Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haloween jellybean
Jan 10, 2023
no

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

You spelled Halloween wrong, IDIOT!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I know where they are

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
chili /w beans

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
:10bux: well spent imo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It was a knock at the door that woke Doobie from his dreamless sleep. He had drifted off in his easy chair watching reruns of Mama's Family. Blinking, he sat up, unsure at that moment just what had roused him from his slumber. On the TV they were showing an infomercial for a deep fryer that could also jerk meat. Gotta get me one of those, Doobie thought. The knock came again. He turned his eyes from the screen to the door. He didn't like the sound the knock made. It was quiet, sure, respectful even, but there was some sort of desperate yearning hidden beneath. It set him on edge. It came again.

With a grunt, he heaved himself up from his chair. The clock on the VCR under the TV set said 2:33am. Who could it be at this hour?, he wondered. At the door, he paused for a moment, pondering for a second or two whether or not he should open it. It could be an emergency. His mother could be sick, after all. But the knocks weren't loud enough, not hurried enough. Still, he thought, I probably should. The knock came once more. He figured he definitely should, since it seemed the person on the other side wasn't going away, and he didn't want to risk waking up Tasha with anymore knocks. He reached out and opened the door. A figure, dimly lit in the porch light, appeared. Doobie blinked.

"Mr. Wade?"

The man stood there, mouth hanging open, leaning slightly back as if he was afraid of Doobie, white hair mussed like he had just rolled out of bed, wearing a tan coat half-zipped over dark blue pajamas. One side of the coat hung lower than the other from some heavy weight inside.

"Everything okay, Mr. Wade? It's early," Doobie said.

"Been think... " With a sound like dry leaves crunching underfoot, Mr. Wade hocked up a yellowish wad of phlegm, spitting it out on the threshold. "Been thinkin' about them beans."

Doobie blinked again. Beans?

"Beans?" he said.

"Been thinkin' a whole bunch on them beans, Wayne."

Doobie shifted nervously in the doorway, smiling. Mr. Wade just stood there, leaning back slightly, blinking. He coughed and shot out another gob of yellow mucus onto the threshold.

"Uh, well, I-"

"'Member, you done took a photo of me eatin' them beans," Mr. Wade said that in that infuriatingly laconic way he had about himself. Doobie, now realizing, nodded.

"Right, yeah, the beans. Sure. But the Dog House is gone, Mr. Wade. Been that way for some time. Been haulin' cargo for Royal now as job wise."

"Invite me in. Where's that Robinson hospitality?"

"Well, I would, but, ya see, it's-"

"Been dreamin' about them beans, Wayne. They ain't the right color, and they float about in a blackish void full of the screams of the universe, and they talk in strange voices like stars collidin'. But I know they them beans. I have a hunger, Wayne. A void stirrin' in me, and I fill it up with all kinds of vittles, but ain't nothin' fill me up. You ever have a hunger like that, Wayne? Deep. Dark. Desperate." He paused a moment, smiling. "Invite me in."

Doobie, unsure about what to do next, stepped aside. Mr. Wade sauntered in, humming some tune Doobie couldn't identify. Shutting the door, he turned to his guest.

"So, like I says, Mr. Wade, the Dog House is-"

Mr. Wade pulled the big Ruger Blackhawk from its hiding place in the jacket. Doobie stepped back, pressing up against the door. Behind Mr. Wade, a scream broke the silence.

"Mornin', Tash," the crazed man said. Doobie looked around him to see his wife standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

"It's okay, Sugarpie," he said. Mr. Wade motioned with the Ruger that Doobie should join her. As Doobie circled around him, he followed with the gun. Doobie sidled up to Tasha, taking her hand. He looked at her and saw her jaw quivering, and for some reason thought of a stone arch caught in an earthquake. He looked to Mr. Wade. "What do you want?"

"Been thinkin' about them beans."

"Jesus, Mr. Wade, I just got them at the Walmarts and-"

"Don't you think I've looked?!" the man shouted, pulling back the hammer on the Blackhawk. Doobie and Tasha flinched at the noise. "Don't you think I've tried the beans, all the beans? But they ain't them beans I've been thinkin' about! But I think you done bought them all, didn't you? You always bought too much, Wayne. I seen what you said you on the computer, about those chicken wings. But them beans... those don't go bad, in their cans. You bought them beans and you kept them, didn't ya?"

