Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I am afraid you have failed the voight kampff test, please stand over there with the other replicants. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I think i remember my grandad said something about someone that was on seinfeld in the 90s. Of all the shows to say that about. I grew up in the south but actually didn't really hear it many times at all. But i lived in a a college town so it wasn't super conservative rural type folks for the most part

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Not sure if this counts, I was at work with two black coworkers and one of them said to the other “don’t be _____ ish”

It’s their word and all but the hard r was for sure there

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Wait does it count if someone calls themselves a "white n-word?" Cause if so, it was 2020

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

You say it every time you say the word vinegar :smug:

this is why i say vinenja

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

come to think about it the time before that was similar

I was waiting tables and at the end of this guys meal, super fat black dude, waited until his wife was in the bathroom or something. Beckoned me over (skinny young white guy), leaned in real close, and looked in both directions. Then says to me real softly “when you eat too much and get tired and can’t move…. (big mischevious smile on his face)…. that’s the _____itis”

I had no idea what to do, he just giggled and I walked away

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

I cant remember the last time i heard the hard R.
But grandpa was over during thanksgiving and was in Korea and tossed around Z****head a few times. A real Holiday treat.
Hope that helps OP.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Like 10 years ago or a little more, I was playing in a bar poker game that was half LGBT, somebody asked the guy across from me why he moved out of Chicago and he said it was because of the uh changing ethnic makeup of his neighborhood. This is in a pretty liberal big city, but also in a sketchy Irish bar.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
my wife has a coworker that came over from eastern europe and he's learning english

yeah, they had to tell him to never use the n word again because he didnt understand the context of it at all

Philthy fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 22, 2022

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Check out Samuel L Jackson trying to bully this poor dork into saying it and failing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOlNHXQCT_4

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Guy that I worked with called a white guy a n****r one time last year.

Dude was black. Like the dude that called the white guy that was black.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Vampire Panties posted:

If I had to say the last time I heard it audibly as a pejorative would've been some rear end in a top hat on xbox live 4-5 years ago

I was on the other end of this kind of stuff, around 4-5 years ago I lived in a dorm type place with super thin walls and for a while had an rear end in a top hat neighbor in the room next door who was always shouting "YOU loving (hard R)" at the top of his lungs, I can only assume he was being an rear end in a top hat on xbox live or whatever. Also got to hear him once screaming at some poor call center employee on the phone doing racist Indian accent impressions at him. He wasn't American he was Dutch iirc for anyone who cares.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I just started reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for the first time in twenty years. Does that count, 'cause the n-word appears to have been pretty popular in 1884.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 23, 2022

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
a mentally ill woman called me the n-word at full volume on the street in Boston

for the record I'm very white

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Like 3 weeks ago when I was in our Buffalo office and someone was decrying Popeye's opening a restaurant near his house.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

There was a Nuyorican guy who worked for me when I ran a kitchen that was constantly asking me to say it. I don't know why, and he never did it to anyone else. He did it at least once a shift. I liked him a lot, but it never made any sense to me. This was maybe two years ago.

Maybe it's an east coast thing, but most kitchens I've worked in had guys calling each other racial slurs all the time, and it was just part of the culture. I never liked it or understood it, but it wasn't a problem until someone decided it was. It happened every few months. A fight would break out, then usually the two guys involved would go outside and smoke for a few minutes, then it was back to business as usual.

I haven't heard it out in the wild in a very long time, which surprises me cuz I moved out to the boonies a few years ago.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Every time I go to the Hard R Cafe (TM).

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Basically every time I go back to my home town in central Illinois, but the most wtf time was when I pulled into my grandpa's driveway circa 2005, playing Queens of the Stone Age loud enough he could hear it in the garage and he chastised me for playing n-word music. I just laughed and I don't think he ever understood why

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sharizard posted:

In 2019, I was walking back to work in downtown Chicago after grabbing some lunch. A guy walking in the opposite direction passed me and spoke angrily in another language at me. Then he peppered it into a sentence He definitely made sure I heard the entire word, hard R. Then he spat at me. The motherfucker. Hope every day he's had since has been extremely awful, in the worst way possible.

Wow, that's where i live and i've never heard it. Sorry you had to deal w that

saying the n-word in downtown chicago is fairly ballsy considering the high number of POC down there, i hope that guy got some sense knocked into him since

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sentinel posted:

I cant remember the last time i heard the hard R.
But grandpa was over during thanksgiving and was in Korea and tossed around Z****head a few times. A real Holiday treat.
Hope that helps OP.

I cant help but chuckle at silly old timey racism like this, it sounds like a nursery rhyme thing when you're not familiar w the context. "moon cricket" is another one that makes me go :stonklol:

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The last time I heard it in real life as an insult is when some spicehead shouted it at my friend (who is actually of Pakistani descent).

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

On Monday, op. I walked through the doors of the finishing room in my wood shop and two students were listening to David Allen Coe on one of their phones while talking about about "n's".

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

My mother in law using it as a description of a shade of purple, of all things. She apparently drives a bright purple car but she felt it was important to clarify that the car is purple, but not n-purple. My wife gave her a ton of poo poo for that but we couldn’t for the life of us figure out what the gently caress that was even supposed to mean.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Quote is not edit

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Chrs posted:

The last time I heard it in real life as an insult is when some spicehead shouted it at my friend (who is actually of Pakistani descent).

Spicehead sounds like a pretty heavy duty slur. For who I’m not sure, though.

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Spicehead sounds like a pretty heavy duty slur. For who I’m not sure, though.

i think that's a slur against the noble fremen people of arrakis

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was on the bus, this lady starts screaming and hollering, and saying a guy was threatening her, and they start loudly shouting at each other.

Guy voluntarily leaves and she just blurts it out like three times in a row.

People get pissed off, tell her she needs to shut the gently caress up, but several just go sit by her and try to explain to this pale rear end karen why she can't/shouldn't be talking like that, in the gentlest possible way.

her retort was to say she's actually black though and she was laughed off the bus pretty quickly? i dunno it was surreal as poo poo and that was earlier this year

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzxZ8qtdun0&t=30s

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I was working at a Lowe’s in KY back in 2005 building picnic tables and an old dude remarked on my Florida license plate and let me know he used to live in Duval county but left and came back because there were too many Ns there.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

PiratePrentice posted:

i think that's a slur against the noble fremen people of arrakis

My uncle is a navigator, it's not ok

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
when I wheeled around and hissed it at an inanimate object that snagged my clothing as I walked past it. I dont think anybody was around to hear me probably

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
In 2016 was working at a site in Waco and the son of the owner was taking me out to lunch. When asked where he was taking me, he replied to that co-worker "we're gonna head over to n-word town for some barbecue."

Dude knew me for all of 2 hours, imagine if my wife or family was black? I was already hating life just being in Waco, but that solidified it as the worst place I've ever visited.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The last time I saw a Tarantino film.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I kind of wish upper management at my work would just be open and use that word. Then it’d be clear where they stand. Instead they say they totally don’t tolerate racism, and hire lots of POC. But every single person in upper management is a white male. POC cannot rise up beyond low level management, even if they’ve been with the company for 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Doing Christmas with the family this year so.... negative 3 days.

yep. it was christmas eve. uncle jimmy is nothing if not reliable. well, and also racist, i guess. reliably racist.