Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can just say you have anxiety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
oh did they change that? when I helped a family member get it it was terminal diseases only and you needed two doctors to sign off (one for terminal diagnosis and one weed doctor who said you could use weed)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you go on a teams call with a doctor and say you have anxiety and like idk ibs

$250

worth it for how cheap the weed is once you get the card

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

god I need to get my union to bother HR in the next negotiation

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

euphronius posted:

oh yeah Pennsylvania has weed everywhere

it’s cheap and amazing

New York, New Jersey and Maryland all have legal recreational weed.
West Virginia will probably get it before we do, then us then maybe Ohio.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it may get through this year. the only hold out is Corman I think

assembly and governor both want it

inauguration is next week we will see

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

one of my friends has a theory that they only reason we don’t have it yet is becuase state GOP senators did not want to give a huge win to a democratic gov (wolf). but now that the governorship looks out of reach for a long time it maybe they they relent

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

euphronius posted:

one of my friends has a theory that they only reason we don’t have it yet is becuase state GOP senators did not want to give a huge win to a democratic gov (wolf). but now that the governorship looks out of reach for a long time it maybe they they relent

I guess it's really up to how much the succ elemental they are making speaker can convince the senate to go along with it

also good luck to the chinatown coalition in their effort to destroy the 76's ambitions

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a stadium would be good there without considering the neighbors pov

it’s just a big empty mall now over tons of public transportation

hopefully something can be worked out

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

euphronius posted:

a stadium would be good there without considering the neighbors pov

it’s just a big empty mall now over tons of public transportation

hopefully something can be worked out

It hasn't been empty for a few years. They would be crushing the theatre and an arcade. Though a lot of the other stores around there have been moving out recently and i suspect it's a bunch of 76ers shell companies buying up the adjacent retail (not to demolish but to control the rent once the stadium goes in). My friend is super bummed that they closed the marshalls out of nowhere.

they should put the spectrum branding back on wells fargo if the sixers do move out

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
remember when stadiums and arenas had real names? Veteran's Stadium? The Spectrum? The E-center?

now everything be like The GoldenNugget.com Center

I remember

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bring back the FU Center

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

platzapS posted:

love this city

every school in this city is either some 100 year old classic revivalist beauty or some loving chicken wire and tin roofed bullshit with nothing in between

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

no

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it pretty much is like that yeah esp in south and west Philadelphia. the northeast isn't actually part of the city, it's only considered such for electoral reasons

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
the elementary school on my street looks more like a prison

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

indigi posted:

it pretty much is like that yeah esp in south and west Philadelphia. the northeast isn't actually part of the city, it's only considered such for electoral reasons

i grew up in northeast philly and we're truly the red headed step children of Philly. It's essentially full of chuds looking to live in a buffer area between the city city and Bucks county

also cops

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
rhawnhurst goons represent

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
what do philly ppl think of jersey mike's and more specifically it's cheesesteaks. i like the big kahuna if i'm feeling really piggy

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

what do philly ppl think of jersey mike's and more specifically it's cheesesteaks. i like the big kahuna if i'm feeling really piggy

our eternal god king (danny devito) endorsed them so we need to support jersey mikes now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why would I ever go to a chain that isn't Primos

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

too much bread, bad bread, not enough meat, not the right meat, not enough cheese

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
What do Blossburg bros think of Long John Silver?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The best hoagie in Philly is the shooter special from Cosmi's.

If you don't know what a pepper shooter is, it's a big round cherry pepper hollowed out then stuffed with prosciutto and provolone. They're then put in a jar with oil.

At Cosmi's they take a long roll, layer it with the dankest, funkiest, sharpest provolone, drape prosciutto on top of that, and then ladle on diced up pepper shooters, the filling of this giant eclair.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

indigi posted:

wtf you moved to my old neighborhood

the closest Sheetz to me is 35 miles away and I've only been to one once, but Wawa has been going downhill since the aggressive Florida expansion and the move away from Amoroso's rolls means there's no reason to buy a sandwich there anymore. so, Sheetz

something needs to Happen to florida. they destroyed wawa--not only the amorosos, but the meat and cheese went massively downhill. they must be made to pay for their sins

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

this park had statues of the two italian-american goats: columbus and marconi

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cosmo's is very good. sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004