Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

A friend gave me some banana heavy rum so I’m going to try an eggnog or two tonight

Is it just a coincidence that it uses egg and you can blame your barfing everywhere on salmonella instead of over drinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
I’ve been aging Alton Brown’s nog recipe for a month and a half now in the fridge. Takes up kind of a lot of room in there. Will report back when I drink the old boozy egg milk.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Troubadour posted:

I made about a half gallon of it the other night from scratch, using the Joy of Cooking recipe and a half bottle of cheap bourbon. I've done it before salmonella style, but this time I heated the eggs to 175 degrees and it turned out great. I put some of it into some small bottles from Ikea and will be giving those away as gifts.

I've always made the JoC recipe (well, not always, a few times I made Chef John's cooked version); the alcohol content comes out to about 40% and kills most of the baddies in a few hours of letting it sit in the fridge. If you're feeling careful, let it sit for a few days or at least overnight, or be a total pussy ad heat it through, refrigerate, and let it cool overnight again.

Made a batch yesterday morning, had some before bed, and am still alive.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

NOG
EM
UP

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Ya'll can have the nog, I'm just here for the hambeezy

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
eggnog get a man boozy

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

At ease, Cadet

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Grasshoppers are better, especially when made with mint ice cream. Does require a blender though

edit: At least both are better than what the grandparents did back in the 60s where they'd just drink green Creme de Menthe straight poured over crushed ice, loving midwestern space aliens

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/USNatArchives/status/1606307654107807748?s=20&t=ZyFJ3BbOiSmppta-Rw_jrQ

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

simple. no bullshit. the way a nog should be. Ike nog.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Asterite34 posted:

Grasshoppers are better, especially when made with mint ice cream. Does require a blender though

edit: At least both are better than what the grandparents did back in the 60s where they'd just drink green Creme de Menthe straight poured over crushed ice, loving midwestern space aliens

This was a thing even into the early 80’s. I’m not sure why ‘alcoholic mint Slushie’ ever went away? Actually a pretty good time.

e: although I only drank these as a kid.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

best eggnog recipe:

first you crack an egg into your mouth. You pour a little heavy cream in there along with a shot of the whiskey of your choice(cheaper the better). You shake your head vigorously like you are saying no over and over. Swallow it down.

Then you do a rail of nutmeg off a kenny chesney christmas cd.

works every time.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

ManBoyChef posted:

Then you do a rail of nutmeg off a kenny chesney christmas cd.

All I have is Garth. Will that still work?

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
Brioche french toast made with nog instead of milk is :discourse:

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Bum the Sad posted:

All I have is Garth. Will that still work?

yes. Better mix it with some crushed up beef boullion cubes just to be on the safe side.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

NoSlacking posted:

Do you often freeze and store your cum?

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

If you learn to make your own you can have egg nog whenever you want.

:stonkhat:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
This right here, the first one in this video, is some really good nog. Made this at a Christmas party and my friend was talking about it for weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyG93WoVZFY&t=709s

Or if you don't want to watch the video:

.5 oz -or- 15 ml Simple Syrup
.5 oz -or- 15 ml Luxardo Maraschino
2 oz -or- 60 ml Bourbon - Used Baker's
1 whole egg
Dry shake
Add ice and shake again
Strain into glass
Top with whole milk (or you milk of choice)
Grate some nutmeg and orange zest

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Just getting absolutely shitcannd on some 4lokos mixed with half and half 1:1 ratio

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Imma puke and start a fight idk what order et

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

puking just means you can drink more (eggnog) afterwards

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013

Torquemada posted:

This was a thing even into the early 80’s. I’m not sure why ‘alcoholic mint Slushie’ ever went away? Actually a pretty good time.

e: although I only drank these as a kid.

There were a bunch of recipes for these in the 60's Playboy Magazine bartender's guide I found in a thrift store in college and they were pretty tasty. Pretty much any liqueur is nice poured over crushed ice. I think the technical term for it is a frappe and I'm surprised I've never seen anyplace selling them.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Drinking some eggnog flavor ale that my brother made. Delicious

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I like 2 parts cognac, 1 part dark rum, but has a lot of room for improvement

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Okay so if you want to get really tuned up on christmas I have yet one more patented maneuver for you that is sure to impress the hell out of your big cousins.

First you get a 16oz bottle of Mountain Dew Code Red.

drink it about half way

crack an egg into it.

pour in two shots of evan williams

add 1/4 cup oat milk that has been in the fridge since the summer

place finger over mouth of the bottle and shake well

spray explosive mixture all over aunts white carpet and furniture

proceed to poop pants

blame mess on the dog

*to pull this off you need to already be really drunk

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Egg nog? More like egg not-for-me, thanks

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

SonOfGhostDad posted:

Egg nog? More like egg not-for-me, thanks

more like egg nog

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
gently caress, it was right there

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ManBoyChef posted:

Okay so if you want to get really tuned up on christmas I have yet one more patented maneuver for you that is sure to impress the hell out of your big cousins.

drink it about half way

crack an egg into it.

proceed to poop pants

blame mess on the dog

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

ManBoyChef posted:

drink it about half way

crack an egg into it.

proceed to poop pants

blame mess on the dog

How do you get the egg into the bottle? Asking for a friend who definitely didn't drop a raw egg onto the kitchen counter.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

How do you get the egg into the bottle? Asking for a friend who definitely didn't drop a raw egg onto the kitchen counter.

VERY CAREFULLY!!!!! XD

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I enjoy eggnog every year, but this year my first taste resulted in violent diarrhea. I may be done with eggnog now.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

PyPy posted:

I enjoy eggnog every year, but this year my first taste resulted in violent diarrhea. I may be done with eggnog now.

what does regular milk do to you because that sounds like my experience with lactose intolerance

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

what does regular milk do to you because that sounds like my experience with lactose intolerance

I drink milk everyday. 2%

I think I got a bad batch, it WAS the last carton on the store shelf

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

PyPy posted:

that does seem likely, then

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I got a vitamix over the summer and ever since nog has been on the shelf again I've been blending bananas and nog and making banananog. it's good

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I am curious about something - how many people who like eggnog also like Cinnabon?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

PyPy posted:

It was probably one an employee found on the shelf in the chip aisle and put back.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

edit: sorry all, thought this was the eggjog thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Are you a lazy piece of poo poo who can't be bothered to mix alcohol with store bought nog?

Buy this instead!

We call it "milk wine."