Doobie shook his head. "No, no, I swear, Mr. Wade, they was just regular old pinto beans from the Walmarts."

Mr. Wade stood there for a moment, gun steady as a rock. He cracked a smile. "Where the kids?"

"What?"

"Where the kids?"

"They... they're at their Moo-maws."

"Good. Wouldn't want the little ones to wake up and see this." He stepped forward.

"God, no," Tasha whined.

Doobie threw his hands up. "No, wait! Wait! You're right... you're right, Mr. Wade, I did keep them all. Got some in the larder. Why don't you sit down, and I fix you up a mess of beans, right quick?"

Mr. Wade smiled wider. "That's more like it, that there Robinson hospitality." He walked into the kitchen, the Doobies retreating from the muzzle of the gun. He sat, pointing the gun at Tasha. "You stay. No funny stuff now, hear?"

Doobie nodded rapidly, turning quickly and disappearing into the larder. He pulled the cord on the lamp and in the swaying light he searched for something, anything. There has to be some beans, trick that crazy bastard, he thought. He searched and searched, tossing cans and boxes onto the floor in his terrified frenzy.

"Careful now. Don't wanna hurt them beans," Mr. Wade chuckled from the other room. Doobie kept looking, breathing rapidly, sweating in the close room, until, finally, he found two old cans of kidney beans hidden away. He won't even notice, he thought, blowing the dust from them.

Back in the kitchen, he presented the cans to Mr. Wade, setting them on the table in front of him. He smiled and nodded. Mr. Wade smiled back.

"Think I'm stupid, boy?" Mr. Wade nudged the cans with the muzzle of the revolver. Tasha slipped away as he stared at Doobie. "Think I can't read?"

Doobie shook his head rapidly. "No, no! They're beans!"

"They ain't them beans!" he roared, smashing his empty fist on the table, raising the gun.

Just then, a flash of reflected light, then an explosion of glass and the sickening crack of a skull breaking. The gun fell to the floor. Tasha stood panting behind Mr. Wade, her hand cut from the broken vase she just brought down on his head. Water and petunias scattered over the table and linoleum.

Mr. Wade stood, stumbling drunkenly, blood rushing from the lacerations on his scalp, pouring from his nostrils. He opened his mouth and more tumbled forth, his teeth stained crimson. He stared at Doobie with unfocused eyes. "Been think... been... beams... thhh-"

He crashed to the floor. Doobie rushed to Tasha, grabbing hold of her, hugging her tight. She shook as she sobbed.

"You did it, Sugarpie, you saved us."

"What happened to him?" she asked.

"I don't know. I don't know."

"Do you think one of those queer Northern froggers coulda got to him?"

"Could be. Could be."

The End

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey op beans was a good word to start wordle today. Thanks for the hot tip!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

he was thinking about thos beans

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Toxic Mental posted:

he was thinking about thos beans

I thought this was a death thread for that guy

Is this the death thread for that guy?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
counterproposal: some beans

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Coffee is a bean. Put that poo poo in chili

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gasmask posted:

counterproposal: some beans

Get his rear end

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

neato burrito posted:

You spelled Halloween wrong, IDIOT!

it's sad that the younger generations can't spell but I respect the ops commitment to following old gbs standards and banning themselves before a mod could do it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

no, beans

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
good purchase

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Coffee is a bean. Put that poo poo in chili

it's not

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ahem it’s a seed

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

ahem it’s a seed

and that's obviuos

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
the coffee bean actually loses viability after being roasted and ground to tiny pieces

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
yucatan suckerman

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
No more beans
No more beans
No drama
No more drama in my life
No one's gonna make me hurt again

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

So are there no beans or beans? OP using double negative.

We need answers about the beans get back here.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

lollontee posted:

good purchase

Ray Purchase :argh:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
OP thought bout them beans too much :(

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Only registered a day ago.

