Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
okay sure, work is boring me anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

hello I just woke up and am an active participant in this here game of maf-i-yay

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

Once you get caught up, lemme get your read on me

why is it you want my read on you and not like, anyone you suspect

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Green Wing posted:

The sleepy gun vampire has a point this was 30 minutes ago

dogg when I say "I just woke up" I mean I rolled over, grabbed my phone, saw the game started and posted

how the gently caress are you all so active at nine thirty on the morning

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

Because I was the hot topic of the hour

But I'll take all reads

my read on you is: firmly apathetic

do not demand my attention again lest you find it more than you can bear, human

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

It wasn't a demand, but I'll bear all you can give me

How about reads on other people?

watch this space for further reads as time progresses and information accumulates

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

binus is oddly engaged and idk if that's because the setup is interesting or if it's because he's holding something neat

that's less a ping and more an observation but

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rhymes With Clue posted:

All right, so it looks to me as if only two players are gonna get roles by voting, and the likelihood that one of them will be me is slight. Slim. Vaporous, even.

Therefore:

Elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist
Waves to spechat, blows a kiss

Also profuse thanks for Voodoo and Shell!

whatcha doin

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Illusionis posted:

For serious tho psycho has a bunch of posts and appears to be getting engaged in the game, yet their only scum read is on me for 2 posts. Smells like somebody trying to go for the easy participation route and not ruffling feathers by not having a lot of scum reads, a good 6/10 on the ol scummy-o-meter

this is not an unreasonable position, postcount leaders are there for a reason

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yata posted:

Still mostly observing and too insecure to share anything concrete.

Yata posted:

No, in fact there are hardly any users I am more sure of they are town than her.

hrm hrm hrm hrm hrm

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Illusionis posted:

Iggy is the greatest viggy
Always good for a song and dance,
I've knit him a sweater,
fit for any weather.
be careful when go in to hot tubs
you don't want to bite off to much.

it is my sincere hope that you are non-fatally electrocuted

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

"there's a logical reason for vote leaders d1 in a game that incentivizes people to vote spread out"

there's no benefit to casting your vote willy-nilly, that's not what I was arguing, and you're smart enough to know that

##vote toalpaz

lovely drive-by post slamming a bunch of people but not actually putting up anything of substance, dishonorable posting, your posting art is a dog's

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yata posted:

Also
##vote toalpaz

please explain your vote

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm comfortable with my vote on death cob. Kinda weird to prod someone for voting someone that you also think is scum.

when someone just drops an effortless vote on your choice, you have to think about why they're doing so and why they elected to not provide their own read on the situation. absolutely not weird to question every vote!

also why the gently caress is bif appearing to claim... survivor teammate? I guess one of them has to die for both to win but god drat, self-bussing yourself D1 seems to really stunt your chances to win

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

I think my psycho vote is pretty good. Psycho’s reaction to the light pressure was post vomit which seems scummy too.

I think psycho is still fairly new and finding their bearings, personally. They're not good-looking posts but I don't think they're scum, necessarily.

What do you think of Toalpaz? Deadline is in three hours (the middle of the American workday is harsh lmao), they're tied for vote leader, and we know you're not gonna vote yourself.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

I am very much not new

sorry, only going off of what VoteFinder has if you've played a while offsite

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

merk posted:

If you haven’t faked that English is your second language on your alt to avoid being eliminated for sounding awkward, then can you even say you’re dedicated to mafia?

god you are capable of incredible bastardry

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

I think Psycho and Wind came from the same site/mafia champs? Yami recruits basically.

What's the case on Psycho again? Too strong of calls for D1?

my call is that they're trying to stir up/guide discussion a bit too much, which isn't immediately scummy but like... I could be persuaded to put my vote there if we can't do Toal

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

not feeling votes on merk or Toal (haven't read Toal yet to be honest)

imo the case on toal is basically that they dumped a bunch of lovely reads in one post and that's been the total of their participation this game

it's D1 so the bar is pretty low tbh but I would expect something ever so slightly higher

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't understand how merk is simultaneously voting me (presumably bc he thinks I'm scum) and also would be willing to vote the person I think is scum.

bussing is not uncommon, alternatively he may be thinking that if you flip scum someone else may not be (or vice versa)

Green Wing posted:

##vote Maerlyn

idk if this is gonna get six votes in forty five minutes

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

saladscooper posted:

anyone else around for deadline? i may be in and out cause it's close to dinnertime here but I'll pop on to help lunch someone if need be

I should be around but my vote's probably not shifting unless someone posts something highly compelling or we need to avoid a lunchless day

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Right now the votecount makes it look to me like it's scum/scum wagons at the top. And both top vote leaders have been around and have declined to self-pres on the other one. Hmmm.

elaborate please

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Rhymes With Clue posted:

You know how someetimes it's really really hard to get scum on D1 because a buknch of people sit on vanity wagons? And then they turn out to be scum who don't want to bus.

it's p. hard to get scum d1 in general imo

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

All Items have been delivered

Fun Facts: more than one of you chose 69 as your number. More than one of you chose 96 as your number thinking that everyone else would choose 69.

okay I was one of the 96 people lmao

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

Half an hour before deadline, merk and Toal were both at 4, so Bif, AN, RWC and GW voted in quick succession.

This is worth looking at, I think. Particularly GW, who got the hammer, and therefore an item.

