Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jonny Nox posted:

Oh no, you don’t understand. Carrie Fisher was on a Disney Contract. They now own her personality, likeness, and soul to perpetuity, throughout this universe and all others. The hellgates need alignment, but she will be Princess Leia forever once the perpetuity engine is online.

They are going to mint Carrie Fisher as an NFT and you'll be able to buy her, in the metaverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PostNouveau posted:

Did they kill his character or every movie does someone go "Man, it's too bad the original main character of this franchise decided to retire from being a car-based heist artist to spend more time with his family"?
The latter haha

In F9, his wife (Vin Diesel's character's sister) rejoins the crew after stepping away to be a mother and she says something about the kids being with Brian (Paul Walker's character). And then at the end of that movie, the characters have a cookout and Paul Walker's character's car pulls up and it cuts to credits. He isn't shown.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/1661747675845496836?s=20

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PostNouveau posted:

Just finished up Mrs. Davis. Great show, told a complete story in 8 episodes despite being a Lindelof joint.

You might have to push through the first two episodes or so. It's extremely weird, and a lot of the absurdism in the early going comes off as just random for random's sake, but most of the out-there poo poo does wind up being tied back into a coherent plot in the end.

Hell yeah I really enjoyed this. It definitely got weird but it hung together and had some excellent acting. Betty Gilpin was fantastic, holy crap amazing comedic timing.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Holy loving poo poo Y'all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBk4NYhWNMM

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

priznat posted:

Hell yeah I really enjoyed this. It definitely got weird but it hung together and had some excellent acting. Betty Gilpin was fantastic, holy crap amazing comedic timing.

It's shocking how well it hangs together. If you told me after I watched the first 2 episodes that they stuck the landing, I would have been astounded because it really looks early on like they're building up to a humongous loving mess of an ending.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I was kinda looking forward to this, but it looks like it's going to be pretty bad

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

That DICK! posted:

Carrie Fischer. Paul Walker. Tina Turner.

I hardly know 'er!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

It's shocking how well it hangs together. If you told me after I watched the first 2 episodes that they stuck the landing, I would have been astounded because it really looks early on like they're building up to a humongous loving mess of an ending.

I loved the big reveal too, lmao. Amazingly timely as well with all the hubbub about AI/LLMs lately.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

someone described it as a sequel to the lego movie but its the other end of the house and that would actually be decently clever if it was

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Space Kablooey posted:

I was kinda looking forward to this, but it looks like it's going to be pretty bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Oh look. A toys in the real world movie and Will Ferrell is an evil executive.

Anyways, my kids watched a ton of Barbie’s Dreamhouse when they were young so I’m good for ironically aware Barbie entertainment.

Edit: Barbie’s Dreamhouse was actually pretty good, though.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i feel like that movie exists to be dissected into twitter reaction gifs

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

finally a use for that "rights to your name and likeness in perpetuity" clause

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

Oh look. A toys in the real world movie and Will Ferrell is an evil executive.

will ferrell becoming typecast as somewhat-evil toy company CEO has got to be up there for extremely specific typecasting

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i calls it likes i sees its

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I'm hyped for this movie.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

looks like corporate dogshit to me op

although, having watched 2001 I will say the barbie trailer's dawn of man was a definite improvement on the source material

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I will watch Barbie, but the people posting about it does not fill me with confidence

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I have to assume the people disappointed by that trailer had just gotten so caught up in the Barbie/Oppenheimer meme they forgot Barbie is a movie for literal children.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Not gonna watch this

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

wow that trailer did have big kenergy. cant wait to see this movie on a plane 5 years from now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It doesn’t look terrible I’ll probably watch it on HBO MAX Discovery plus

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gonna see a double feature of Barbie and Oppenheimer

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Gripweed posted:

I have to assume the people disappointed by that trailer had just gotten so caught up in the Barbie/Oppenheimer meme they forgot Barbie is a movie for literal children.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 26, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i probably will not see the barbie movie but i will read the wikipedia summary of its plot to see if they ended up doing anything clever in it

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbh i needed the reminder because i forgot reeve died 18 years ago lol

If only there were a prolific poster itt letting us know of celebrity deaths :(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The most interesting thing I heard about the Barbie movie was from some gossip site that apparently Eva Mendes does not enjoy Ryan being in a permanent state of hairless-spray tan for the movie promotion and saying "I want my pale hairy boy back" lmao

Shoutout to all the pale hairy boys out there

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

That DICK! posted:

Carrie Fischer. Paul Walker. Tina Turner.

I hardly even know her

edit: beaten badly

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

MAX's alphabetized catalogue has any movie that starts with 'The' under T. :negative:

The Max, The

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/LumpyTheCook/status/1661746291360301059?t=_bxUR-JJNmzuF-Ri7mX5Eg&s=19

Lol I got an automatic driver update for my GPU just for this hunk of poo poo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

A gollum game could be a funny idea, there are heroes and villains running around and you just play as a little mini goblin freak who steals their dinner or whatever

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/LumpyTheCook/status/1661746291360301059?t=_bxUR-JJNmzuF-Ri7mX5Eg&s=19

Lol I got an automatic driver update for my GPU just for this hunk of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/officialpcmr/status/1661790642064834561?s=46

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
At least Crysis was actually doing something with the space age hardware requirements

Vakal
May 11, 2008

priznat posted:

A gollum game could be a funny idea, there are heroes and villains running around and you just play as a little mini goblin freak who steals their dinner or whatever

We already have that game.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
dude hit the jackpot when george decided "clone war" meant everybody is boba fett

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1661837730236473370

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Stink Billyums posted:

dude hit the jackpot when george decided "clone war" meant everybody is boba fett

Gimme a mill budget Tem and we'll make something where you actually act again

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Stink Billyums posted:

It’s like how if you starred on a classic Star Trek series they made it very clear you never had to work again, just do the con circuit

Except for temuera it’s just an endless list of completely interchangeable roles that are all literal clones of each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

get that money 🫡