Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you finish your resolution?
Yes
No
I’m just doing this as a long term banme
View Results

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
I'm very bad at being a weeb and usually read manga instead of watching anime, so for my :toxx: I'll be watching 5 anime that I've never seen but pretty much everyone else has and writing reviews in this thread.
1. Evangelion
2. K-On
3. Toradora
4. Haruhi
5. Lucky Star

Also this one's not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but I just learned that Dinosaur King is on Netflix and I feel like watching it so add that to my list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Chicken Thumbs posted:

I'm very bad at being a weeb and usually read manga instead of watching anime, so for my :toxx: I'll be watching 5 anime that I've never seen but pretty much everyone else has and writing reviews in this thread.
1. Evangelion
2. K-On
3. Toradora
4. Haruhi
5. Lucky Star

Also this one's not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but I just learned that Dinosaur King is on Netflix and I feel like watching it so add that to my list.

As of right now I've watched 0 of these I've got to get my poo poo together.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Namtab posted:

how we doing? im doing poorly

I'm almost done but getting through Dinosaur King is proving to be more of a slog than anticipated

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Chicken Thumbs posted:

1. Evangelion
2. K-On
3. Toradora
4. Haruhi
5. Lucky Star

1. Watched the original series and End of Eva. Turns out the anime that everyone says is good was good. I feel like this would have hit me like a truck if I saw it when I was younger, but as it stands I can see why it was such a classic. No plans to watch the Rebuilds at this time.
2. Sweet and pleasant, not much to say other than I liked it. Mugi is best K-on.
3. Perfectly serviceable. Slightly disappointed that I didn't like it more than I do because one of my favorite character archetypes is "I am 8 ounces of whoopass." Wish I had more to say about it but I don't.
4. I enjoyed Haruhi quite a bit, I can see why it altered people's brain chemistry at the time. I know if I watched it while it came out I would have loved the hell out of it, and probably would have been an incredibly obnoxious "Kyon is like me fr fr" type. Watched the first episode of Endless 8, then half-watched the others while grinding in an RPG so I don't get full points. Mikuru deserved better.
5. Unfortunately I have no strong feelings about Lucky Star. It was cute and fun, but it didn't grab me the way K-on did.
6. I added this to my list on a whim and I kind of regret it. I kind of enjoyed myself, but it really felt like it dragged on. For some reason the episode that sticks out in my mind the most is the Journey to the West one, which was hilarious to watched dubbed. After all, what American child in 2007 didn't know about Journey to the West?

I'm happy I finally watched these, even if some of them didn't live up to my expectations.