Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i've found myself in need of an additional income source, and i've been wanting to create a youtube channel for a long time, so figured this might be the best way to go about it. only question now is: what should it be about? i'm interested in things like vidya games, anime, general tech, history, and politics. one specific topic i thought might be good is doing the history of companies like Cold Fusion and Company Man do. both channels are pretty huge. though difference in my case is that i could focus specifically on video game publishers/developers. surprisingly, there's not that many channels that cover this kind of stuff. i mean, maybe for like the biggest of the biggest publishers like nintendo/sony/ms/activision/etc. but there's a ton of mid tier and low tier (financially speaking) that don't get covered, so it could be an untapped market.

but that's just one idea that i'm not 100% wedded to. i'm open to suggestions. does anyone here have a yt channel? if so, what do you talk about and how successful have you been?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mr Interweb posted:

i've found myself in need of an additional income source, and i've been wanting to create a youtube channel for a long time, so figured this might be the best way to go about it. only question now is: what should it be about? i'm interested in things like vidya games, anime, general tech, history, and politics. one specific topic i thought might be good is doing the history of companies like Cold Fusion and Company Man do. both channels are pretty huge. though difference in my case is that i could focus specifically on video game publishers/developers. surprisingly, there's not that many channels that cover this kind of stuff. i mean, maybe for like the biggest of the biggest publishers like nintendo/sony/ms/activision/etc. but there's a ton of mid tier and low tier (financially speaking) that don't get covered, so it could be an untapped market.

but that's just one idea that i'm not 100% wedded to. i'm open to suggestions. does anyone here have a yt channel? if so, what do you talk about and how successful have you been?

I heard playing a video game and recording yourself yammering on will net you some money

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

anal belching is new and exciting.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

this guys does pretty good... can you fake an accent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_KdbASIkB8

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Make mukbang videos

Edit: then make an onlyfans and post butthole

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Make mukbang videos

Edit: then make an onlyfans and post butthole

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've been getting a lot of chess videos in my recommendation feed. Are you good at board games with a lot of strategy? You could probably make money doing tutorials.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There's always money in the banana stand.
*toungue click and wink*

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
do pretty much any normal nerd thing but make sure that someone's bare feet are in the shot

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

become a vtuber OP. you can be as ugly as you want as long as you can put on an anime child voice

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

bossy lady posted:

become a vtuber OP. you can be as ugly as you want as long as you can put on an anime child voice

You also have to be funny and good at distracting from/being a tonic for the hellscape that is the world outside your audience's domiciles. OP sounds like they'd rather do serious nerd stuff which is cool too but a colorful cartoon avatar isn't really going to help there

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pootube

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Do something interesting and film the process. It can be as simple as making sandwiches as long as you explain what your doing & why and have a sense of humor about it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Farm neckbearded incel sycophants by repackaging some semi obscure religion/ideology

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Being a hot chick with a good video editor. That seems like a pretty good niche to get in.

You could also try being good looking, nice, affable, gregarious, likable, with interesting content, good lighting, good cameras and a good editor.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Waltzing Along posted:

You could also try being good looking, nice, affable, gregarious, likable, with interesting content, good lighting, good cameras and a good editor.

Like that's going to happen!
:roflolmao:

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Waltzing Along posted:

i would try this op

also the feet thing if you got pretty ones

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Lick fruit while you crinkle paper bags

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
I post pictures of my legs on Twitter and people offer me money sometimes lol

Maybe try that

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
But you're probably a guy. Is there a market for men's probably hairy leg photos? I don't know I wouldn't pay for that. But I'm a small sample size. Like 0.75.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
It doesn't matter, as long as:

1. your content is engaging enough to make a viewer sit through eight to ten minutes of content
2. those watching you end up forming a strong parasocial relationship with you
3. you make people believe that parasocial relationship means something

Have you considered filming yourself shoving cucumbers up your rear end? As long as you can make people think that's what you genuinely love to do, you can make money.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm sure there is a market for hairy man legs.
Not for the OP's though, the pervs have standards.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

olives black posted:

You also have to be funny and good at distracting from/being a tonic for the hellscape that is the world outside your audience's domiciles. OP sounds like they'd rather do serious nerd stuff which is cool too but a colorful cartoon avatar isn't really going to help there

I dunno, the gamer Vtuber market is pretty saturated. But I gotta say, I've never seen a waifu give a lesson on Victorian sewer systems.

Build some cutesy humor into her character and you might be riding a wave here!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ASMR. Well, and feet. Figure out how to combine ASMR and feet and you'll just be printing money.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

provide commentary on a youtube commentary vid

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

By popular demand posted:

I'm sure there is a market for hairy man legs.
Not for the OP's though, the pervs have standards.

How can we know, though? We haven't seen them.

OP, let's see some skin. We're trying to help you here.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

malazan book of the fallen textual analysis but im naked teh whole time

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Talk about investing or business OP. Even if you know nothing about it.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i'm not going to suggest you show feet OP but i will suggest that if you can't bring yourself to show feet then you'll never make it in this business.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Have you heard of Roel van de paar? dude has so many lovely videos that he is making mad bank from sheer volume.
summery here

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Review homemade gravy recipes by cooking ‘em up then pouring them over your feet. Rate by toe feel

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Chubbyemu style medical reenactments but about pooping

Channel of videos of babies being thrown into swimming pools.

Channel for Elon musk jokes and reviewing the diff flavors of spam fleshlights & dildos

Trim and clean and shoe the hooves of wild animals.surgical vlogs.

channel for documenting unsuspecting neighbors hormonal transition

Film the different rats and animals that live in the huge piles of garbage around your house

Wood turning channel but no wood or resin this time you use ONLY CuM. Cut the resin into cum gems

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Get hella angry about starwars

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

chud style reactions to women in marvel movies and tv shows

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Mr Interweb posted:

Interview hired actors on the sidewalk and have them pretend they think Canada is in Europe.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Eating old MREs

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Do you know anything about old guns?

You could research and review old firearms.

Also do you know anything about camping?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

olives black posted:

i see

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Titties in video games.

Asses in video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Ive made money on youtube from a one off fad and also trying.

The only way to make real money on Youtube is to stick to something. Work out what you do and just stick to it. And make a video at least once a week. And follow their bullshit rules and tips and help videos exactly. "Hey this is Che fro Youtube" on your Youtube Studio page, watch it. It sucks rear end but do it. Even farting in a different cup and smelling it and rating it using the BJCP Guide once a week will create an audience after one year.