That's regicide

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Their one and only post, and it was chock full o beans.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

OP is a jellybean and out of beans, therefore OP spilled the beans

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Can we get some analysis on maximum username length please Fred, could be OP misspelt Halloween and is gonna have another crack tomorrow

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
probably one of those terrible black licorice jelly beans

unless that's your thing

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It was a knock at the door that woke Doobie from his dreamless sleep. He had drifted off in his easy chair watching reruns of Mama's Family. Blinking, he sat up, unsure at that moment just what had roused him from his slumber. On the TV they were showing an infomercial for a deep fryer that could also jerk meat. Gotta get me one of those, Doobie thought. The knock came again. He turned his eyes from the screen to the door. He didn't like the sound the knock made. It was quiet, sure, respectful even, but there was some sort of desperate yearning hidden beneath. It set him on edge. It came again.

With a grunt, he heaved himself up from his chair. The clock on the VCR under the TV set said 2:33am. Who could it be at this hour?, he wondered. At the door, he paused for a moment, pondering for a second or two whether or not he should open it. It could be an emergency. His mother could be sick, after all. But the knocks weren't loud enough, not hurried enough. Still, he thought, I probably should. The knock came once more. He figured he definitely should, since it seemed the person on the other side wasn't going away, and he didn't want to risk waking up Tasha with anymore knocks. He reached out and opened the door. A figure, dimly lit in the porch light, appeared. Doobie blinked.

"Mr. Wade?"

The man stood there, mouth hanging open, leaning slightly back as if he was afraid of Doobie, white hair mussed like he had just rolled out of bed, wearing a tan coat half-zipped over dark blue pajamas. One side of the coat hung lower than the other from some heavy weight inside.

"Everything okay, Mr. Wade? It's early," Doobie said.

"Been think... " With a sound like dry leaves crunching underfoot, Mr. Wade hocked up a yellowish wad of phlegm, spitting it out on the threshold. "Been thinkin' about them beans."

Doobie blinked again. Beans?

"Beans?" he said.

"Been thinkin' a whole bunch on them beans, Wayne."

Doobie shifted nervously in the doorway, smiling. Mr. Wade just stood there, leaning back slightly, blinking. He coughed and shot out another gob of yellow mucus onto the threshold.

"Uh, well, I-"

"'Member, you done took a photo of me eatin' them beans," Mr. Wade said that in that infuriatingly laconic way he had about himself. Doobie, now realizing, nodded.

"Right, yeah, the beans. Sure. But the Dog House is gone, Mr. Wade. Been that way for some time. Been haulin' cargo for Royal now as job wise."

"Invite me in. Where's that Robinson hospitality?"

"Well, I would, but, ya see, it's-"

"Been dreamin' about them beans, Wayne. They ain't the right color, and they float about in a blackish void full of the screams of the universe, and they talk in strange voices like stars collidin'. But I know they them beans. I have a hunger, Wayne. A void stirrin' in me, and I fill it up with all kinds of vittles, but ain't nothin' fill me up. You ever have a hunger like that, Wayne? Deep. Dark. Desperate." He paused a moment, smiling. "Invite me in."

Doobie, unsure about what to do next, stepped aside. Mr. Wade sauntered in, humming some tune Doobie couldn't identify. Shutting the door, he turned to his guest.

"So, like I says, Mr. Wade, the Dog House is-"

Mr. Wade pulled the big Ruger Blackhawk from its hiding place in the jacket. Doobie stepped back, pressing up against the door. Behind Mr. Wade, a scream broke the silence.

"Mornin', Tash," the crazed man said. Doobie looked around him to see his wife standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

"It's okay, Sugarpie," he said. Mr. Wade motioned with the Ruger that Doobie should join her. As Doobie circled around him, he followed with the gun. Doobie sidled up to Tasha, taking her hand. He looked at her and saw her jaw quivering, and for some reason thought of a stone arch caught in an earthquake. He looked to Mr. Wade. "What do you want?"

"Been thinkin' about them beans."

"Jesus, Mr. Wade, I just got them at the Walmarts and-"

"Don't you think I've looked?!" the man shouted, pulling back the hammer on the Blackhawk. Doobie and Tasha flinched at the noise. "Don't you think I've tried the beans, all the beans? But they ain't them beans I've been thinkin' about! But I think you done bought them all, didn't you? You always bought too much, Wayne. I seen what you said you on the computer, about those chicken wings. But them beans... those don't go bad, in their cans. You bought them beans and you kept them, didn't ya?"

