Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Autobots are ACAB: Assigned Car At Birth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

This is the only GI Joe comic I ever ready but I support the US special forces PWNing Bumblebee

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my opposition to transformers has faced nothing but impedance

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AUTOFELLATIO-BOTS, TRANSFORM AND SUCK OFF

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

It's cool that NATO "gives" the good Transformers oil in exchange for "protection" from bad Transformers

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

"i identify as an attack helicopter" says the epic robot before transforming into an attack helicopter

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
this shoulda been about beast wars politics

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rLocGmC9RM

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the autobots enslaved the decepticons on cybertron and megatron was a freedom fighter

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cuttlefush posted:

beats wars kicks rear end

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
smh at the woke agenda cancelling cisformers

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
transformers: more than meets the brown eye

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

Nightmare mode: Beast Machine Politics

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

War and Pieces posted:

forgot about that one

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Optimus An-Prim

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Optimus Prime is a dictator, what sort of system of politics is based around the possession of a shiny geegaw?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

War and Pieces posted:

i nmever watched this. should i? it seemed cringe when i watched 1 episode when it just came out kuz all the dudes were hosed up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
rhinox was a bad guy or smth so i just turned off the tv & played with legos or whatever

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Weka posted:

Optimus Prime is a dictator, what sort of system of politics is based around the possession of a shiny geegaw?

I've been saying the whole premise is literally claiming kingship by divine right

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fun thing is that G1 Transformers have basically the same origin story as the Shoggoths

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
the bad guys in the transformers movies seem to have a relatively straight forward genocidal agenda that's easy to get behind in terms of supporting a military response, that is unless you want the robots to turn earth into an inhospitable hellscape for humans

from the robots perspective i'm sure it's all very reasonable

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Smythe posted:

i nmever watched this. should i? it seemed cringe when i watched 1 episode when it just came out kuz all the dudes were hosed up

It's the most cerebral Transformers content

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

rabble rabble posted:

the bad guys in the transformers movies seem to have a relatively straight forward genocidal agenda that's easy to get behind in terms of supporting a military response, that is unless you want the robots to turn earth into an inhospitable hellscape for humans

Optimus Prime also be doin some face rippin but acceptable with fash from any planet

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
trailer for beast wars movie looks sick but also worrisome. I didn’t see any of my fav predacons. we shall see

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
NEED iconic beast wars megatron. yesssss

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
also need rampage and the doniantrix spider robot and also tarantulus. required!!!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

seeing a lot of idw revisionism itt. even by your own hypocritical standards, in the end "freedom fighter" megatron donned the autobot insignia left by a fallen bumblebee

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

rabble rabble posted:

Oh sure if you believe the Autobot propaganda.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
if any of you are talking about the modern movies or original cartoon (cartoon movie is ok i think?) rather than the toys or beast wars gently caress off

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there's an episode of the original cartoon written by len wein where the decepticons take galvatron to a mental asylum planet and only back out when they realize the asylum worker aliens intend to lobotomize him.

nothing that cool ever happened in beast wars

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cuttlefush posted:

if any of you are talking about the modern movies or original cartoon (cartoon movie is ok i think?) rather than the toys or beast wars gently caress off

there's also all the other cartoons and the comics and the video games

there's basically never not been a transformers thing going for like 40 years straight at this point

Weka
May 5, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

I am talking about an idealized transformers in my mind because I don't remember the cartoons from when I was a young child and the one movie I saw was incredibly forgettable.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Weka posted:

I am talking about an idealized transformers in my mind because I don't remember the cartoons from when I was a young child and the one movie I saw was incredibly forgettable.

absolutely same

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Beast wars is terrible and is the smallpox like pustules symptomatic of capitalism.

Transformers is okay because robots.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

The Voice of Labor posted:

there's an episode of the original cartoon written by len wein where the decepticons take galvatron to a mental asylum planet and only back out when they realize the asylum worker aliens intend to lobotomize him.

nothing that cool ever happened in beast wars

that owns lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
when dinobot sacrifices himself to destroy the golden disc with his eye lasers that’s badass and he died a hero

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
rat trap had funny lines? probably not actually

the toys were cool though. i had optimus primal except he was a bat instead of a gorilla so im not sure what the gently caress it had to do wtih the show?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I wanted to make a spiral zone thread but I never got around to it. now I would have to rewatch spiral zone to do it and I don't intend to do that

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

rat trap had funny lines? probably not actually

the toys were cool though. i had optimus primal except he was a bat instead of a gorilla so im not sure what the gently caress it had to do wtih the show?

absolutely nothing lol

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 14:38 on Jan 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

i think i had the bat