Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
what up, does the idea of no thoughts, head empty sound goddamn nice for once?

Less hustle culture and more muscle culture?

Fire to the girlbosses?

you may be a bimbo!
well, a new age one.

while I feel like a loving dinosaur with the idea of being on tiktok, there has been a bimbo renaissance that cannot be ignored. good on them!

Long relegated to gross misogynist tropes of the past, this new wave of bimbos have embraced the mind boggling concept of “wait why let these nasty rear end men define what intelligence may be? Maybe the concept of smart is rooted in some garbage behavior and prejudices” but like, while also enjoying how your tits look.

And it’s not just cookie cutter blondes having all the fun (but good on them for doing so!). Himbos, theybos, LGBTQ bimbos, bimboys, disabled bimbos, neurodivergent bimbos and most likely some of y’all are goony loving bimbos (or a wonderful variation thereof).

Some articles have called it a more radical approach to self actualization, or a rejection of capitalism’s bonkers rear end view of success that is mysteriously tied up in how close in proximity to a rich white guy you can be, weird how that keeps happening prolly just a coincidence???

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/4aw4kd/bimbofication-is-taking-over-what-does-that-mean-for-you posted:

But unlike dissociative feminism, bimboism rejects self-destructive behaviour. And unlike girlbossification, bimboism is not rooted in capitalist attachment. 

You don’t need to buy anything or look a certain way. You don’t need to run a business, be a good worker, or step on anyone in your journey to reach “success” as a bimbo. Bimboism comes from within, and you can achieve it by being unapologetically yourself. 

While girlboss feminism says, “I may be a girl, but I can climb the status quo’s ladder and succeed in capitalism just like any other man!” 

Bimboism says, “I am literally just here to vibe. Either vibe with me or leave me alone.”

the world is ending, money is fake, smooth your brain, reject this dumb society by looking yourself in the mirror and going “I’m dumber.” Perhaps it’s time destroy and dismantle systems of oppression that keep far more of us down than ever wanted to lift us up (and to be like them? Nah)

if you’re merely curious or returning from a two hour gym session with some bonkers rear end pecs, explore your inner bimbo.

Like personally I’m enjoying makeup openly and obnoxiously, clothing a bit too small for my frame and the Brendanissance, as a lifelong Brendan Fraser fan (I’m pro HAES - himbos at every size). The only girlbosses I support are dominatrixes. I embrace not knowing everything (or even anything) and experiencing the world with that mindset - seems like I’m learning far more than the constraints of academia deemed appropriate.

“god teen witch, another stupid thread” - congrats, that’s the point!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
here’s visuals if reading isn’t your thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjWySKaAWDQ

Heather Papps

hello friend

*weeping into hands*
"i knew it... i'm a brock"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

teen witch
hi Brock, I’m dad

teen witch
maybe like an Elvira sun, Blanche rising and hmmm, Elle Woods moon?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
In before it becomes a marketing buzzword

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Finger Prince

I'm playing a chaotic good paladin himbo in my d&d campaign and it's fun as hell!

frump truck

hello... again!

bimboss

frump truck

hello... again!

the article you linked makes me feel 500 years old. but your post is cool

BoldFrankensteinMir

I'm intrigued by this new movement, which is clearly why I have all this literature about it strewn around my house. Clearly.

Sig by Heather Papps

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
the vibe based cultural economy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dumb Sex-Parrot
think i'll pass on this one

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have trained and studied for years to attain a state of no mind. the monk chops wood and carries water. the himbo does squats and lifts steel, or something, i guess.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

teen witch

Heather Papps posted:

i have trained and studied for years to attain a state of no mind. the monk chops wood and carries water. the himbo does squats and lifts steel, or something, i guess.

zen gains

no brains

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Blanche Devereaux sun
Blanche DuBois rising
Blanche Calloway moon

That's me, your local bimbo/thembo. I've never had a single thought but I'm your local single thot.

It's nice to feel good about myself just for existing but also for looking fine as gently caress in booty shorts and a halter top with my tattoos hanging out, and lipstick on, and just not give a single gently caress.

Randy Travesty fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 17, 2022

BoldFrankensteinMir

Trying very hard to recall a single piece of clothing I own that's not entirely utilitarian as I ponder trying out this trend.

Uh.... I own a mauve sweatband? It has a hockey logo on it but I could turn it around maybe...

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You can still be a himbo and wear utilitarian clothing. It's not what's on the outside that counts, it's what's not on the inside of your head that counts. Don't form a single thought. Don't do it. Just vibe.

Elmnt80

Would it be thembo or thimbo for non binary folks tho? Either way, it is a lovely chill way to be and I'm down for it.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Starts list titled 'things I got going for me besides thought'.

Stares at blank page for unbearably long time.

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Elmnt80 posted:

Would it be thembo or thimbo for non binary folks tho? Either way, it is a lovely chill way to be and I'm down for it.