Doobie shook his head. "No, no, I swear, Mr. Wade, they was just regular old pinto beans from the Walmarts."

Mr. Wade stood there for a moment, gun steady as a rock. He cracked a smile. "Where the kids?"

"What?"

"Where the kids?"

"They... they're at their Moo-maws."

"Good. Wouldn't want the little ones to wake up and see this." He stepped forward.

"God, no," Tasha whined.

Doobie threw his hands up. "No, wait! Wait! You're right... you're right, Mr. Wade, I did keep them all. Got some in the larder. Why don't you sit down, and I fix you up a mess of beans, right quick?"

Mr. Wade smiled wider. "That's more like it, that there Robinson hospitality." He walked into the kitchen, the Doobies retreating from the muzzle of the gun. He sat, pointing the gun at Tasha. "You stay. No funny stuff now, hear?"

Doobie nodded rapidly, turning quickly and disappearing into the larder. He pulled the cord on the lamp and in the swaying light he searched for something, anything. There has to be some beans, trick that crazy bastard, he thought. He searched and searched, tossing cans and boxes onto the floor in his terrified frenzy.

"Careful now. Don't wanna hurt them beans," Mr. Wade chuckled from the other room. Doobie kept looking, breathing rapidly, sweating in the close room, until, finally, he found two old cans of kidney beans hidden away. He won't even notice, he thought, blowing the dust from them.

Back in the kitchen, he presented the cans to Mr. Wade, setting them on the table in front of him. He smiled and nodded. Mr. Wade smiled back.

"Think I'm stupid, boy?" Mr. Wade nudged the cans with the muzzle of the revolver. Tasha slipped away as he stared at Doobie. "Think I can't read?"

Doobie shook his head rapidly. "No, no! They're beans!"

"They ain't them beans!" he roared, smashing his empty fist on the table, raising the gun.

Just then, a flash of reflected light, then an explosion of glass and the sickening crack of a skull breaking. The gun fell to the floor. Tasha stood panting behind Mr. Wade, her hand cut from the broken vase she just brought down on his head. Water and petunias scattered over the table and linoleum.

Mr. Wade stood, stumbling drunkenly, blood rushing from the lacerations on his scalp, pouring from his nostrils. He opened his mouth and more tumbled forth, his teeth stained crimson. He stared at Doobie with unfocused eyes. "Been think... been... beams... thhh-"

He crashed to the floor. Doobie rushed to Tasha, grabbing hold of her, hugging her tight. She shook as she sobbed.

"You did it, Sugarpie, you saved us."

"What happened to him?" she asked.

"I don't know. I don't know."

"Do you think one of those queer Northern froggers coulda got to him?"

"Could be. Could be."

The End

None of this was funny because you didn’t use thos :airquote: at all. :shrug:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

None of this was funny because you didn’t use thos :airquote: at all. :shrug:

it was also crap for other reasons

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

one time I was going to the grocery store and my wife asked me to get her some jellybeans, completely on a whim. Me being a dorkass I got a 5 pound jar instead of like a 10 oz bag and it took months and neither one of us wants to look at a jellybean ever again

I guess what I'm saying is good riddance OP

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

one time I was going to the grocery store and my wife asked me to get her some jellybeans, completely on a whim. Me being a dorkass I got a 5 pound jar instead of like a 10 oz bag and it took months and neither one of us wants to look at a jellybean ever again

I guess what I'm saying is good riddance OP

shoulda bought her 5 pounds of ammonium chloride

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I agree, the last Mr Bean film was an atrocity.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

no beans no chili

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

no beans no chili

Ban this filth from the cowboy subforum

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

no beans no chili

this is my favorite bob marley song

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A fun prank to play on your family and friends is to say "no beans no" as your last words on your deathbed. They'll be freaked out and wondering what you meant for a long time

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

LuckyCat posted:

Ban this filth from the cowboy subforum

Absolutely not. If anything, I should ban all you beanless chili heathens instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv: