Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Goofballs posted:

heavyweight.gif (3MB)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

OmegaFartHuffer posted:

Somehow I never have seen Pavlovich but that was pretty brutal

None of his UFC fights have left the first round, but his first one was against Overeem so the first impression wasn't great.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

fair

OmegaFartHuffer
Feb 23, 2022
Tai also really loves to stay in the pocket and swang/bang after getting clipped

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Is Bisping drunk?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
He seems ok to me. Throwing out some £5 words no problem.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Matt Schnell had to shave his chest hair to make weight lol

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

chaleski posted:

Is Bisping drunk?

Remember ultimate fighter season whatever number it was where he was the coach and he would turn up hours late and visibly hungover

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Schnell ya later.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Well, they put the flyweights over the heavyweights and the flyweights got a cooler knockout, can we please do this more often now

coathat
May 21, 2007

It seems unfair to just be able to teleport the other guy to the mat like that

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

maybe I'm just uncool and only know only know uncool people but is anyone wearing ufc merch?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Goofballs posted:

maybe I'm just uncool and only know only know uncool people but is anyone wearing ufc merch?

I maybe would if I went to some fightsports card in person but probably not just to the grocery store or whatever. :shrug:

Was Barbarena the original opponent for this? Did they just wanna put both Bambams on the same card?

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

I first got into mma out of sociological fascination with the large numbers of ufc fans wearing tapout clothes.Otoh I have never seen a venom in public.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Goofballs posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone wear UFC merch in my entire life but I live in the middle of nowhere.

I want to be the one weird person in my entire area wearing Stamp Fairtex merch, on the other hand if it existed

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 4, 2022

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I haven't seen UFC merch in the wild since before Reebok took over

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

A second Bam Bam has hit the octagon

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I was just not muting the ads tonight and thinking what the gently caress and now they're selling dick/brain pills as well. The last time I let this poo poo penetrate my brain they were selling whoppers or motorbikes. Ok I couldn't blank out the crypto but that's condom depot level

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Goofballs posted:

I was just not muting the ads tonight and thinking what the gently caress and now they're selling dick/brain pills as well. The last time I let this poo poo penetrate my brain they were selling whoppers or motorbikes. Ok I couldn't blank out the crypto but that's condom depot level

I think that's all ESPN mandated, there's none of that on fightpass

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goofballs posted:

UFC and Gas Station Dick Pills My Friend Bought For Me do have a proud and long-standing unofficial partnership, happy to see it become more recognized.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Rafael dos Anjos, god dammit.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Gate kept.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CarlCX posted:

Rafael dos Anjos, god dammit.

gently caress, he rules

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX, feeling safe and secure out on that limb :hellyeah:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Good for rda

OmegaFartHuffer
Feb 23, 2022
Has anyone else moved up and down weight classes like RDA and still did well? Pretty cool to see for his age.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

CarlCX, feeling safe and secure out on that limb :hellyeah:

My favorite way to be right is when I am right for completely wrong reasons.

OmegaFartHuffer posted:

Has anyone else moved up and down weight classes like RDA and still did well? Pretty cool to see for his age.

Robert Whittaker's probably the modern canonical choice.

edit: oh, AND down. No, that's much tougher.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

OmegaFartHuffer posted:

frankie edgar kind of

I like thompson, I hope this isn't sad and tragic

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Calling out Conor :lol:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Unperson_47 posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone wear UFC merch in my entire life but I live in the middle of nowhere.

I want to be the one weird person in my entire area wearing Stamp Fairtex merch, on the other hand if it existed

get a stamp dance crop top

https://one.shop/collections/stamp-fairtex/products/stamp-fairtex-stamp-dance-crop-tee

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Haha good luck with that one

OmegaFartHuffer
Feb 23, 2022
Oh yeah frankie’s a great example, but he just fought 155 without cutting too. Back in the PED weight bully era too.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

While he may not be able to make the smaller weight class anymore, Khamzat was also doing a pretty good job bouncing between 170 and 185 for awhile.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Back in the day randy couture I guess, lhw champ, hw champ but it was very early days. I'm glad we never saw him fight Cain

OmegaFartHuffer
Feb 23, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

Calling out Conor :lol:
It kinda makes sense honestly. They originally had the fight before Nate stepped in, they could both do it at 170, and it may very well be simpler for the UFC to bet on Conor beating a drat-near done RDA over a still pretty capable Chandler.

However him and Chandler would gas in 45 seconds

But knowing modern UFC they’ll book Chandler because he has more instagram followers

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I feel like I have to root for Holland now after that Wonderbread joke

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Conor's never fighting again unless it's something like the Cowboy fight, or in a bar

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I hope good boy karate goober Wonderboy wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

wonderboy is the anti conner and deserves affection but I have a bad feeling about this