Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dixville posted:

I was listening to They Might Be Giants and I was wondering if Don't Let's Start had a music video. Turns out it does and I was somewhat surprised, having never seen how they looked, that the singer looks nothing like I expected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAmFTmCs3IY
In fact, I had actually pictured him looking somewhat like the guitarist in this video. Kind of nerdy. I don't know why but I always have kind of a picture in my head of how a singer must look based on only their voice. It's usually wrong. Anybody else do this? Or notice that someone doesn't look like they would sound like they do?

that guy looks exactly like I'd expect tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Scott Grimes, Rick Astley

naem
May 29, 2011

[quote="Future Wax" post="528218780"]
Alicia Bridges was one that threw me, she looks like she'd be more at home in a punk band than singing one of the biggest disco hits:

https://youtu.be/WGU_4-5RaxU

compare to blonde heart of glass 1978, notice the dance music/disco influence, and then realize that punk happened in 1979 it’s all closer than we might think

naem fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 6, 2022

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Lotta bands with a scrawny white singer who sounds like a beefy black man.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

precision posted:

I listened to The Dears for like, a decade without realizing the singer is black. I thought he was one of those "baroque" white Canadians

I went decades before I found out Bill Withers wasn’t white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Convex posted:

does this count, certainly caught me out a bit in the pre-internet days

edit: I should add, learning later what vitiligo is made this much more understandable

Did mj actually have vitiligo though? I thought that was just used to hand wave his extreme skin lightening cosmetic choices?