Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/FAspokesperson/status/1611392656969707520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What even happened? This is the first I've heard or seen about it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Frankston posted:

What even happened? This is the first I've heard or seen about it.

Arsenal players going full Barcelona on the ref when they didn't get a handball pen in the 95th minute or something like that

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Real sad news, great player and seemed a nice guy as well

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheRat posted:

Arsenal players going full Barcelona on the ref when they didn't get a handball pen in the 95th minute or something like that

I also didn’t see it, but it was probably justified and I am sure it is the refs that are the problem.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

blue footed boobie posted:

I also didn’t see it, but it was probably justified and I am sure it is the refs that are the problem.

alright arsene

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tragic; he’d been dealing with this in a realistic and thoughtful way since 2018. I’m really glad he got to play such a big role in the euro win; he deserved nothing less.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/nizaarkinsella/status/1612152510952644609?s=46&t=sKdGTe6OPzfZcB-MQI9J5Q

I think Potter might be in a bit of trouble

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
They should probably just spend a lot more money on new players

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

To be fair when you entirely not suspiciously draw the same team, the domestic champions, for both cups it's not exactly a huge shock to lose both games.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Dudley posted:

To be fair when you entirely not suspiciously draw the same team, the domestic champions, for both cups it's not exactly a huge shock to lose both games.
What are you insinuating here

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The whole "first time in 25 years" thing is irrelevant when you have the context that it's Man City

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah, the team might well be poo poo, it might well be Potter's fault but losing to the best team in the country twice is not in itself a crisis for any team.

Like last year, they drew Chesterfield. If that happened yesterday chances are they'd be in the 4th round. The last team they went out in the 3rd round too was the other Manchester.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think it's more the combination of being eliminated from both cups while also having an incredibly poor record in the league in the last few months

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Considering all the stories were boehly wanted potter in the summer they should have given him the job then when he could have signed players he specifically wanted

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah, buying a bunch of players for Tuchel and then immediately firing him once the window closed was an odd move.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/sportsbriefcom/status/1612435627055661062?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Bobby m's agent is the hardest working man in football

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Martinez has to be near the top of the bald frauds list at this point.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lloris has retired from international football

https://twitter.com/equipedefrance/status/1612522844025679873

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

(recordman)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't like all these players I've watched while an adult retiring

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

remember when gareth bale was a poo poo left-back that harry redknapp told to run abaht a bit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64214855

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

It hit me when the son of Peter Schmeichel was old enough to retire

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:same:

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Now he can focus on being a liability for spurs, good

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

finally. maignan knows how to stop a pen

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheRat posted:

It hit me when the son of Peter Schmeichel was old enough to retire

Noted boy wonder who’s about to come good Theo Walcott is 34 this year.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Walcott was taken to the World Cup for the experience of it in…uhh…2006!?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Three-oh Walcott came and went without incident

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

harperdc posted:

Walcott was taken to the World Cup for the experience of it in…uhh…2006!?

Oh no

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Freddy Adu is (at least) 33 and unemployed now

he scored 31 goals

that's not in a season, he scored 31 goals total as a professional football player and greatest american

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

the sex ghost posted:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

FullLeatherJacket posted:

he scored 31 goals

that's not in a season, he scored 31 goals total as a professional football player and greatest american

One day I’d like someone to do a long form investigative piece on whatever it was that happened with Adu. Even assuming there was some age fraud he was playing in some Finnish lower league and the NASL when he was supposed to be like 25. It never really added up even if you assume he was like 5 years older than he said.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

And that was still Sven in charge.

One day I’d like someone to do a long form investigative piece on whatever it was that happened with Adu. Even assuming there was some age fraud he was playing in some Finnish lower league and the NASL when he was supposed to be like 25. It never really added up even if you assume he was like 5 years older than he said.

I could swear there was some decent longform on Adu but I can’t find it quickly searching.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I think the Euros was the first England squad with no player older than me, so it's only a matter of time before I'm older than everyone in the PL and then start sliding past the managers too.

Unless James Miller just keeps playing forever.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
im six months younger than ronaldo but a month older than rooney so either i might be a veiny adonis or irish james gandolfini idk :shrug:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Qatar want to buy a minority stake in Tottenham Hotspur, and it sounds like only UEFA's rules prohibiting the same owners from having multiple clubs in the Champions League are preventing them from trying to buy the whole club.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

An irrelevant country for an irrelevant club.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

vyelkin posted:

multiple clubs in the Champions League

That's going to fix itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

he scored 31 goals

You're making much Adu over nothing.

hello