Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Afaik the game is over and I won't be checking thread until it's time to read a flip or three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

Why are you so eager to trust claimed scum unquestioningly?

I wouldn't put it that way, it's just like I fun and just robotically voting out 3 specific people in a row at this point is a little dull, which I think is probably what'll happen. Just wanted a little bit of the ol' debate and consideration

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Not really, I’m kind of annoyed by the developments atm. It’s immediately no longer mafia and some kind of mod psychological analysis.

I'm still playin' mafia, vote scum, vote monathin

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

shwinnebego posted:

eh, i think it's just giving claimed scum a chance to invent more bullshit and sow more FUD (e.g., monathin's latest post)

I can't really wrap my head around "scum that is actually bad for town to vote out"

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

I literally just got this information from the mod OP, sorry for the realistic delays on communication and that I do not have a telepathic link with ecco

i would like to gently remind you that i do not have a telepathic link with you, and i also do not know that you are telling the truth about anything. core feature of this game that's worth remembering.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan your flames.

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is an odd post isn't it

Idk if it's odd, it brought to the surface what I was thinking somewhere in the back of my mind, and then I remembered the last similar game I played with players getting converted into seemingly random alignments every time they "died" turned into a headache that was fun as a puzzle but torture as a mafia game

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Sandwolf posted:

Not really, I’m kind of annoyed by the developments atm. It’s immediately no longer mafia and some kind of mod psychological analysis.

Exactly

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Even if whatever you guys are saying is correct, idk why you guys didn't just make up a case and push me

Maybe you guys are scum that get powered up when you kill certain townies?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

I can't really wrap my head around "scum that is actually bad for town to vote out"

What about “eliminating someone exclusively because claimed scum told you to”?

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

shwinnebego posted:

eh, i think it's just giving claimed scum a chance to invent more bullshit and sow more FUD (e.g., monathin's latest post)

Yes but then it gives other people a chance to agree that it looks like bullshit, lol

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
If we're wrong and there isn't some other bullshit going on with this game, I'd like to take the chance to say that Sand is right and that this is a lovely play (at least from my pov). I regret having claimed and I'm sorry. Like, it may have been funny in the moment but I don't think being funny is worth hijacking a whole-rear end game with 25 people in it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

If we're wrong and there isn't some other bullshit going on with this game, I'd like to take the chance to say that Sand is right and that this is a lovely play (at least from my pov). I regret having claimed and I'm sorry. Like, it may have been funny in the moment but I don't think being funny is worth hijacking a whole-rear end game with 25 people in it.

You had more than half the town convinced you were town, op!!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sandwolf posted:

I know!! It would have been more fun to keep going! What was I thinking!

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Even if whatever you guys are saying is correct, idk why you guys didn't just make up a case and push me

Maybe you guys are scum that get powered up when you kill certain townies?

I'm completely out of whatever loop everyone else seems to be in, but yeah, that last part is why I don't want to kill you before killing one of the claimed scum. Sure, you could be lying, you could be the "real scum" or whatever is going on, but then if we flip Monathin and we see that he flips scum, it's gonna force us to stop and think, "hmm, why would he openly claim as scum?" versus if we kill you today and you turn out to be town and the scumteam gets like 10 vig shots from it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Anyway, let's just turbo ##vote mona

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

shwinnebego posted:

i would like to gently remind you that i do not have a telepathic link with you, and i also do not know that you are telling the truth about anything. core feature of this game that's worth remembering.

I have told you everything I have as information at this point. It's up to you if you want to believe me or make up additional reasons to turbo me or at least play with me in the space.

Hell if you flip Moz and I'm wrong you can turbo me or vig me tomorrow, idc.

In my opinion, my standard scum wincon was completely blown. I would rather not this game end in just a bunch of rote voting of scum. Even if I wasn't scum.

So I'm trying to make this fun, play with me in the space, for god's sake.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hey, at least I had a relatively good game re calls.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Monathin posted:

I have told you everything I have as information at this point. It's up to you if you want to believe me or make up additional reasons to turbo me or at least play with me in the space.

Hell if you flip Moz and I'm wrong you can turbo me or vig me tomorrow, idc.

In my opinion, my standard scum wincon was completely blown. I would rather not this game end in just a bunch of rote voting of scum. Even if I wasn't scum.

The game is over, all the scum are caught. Goodnight sweet prince.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Monathin posted:

Hey if you are telling the truth then no worries, as Windward says, even if your flip doesn't have any language about Moritz in it, the mere fact that you flipped scum will force us to at least consider that you and your buds had a good reason to claim

game still has potential to be fun!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mona what if we killed salad or Meen instead of you?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

What about “eliminating someone exclusively because claimed scum told you to”?

