posted:

Barring trades, the people announcing the pick should be ready to go and should start walking when the official pick is delivered. I think that's the source of the most frustrating delays so far, and I suspect it's entirely on the event organizers trying to make a TV show out of a business meeting.

Yeah this was the actual problem. During the first round there were so many times where the graphic said “the pick is in” with 5 minutes left and then the league just let the clock run to 0 anyway so they could finish talking about how much the guy loved his childhood dog or whatever. The broadcast needed to be a certain length and show a certain number of ads and that’s an easy way to get there.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Picks delivered early will give you a bonus to the salary cap that year. Move it move it!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1652331474320867330?t=OIOrLeMdkXLp1z09mb_XLQ&s=19

Is there a live thread for day 3?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the day 3 college guy i believe in most is Evan Hull. A running back who can catch, who was for all an intents and purposes the only functional skill position player on the worst offense in college football with no passing threat (WR malik washington was good but northwestern's QB play was so bad that they took a ton of snaps out of the Wildcat formation) and their only play was running him off Skoronski. I think Hull is a great modern back who got screwed by circumstances and he's my favorite Wildcat since Justin Jackson and I think he'll thrive if someone gives him a chance, but he'll go in the seventh at best.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1652402658957721601?t=aG9LDJwk41WuxIDMgjRCxA&s=19

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Most likely a combination of the two. Trade down, take Levis somewhere in the teens maybe

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

While there's literally nothing wrong with that approach, it's so weird to hear anyone involved with a team officially say stuff like this. I kinda like it. Refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
wrong threadf