Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

we all play video games or tabletop games or whatever, seen movies and also maybe even a tv show.

anyways here is my request: in a future world with incredibly dense populations like in judge dredd or cyberpunk or star wars's famous city planet coruscant this must be common. in mobius's the incal someone falling to their death being witnessed by the populace inspires a wave of copycats, so tossing a single person to their doom could result in a few dozen people joining in because dystopia. the frequency of someone either intentionally or accidentally falling over a railing and plummeting hundreds of feet to their doom would be normal enough to have a term for it.

i've been brainstorming for a while and the best thing i've thought of is "skykill"

like roadkill.

anyways if i can find a good enough term i'm gonna write something about a "skykill report" or something which i guess is like a weather report giving you the chance of a body slamming into the ground beside you based on stock reports or whatever, i don't know.

i'm mostly just stuck on what the term should be. balconybombs? fallmeat?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples

i wish you would step back from that ledge my friend

it's rainin death halleluiah its rainin death

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

that doesn't help but thats what my brainmeats decided to do

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Heather Papps

hello friend

Shifty Nipples posted:

i wish you would step back from that ledge my friend

it's rainin death halleluiah its rainin death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzyNWyZhUS0
everyone will have his day to fly

Shifty Nipples

yessssss

baka of lathspell

Heather Papps posted:

we all play video games or tabletop games or whatever, seen movies and also maybe even a tv show.

anyways here is my request: in a future world with incredibly dense populations like in judge dredd or cyberpunk or star wars's famous city planet coruscant this must be common. in mobius's the incal someone falling to their death being witnessed by the populace inspires a wave of copycats, so tossing a single person to their doom could result in a few dozen people joining in because dystopia. the frequency of someone either intentionally or accidentally falling over a railing and plummeting hundreds of feet to their doom would be normal enough to have a term for it.

i've been brainstorming for a while and the best thing i've thought of is "skykill"

like roadkill.

anyways if i can find a good enough term i'm gonna write something about a "skykill report" or something which i guess is like a weather report giving you the chance of a body slamming into the ground beside you based on stock reports or whatever, i don't know.

i'm mostly just stuck on what the term should be. balconybombs? fallmeat?

this also is like a lot of stuff in this fate stay night garden of sinners movie oh no that’s an anime

i think skykill is a good term tho here are my attempts
-deathwave
-human meteors
-ACME anvil impersonation
-the invisible parachute effect

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

i really like this.

ideally i'm looking for at least two terms - one which is the slang term most people use, and another more formal term that the news media or politicians use. i can totally see a broadcast on a skyscraper telling people to watch out for increased human meteors after the bankruptcy of a major corp, while the people on the actual ground call it something else.

hell the people who lived permanently in the heights of tall buildings would even have a different name for it, like phantom neighbour, that has nothing to do with the reality of a body splattering on a robot taxi.

baka of lathspell

people on the ground would probably call them something like street splatters

or base jumpers

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

instant puddle

baka of lathspell

you could also accomplish this via some kind of psychic cult where you go to a cult meeting, decide it isn’t for you and everything’s normal for five years until you randomly go into a trance and jump off something

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

people jump off of buildings now, it's just in a future with incredibly dense populations that 1 in a 1000 chance thing of happening, that wasn't that common when people didn't live in mega cities, becomes incredibly common as a result of scale.

i do like the idea of people going to one meeting and listening to one weird song and then five years later jumping off a building tho.

i was playing a tabletop rpg and a robot fell off a zeppelin to the ground below and thought to myself "this would happen all the loving time, in certain environments"

there's a bit in one of the star wars prequels where obi wan and annikin fall or something, and if they weren't jedis they'd just splat.
same thing in the fifth element where they fall, but because they're the protagonist it works out.

for every 1 person that manages to survive falling into a megacity there must be at least 99 who just exploded.

baka of lathspell

Heather Papps posted:

people jump off of buildings now, it's just in a future with incredibly dense populations that 1 in a 1000 chance thing of happening, that wasn't that common when people didn't live in mega cities, becomes incredibly common as a result of scale.

i do like the idea of people going to one meeting and listening to one weird song and then five years later jumping off a building tho.

i was playing a tabletop rpg and a robot fell off a zeppelin to the ground below and thought to myself "this would happen all the loving time, in certain environments"

there's a bit in one of the star wars prequels where obi wan and annikin fall or something, and if they weren't jedis they'd just splat.
same thing in the fifth element where they fall, but because they're the protagonist it works out.

for every 1 person that manages to survive falling into a megacity there must be at least 99 who just exploded.

yea this is why deck is so hosed at the end of blade runner. he’s pretty much fighting a jedi

I’m gonna dip cuz I don’t wanna think about this too hard but interesting thread

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

now that's a quality summit plummet

Heather Papps

hello friend

skydievers

biosterous

idk if it's better than skykill, but your proposed "fallmeat" is much better if you reverse it to "meatfall"

smoggy with a chance of meatfall

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

biosterous posted:

idk if it's better than skykill, but your proposed "fallmeat" is much better if you reverse it to "meatfall"

smoggy with a chance of meatfall

:hmmyes:

HP = fine art itt

Escape From Noise

Sky Maul

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
buttsmashed by a skykill fartslam

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Quadramind

Viscerain

biosterous

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Twenty Four

I was still thinking about the word "meatfall" today, I really like that one for some reason I can't quite put my finger on.

Stoner Sloth

Twenty Four posted:

I was still thinking about the word "meatfall" today, I really like that one for some reason I can't quite put my finger on.

hulk hogan meatfall shoes

Twenty Four

Stoner Sloth posted:

hulk hogan meatfall shoes

I just read up again and I guess HP said fallmeat but meatfall is what stuck in my head and I'm okay with that!

*stomps around in the famous hulk hogan shoes chanting "meatfall, meatfall!" with each step.*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Twenty Four posted:

I just read up again and I guess HP said fallmeat but meatfall is what stuck in my head and I'm okay with that!

*stomps around in the famous hulk hogan shoes chanting "meatfall, meatfall!" with each step.*

bios rec'd swapping the order and was very correct.

meatfall sounds like meatball is the key, i think.