Scum losing their vote may be a benefit - no vote means no responsibility for town getting executed.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

What do you think of the other three? I feel pretty good that GW is just town here

I'll be looking deeper into it when I'm done with work today

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

I am incredibly disappointed in this audience. You had the chance to make people speak in Shakespeare quotes, or post only in alliterations, or communicate entirely in emojis. You could have made them add random factoids to every post. You could have done anything. Where is the spark of creativity in this audience?

anything that kneecaps participation in a game is really rough; idk how it is lately but there was a community perception for a while that games were losing player attention too easily, and I'm sure the engaged spectators want more stuff going on, not less

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Nvm found it now, making the same game mechanics choice as binus is not a point in your favour though lol

brutal lmao

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Green Wing posted:

I can't vote today, which is a shame as I love voting. I got an item but have no results to report at this time.

this is insanely self-congratulatory and devoid of information. yeah we know you got an item. "you have no results to report at the time" because you either a. didn't use the item or b. didn't get any worthwhile results to report.

why would you not use the item? hrm maybe because scum get some sick passive bonuses for holding specific items. maybe that's why

##vote Green Wing

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Green Wing posted:

Is there a case on me somewhere in not seeing, as I've now seen a few people cast shade on me and the most I've seen is I didn't like a post by salad yesterday?

forgot to include this in my quote - this is someone who sounds very afraid of death, and therefore letting down their (scum) team

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

You're telling me your first action each day hasn't been to type "include overpowered items" in your confessional? Can you even say you're playing the game right if you don't do that? (Disclaimer: Would not recommend this action close to LYLO)

only one of the four OP items is actually good for town, IMO

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

People who are sort of holding back in my eyes are Illusionis, death cob (who I forgot about so much that I had to go back and add them), maer, and bif kind of but I do believe her Survivor claim. Also me and I apologize for the millionth time.

dogg I have just as many posts as you do and I have a vote down, idk why you feel the need to throw shade

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

the OP items are scumbait, removing your vote from the day means you don't have to be blamed for anything and nobody can trace your entire scum team for all bandwagoning the same person, going for them is the scum move and GW's behavior around it is designed to come across as Fun-Having Town when we all know that Mafia is not Fun

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

You neve the expanded on this. You just came in straight for GW and then didn't talk about reads at all.

yeah, because on rereading what I had available, nothing interesting-to-me came up that hadn't already been discussed. don't feel like "omg me too bestie!"ing a bunch of posts

Maerlyn posted:

I'm kind of surprised merk "kill all 3P" isn't concerned but then again it's early in the game.

this raises an interesting point. why did bif claim survivor so goddamn early? maybe it's because her buddy is a known strong mafia player, and the sooner she dies without intense discussion about things, the more likely it is for her teammate to get her to victory?

also it's killing me that my new username is getting abbreviated to "cob". not even death cob? jesus christ. I didn't send a pleading PM to jeffery to add one more letter to my name to be called "cob" for the rest of my life

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause if I didn't, I'd quite likely be already NKed, or due for it very soon. One survivor has to die, but don't feel like leaving my mate to fend for themselves all alone that early

yeah, but why not let that NK happen naturally? with town voting with imperfect knowledge and scum not knowing the difference between town and survivor, surely one of you would die of natural causes; at the very worst, in mid-game one of you could start acting scummy or "accidentally" scumslip in order to get voted out

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

Well which of those points do you agree with? All we know about you today is that you scumread GW. What are your thoughts in RWC? Or salad? And any other thoughts you have, death cob?

it's not about agreeing or disagreeing, it's just that I don't think I have anything of particular interest to add to the conversation. if I'm rereading past posts I wasn't awake/present for, I'm only going to chime in on things that I think are going unnoticed or that I have my own particular spin on. I skimmed over the past couple of pages again and I did notice something I didn't before:

Rhymes With Clue posted:

And to add: I am most sincerely looking for scum, and if I vote somebody who's town it's a mistake because I am a stupid doody-head. But scum are really not helping me out here!

what is the purpose of this post? who are you trying to convince?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

PsychoSoldier posted:

Can you give me your reads outside of GW?

I think Bif is telling the truth about her survivorship and I think merk (or, failing that, another well-known player - is likely the partner. Everyone else is in a kind of ambiguous state, I don't think of anyone as firmly town/not town at this juncture.

You can keep pressing me for reads if you want, but the only thing that's going to lead to is both of us being irritated with each other and/or me coming up with some bullshit that I'll change my tune on after thinking about it for a few hours. You're not going to get me to barf up ~content~ on a whim.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

death cob for cutie posted:

I think Bif is telling the truth about her survivorship and I think merk (or, failing that, another well-known player - AN, Maerlyn, TM) is likely the partner. Everyone else is in a kind of ambiguous state, I don't think of anyone as firmly town/not town at this juncture.

mafia edit, forgot to actually finish that parenthetical

(you may find it useful to know that I have absolutely berserk ADHD and that it will take me multiple rereads of the thread to catch some things; in addition, I really don't like to call firm town/scum reads until I have a series of posts by that person supporting them. I'm not giving you reads because nobody is clearly standing out to me)

(I'm also not giving you reads because I think you trying to prod me into barfing some out may lead to you trying to guide me into a particular narrative, which I'd rather establish on my own)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

It is not merk lmao

MERK AND BIF, SITTING IN A TREE,

S-U-R-V-I-V-I-N-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

You know what kind of 3P should exist in Mafia? Having to make the best shitpost to win

oh you know I'd sweep that

were you in the game where I translated the entire John Galt speech into Pokemon noises? I guess technically that was three very long shitposts since it didn't all fit into one message, but

PsychoSoldier posted:

Do you think the post you called out by RWC is a bad look for them, or are you just trying to figure out her mentality behind the post to decide whether it's a bad look or not?

I think I want to hear RWC's justification for that dogshit post rather than discuss it