I am incredulous both ways. I can neither see a reality where flipping TM makes all the scum magically turn town, nor a reality where flipping TM makes all the scum become septuple voters who instantly win the game

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Honestly, I'm seriously tempted to refrain from voting Monathin purely out of flavor and respect for the extremely ballsy move this just was. I dunno about the rest of you though?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sandwolf posted:

I'm only a godfather so my death would be least damaging to the scumteam as a whole, such as that is atm. That being said I'd prefer not to die before we have a chance to see if we're right about Moritz.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Even if their suspected wincon is correct, it's a bit lame to just all come out as scum and go "okay just vote this person off and we can all win".

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What if we flip Moritz and it turns out that Mona, Meen and Salad are full of poo poo, so then we kill them one at a time, and then the game is still going, and maybe we shouldn’t have listened to the scum first.

Reminder, to everyone, again, that Ecco once gave INACCURATE FLAVOR implicating me for a kill I didn’t do. Even trusting your own flavor is nor recommended.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sandwolf posted:

Neither of them will explode like a pinata, so marginally better for me than town. I'll leave whether they want to throw themselves on the mercy of the scum up to them.

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Sandwolf posted:

Actually this brings up an interesting point.

Let's say I believe them for a minute.

If the scum team does not know if there is a second scum team and only knows their own team and that Moritz is the boss, they would also know their numbers are unfavorable for winning in the current situation, because they comprise less than 25% of the player count (the average mafia balance).

So if they know this info, they would also know they shouldn't bus anyone on their team, and that anyone else in the game could plausibly be "real scum", but instead there was still a heavy amount of TMI displayed, like for example all the votes on me got dropped by about halfway through the day. And from their POV, they wouldn't know whether I'm town or on an alternate scum team. So wouldn't it be to their advantage to continue trying to push me out, along with shwinn, to keep the wagons even more divided to avoid a clord flip? Because even though he flipped vanilla, it hurts them to lose a number in an already too-small team.

My point is, I can't completely rationalize the way the claimed scum played yesterday, from the perspective that they don't know who is town or not. They played like a typical scum team.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mercy of the town. I am LITERALLY in a meeting right now, excuse my incoherence.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Well, regardless of what happens I guess I can ##unvote for now while we decide what to do.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hey i was right

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
god i am so loving good at this game

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Sandwolf posted:

I also wanted to ask this question tbh

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

What if we flip Moritz and it turns out that Mona, Meen and Salad are full of poo poo, so then we kill them one at a time, and then the game is still going, and maybe we shouldn’t have listened to the scum first.

Reminder, to everyone, again, that Ecco once gave INACCURATE FLAVOR implicating me for a kill I didn’t do. Even trusting your own flavor is nor recommended.

What would be different in that case if we flip those three first and the game continues?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

NeverHelm posted:

Honestly, I'm seriously tempted to refrain from voting Monathin purely out of flavor and respect for the extremely ballsy move this just was. I dunno about the rest of you though?

I’m not

##vote monathin

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm 10 pages behind and sick as hell so I'm not reading this today. Apologies. If I'm not better by tomorrow I'll ask for a replacement

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm 10 pages behind and sick as hell so I'm not reading this today. Apologies. If I'm not better by tomorrow I'll ask for a replacement

Mona, meen, and Jimmy scum claimed

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

saladscooper posted:

I'm only a godfather so my death would be least damaging to the scumteam as a whole, such as that is atm. That being said I'd prefer not to die before we have a chance to see if we're right about Moritz.

Great, so now we have a godfather and a miller claim 🙄
That sure is interesting cause if it's meant to imply there's a cop, then what kind of scum does the miller show up as, if there's really a second scum team?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Well I wouldn't be too mad if I get turbo'd. Im kinda stuck in a hard place regardless of who flip first so like whatever

Like seriously what am I supposed to do, either as a townie or whatever boss person I'm supposed to be, so you can just turbo me if it means the scum team stop sulking

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
me rereading my flavor: oh that is interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindwardAway
Aug 22, 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

Even if their suspected wincon is correct, it's a bit lame to just all come out as scum and go "okay just vote this person off and we can all win".

I don't think voting you out would end the game, even if they're telling the truth
Which is why I'm skeptical
There has to be more at play here, regardless of whether they're telling the truth or lying