Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/alec-baldwin-shooting-charges-involuntary-manslaughter-rust-movie-11674081157

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ayy lmao

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
remember when the lady he blasted's husband agreed to not pursue any other legal options against him in exchange for an EP credit lmbo

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I hope he gets a good case worker.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I don't think he should get in trouble for it. If you put a gun in my hand and tell me it's full of blanks I'm immediately going to point it at somebody and pull the trigger.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
well, shoot

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Nooner posted:

remember when the lady he blasted's husband agreed to not pursue any other legal options against him in exchange for an EP credit lmbo

Imagine reaching that settlement and then having what little value that had get blasted to poo poo when the state presses charges.

Just imagine waking up one morning and realizing just how little you sold out for.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly surprised it took this long, considering the horror stories that got out to the public about how much they were loving around with gun safety both in general and that day in particular

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Good.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

He is a Hollywood star, he will get 3 years tops in a minimum security prison and parole in 2 imo.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

oh so now we’re holding murderers accountable for their crimes? can we make up our minds here?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

can't watch Bettlejuice without my hands shaking anymore, thinking about how close Geena Davis was to getting shot at any moment

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don't think he should get in trouble for it. If you put a gun in my hand and tell me it's full of blanks I'm immediately going to point it at somebody and pull the trigger.

This is me 1 second after giving me a gun, no matter how long you lectured me about safety:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9DIzCBeMHo&t=17s

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The armorer on the film is also being charged, which is also good. There was absolutely rampant weapon negligence in this movie's production. Hopefully these stick.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

Imagine reaching that settlement and then having what little value that had get blasted to poo poo when the state presses charges.

Just imagine waking up one morning and realizing just how little you sold out for.

Yeah, it wasn’t like this happened towards the very end of filming like with Brandon Lee and The Crow, right? There’s almost no way the film is ever going to see the light of day

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

can't wait to revisit the last threads greatest hits and laugh and laugh and laugh again.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Budzilla posted:

He is a Hollywood star, he will get 3 years tops in a minimum security prison and parole in 2 imo.

Depends on the specific state and the specific laws in that state. In Alaska an involuntary manslaughter will get you 2 years house arrest with an ankle monitor max if it's your first offense.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Can't wait for the law and order episode about this. IDK if one has already been made, I'm only on season 18

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

involuntary? how embarrassing, being named an inslaw by the courts.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
This watch.. this is for SHOOTERS... bar and grill in colorado. It's completely contaminated in e. coli.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Nigmaetcetera posted:

lmao

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

lmao

sad question
May 30, 2020

Alec Baldlose

Edit: fixed name

sad question fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 19, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Heard Alec put the muzzle of the gun to his lips, blew the smoke away, and whispered "gently caress you, that's my name." Smdh

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I doubt he gets any jail time, but will lose a lot of money, like usual

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

Maybe he was in on it and wanted his wife dead?!

Alec Baldwin is a strange choice for a hit man but of course his bloodlust cannot be stopped

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

so are actors expected to check the gun for live rounds before pulling the trigger?

if not idk how he could be held liable for manslaughter if his job entailed pointing the gun at someone and pulling the trigger

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You're supposed to point at your foot first, it's only common decency.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dont care op

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bouillon Rube posted:

so are actors expected to check the gun for live rounds before pulling the trigger?

if not idk how he could be held liable for manslaughter if his job entailed pointing the gun at someone and pulling the trigger

iirc he was very blithe and unsafe with the handling of the firearms, even joking to discharge the weapon at crew members at times when frustrated with lonmg working days etc. this was one of those such incidents and probably the crux of the charge

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Bouillon Rube posted:

gently caress this cavalier rear end attitude towards guns. Every single person that handles a firearm should be trained in its use and liable for any damage it does while in their hands.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

don't do the shoot,
if you won't root n toot

that's what i always say

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

fishing with the fam posted:

gently caress this cavalier rear end attitude towards guns. Every single person that handles a firearm should be trained in its use and liable for any damage it does while in their hands.

yep. this. it's despicable really and is what caused all this

naem
May 29, 2011

his weird insistence that he “did not pull the trigger” weirded me out

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Bouillon Rube posted:

Legally, yes, everyone is. You hold the gun, you’re responsible.

BigHead posted:

Depends on the specific state and the specific laws in that state. In Alaska an involuntary manslaughter will get you 2 years house arrest with an ankle monitor max if it's your first offense.

quote:

In New Mexico, involuntary manslaughter is a fourth-degree felony that carries a maximum sentence of 18 months in prison.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'm the dumbass that would've been like, "oh cool it's not real?" then shot myself in the head instantly

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I just farted yall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i'm the dumbass that would've been like, "oh cool it's not real?" then shot myself in the head instantly

lol a guy did that on the set of a tv show at some point in the 80’s with a blank