It's thembo for me mostly yeah lol

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Yes, I will be a himbo. I didn't think twice about it. I didn't even think once.

teen witch
Anyone else? this game of hungry hungry himbos ain’t gonna play itself

Shifty Nipples

can I keep my filter? not saying some things keeps me out of trouble and also not banned

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
this thread is complicated, like, idk lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Wrong thread

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 17, 2022

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Shifty Nipples

Nosfereefer posted:

this thread is complicated, like, idk lol

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

teen witch

actually right thread but in a weird way

teen witch
Anyway so I want to venerate my personal icon, Anna Nicole Smith, patron saint of securing the bag.

Realtalk: her drive to simply do what she wants and enjoy life on her terms, that’s why I adore her.

Anything she bloomed in, was never enough, yet too much. Anytime she toned it down or shrunk herself, it was to her own detriment. Anna Nicole deserved better.

There is nothing more radical than a someone who is going to simply live as they loving please, hypocritical morals be damned. She made a loving living off of it too? Hell yeah.

Kill the weeds that try to choke out tall poppies. Viva Anna Nicole.

Anyway less yappin more inspo

Finger Prince

teen witch posted:

Anyone else? this game of hungry hungry himbos ain’t gonna play itself

Thirsty thirsty thembos

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

teen witch posted:

Anyway so I want to venerate my personal icon, Anna Nicole Smith, patron saint of securing the bag.

Realtalk: her drive to simply do what she wants and enjoy life on her terms, that’s why I adore her.

Anything she bloomed in, was never enough, yet too much. Anytime she toned it down or shrunk herself, it was to her own detriment. Anna Nicole deserved better.

There is nothing more radical than a someone who is going to simply live as they loving please, hypocritical morals be damned. She made a loving living off of it too? Hell yeah.

Kill the weeds that try to choke out tall poppies. Viva Anna Nicole.

Anyway less yappin more inspo

hard agree. she got done so dirty so many times over and she just genuinely was trying to vibe.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I'm pro bimbo :haibrower:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

teen witch

Areola Grande posted:

I'm pro bimbo :haibrower:

pro-*bo

including tae bo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bimbofication update: today is a peanut butter waffle snacks, and cute underwear as an outfit, and no rules about when I can smoke weed day, gently caress the haters, I'm just thriving.

Also I'm starting to feel myself, and honestly, that's so good. I've struggled with an ED and mental illness my entire life, and my weight rolling up and down way too much, and this is the solution. Zero loving thoughts.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I got a new ouija board dab mat and it's so cute omg

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Ya I'm wearing it, it's an entire outfit

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Holland Oates posted:

Ya I'm wearing it, it's an entire outfit

That's an amazing shirt

BoldFrankensteinMir

I'm still trying to understand the no thoughts idea (see?) but appreciating sex symbols??? Heck yeah I can do that. And I like to go to the source, the prototype bombshell: Mae West

Mae West invented sex, as far as the history of AV media is concerned. She was there in the very beginning of everything, a vaudeville vamp turned Broadway darling who shimmied next to Ed Wynn and Al Jolson. Then in 1926 her Broadway play, entitled "Sex", was shut down for obscenity and she spent time in jail for it. After that, she belonged to the world.

The great secret of Mae West is that she went to Hollywood at the age of 40. But she managed to keep her age a winking secret so well that she was cast in leading lady roles throughout the 1930's. Along with essentially inventing modern American style inuendos ('come up and see me some time' now being part of the collective subconscious for almost a century)she also cultivated even further the image of a public spirited firebrand with complex opinions ("I believe in censorship. I made a fortune out of it.") Her over-the-top feminine charisma and the boldness hiding just underneath it fit perfectly into the new media juggernaut taking over the planet. She was especially well known for her collaboration with W.C. Fields in 1940 (even though she didn't really get along with him), but hardly anybody knew she was 47 when she made My Little Chickadee:

West was one of the most influential figures in early cinema history and the reach of her impact is impossible to determine, but not just aesthetically. She was also the hub of immense controversy that advanced the public discussion of sex, rights and power. Variety once called her "...the biggest conversation-provoker, free-space grabber, and all-around box office bet in the country. She's as hot an issue as Hitler."

That's her, in court again, in a case about profits for a film. She went to court countless times, so often it became a joke in her movies too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1TaMQBnl-Q

Mae West eventually stood for a lot, not just sexual expression but a personal independence derived from it. And she remained daring. At the age of 80 she made a baudy comedy film, Sextette:

It looks ridiculous but also has Ringo Starr, Alice Cooper and Dom Deluise in it, so, I kinda have to see it? That's Mae West in a nutshell, a must-see event of a person.

I love how Mae West used her carefully crafted sex symbol image to evade detection as the shrewd operator she really was. Her wordplay showed she could play dumb and smart at the same time, which is intriguing in this context. Oh and here are some quote macros, that's how this works right? I'm learning!

Sig by Heather Papps

teen witch
Watching a YouTube video about The Rocketeer, and I should have really twigged onto the fact that I adored Bettie Page as a teen to uh, how I am now. Page wasn’t quite the bimbo or played that role, but definitely adjacent. A third, more mysterious thing.

Also I need to rewatch The Rocketeer over the holidays.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

quote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

I aspire to themboism

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!