Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

How the gently caress would the FBI have missed something like that, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
The FBI is more than capable of incompetence it's not just Alec Baldwin

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
tbh if I were the FBI I would think it's rude if people thought I were perfect, like you don't know me!

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
This guy ever charged with man's laughter?

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Mechanical Pencil posted:

This guy ever charged with man's laughter?
They got him for horse's nickering

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Holy poo poo it's totally a thing, there's even a name for it:

quote:

A slip gun is a revolver which has been modified to disconnect the trigger from the hammer, so as to cause it to fire by pulling back and releasing the hammer.[citation needed] Often the hammer spur is lowered, so the gun may be fired by wiping one's finger across the hammer. The only difference from fanning is that only one hand is needed, because in fanning one hand holds the gun and pulls back the trigger while the other hand knocks back the hammer repeatedly.

I thought the shot that ended up a murder was some 'point the gun right at the wide-angle lens like some ice-cold cowboy poo poo' but it sounds more like it called for fanning the hammer.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 23, 2023

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Xlorp posted:

They got him for horse's nickering

:wink:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
didn't read the thread but this is a weird situation. He had many people tell him, this is safe, fire the weapon at her. Alec had no intention to kill that woman, and he had fired a fake gun many times in his career. I honestly don't think it on him, its on the prop guy at best and the producers at worst. Alec was handed a what he thought was a fake weapon, and killed someone with it

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

didn't read the thread but this is a weird situation. He had many people tell him, this is safe, fire the weapon at her. Alec had no intention to kill that woman, and he had fired a fake gun many times in his career. I honestly don't think it on him, its on the prop guy at best and the producers at worst. Alec was handed a what he thought was a fake weapon, and killed someone with it

Wait till you hear who was the producer of the movie

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Odddzy posted:

Wait till you hear who was the producer of the movie

was it Harvey Weinstein? Bet it was Harvey Weinstein

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
So the statute on involuntary manslaughter has a comment:

quote:

Negligent use of weapon. — A conviction of involuntary manslaughter by negligent use of a weapon requires negligence which is ordinary.

I would assume this is what they wanted to base the charge on Baldwin on. There's also a rule on proximate cause of death, basically you can't charge someone for an act that is not directly related to causing death. Baldwin seems to have been negligent in that the whole production was unsafe, but if the question is "was it negligent of Baldwin not to have checked if the gun was hot" and then add in "the gun was modified to slipfire" (if true, not holding breath), which raises the possibility Baldwin *wasn't* lying about not actually pulling the trigger...

Yeah, I can see the prosecutor withdrawing charges until more evidence might clarify things. Still going to get properly hosed on civil trial but that doesn't bring anyone back.

Edit: the FBI broke the gun testing it? Jesus.
And the armorer is claiming the guy she got the blanks from mixed live ammunition in? Yeah, no way Baldwin gets criminal conviction on this whodunit.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 23, 2023

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Rust Martialis posted:

And the armorer is claiming the guy she got the blanks from mixed live ammunition in?
That is such spectacular bullshit. Blanks don’t look like real rounds, and dummy rounds are, or at least should be, gimmicked with a bb inside so you know it’s not real immediately. It’s literally her job to deal with poo poo like that. Live rounds on the set, modified guns mixed in randomly, this is weapons-grade negligence combined with a complete lack of understand in or even interest in the nature of her job other than ‘get paid to gently caress around with expensive rental weapons’.

Then that cartoonishly evil 2nd AD grappling a random (modified, loaded WITH A REAL ROUND) gun from the cart and calling it ‘cold’. Walkoffs from the Union crew, scabs driving 2 hours each way every day for long shooting days. What a shitshow and a poo poo show.

I have no idea what power Baldwin’s vanity producer credit gave him, but I’d really like to hear from anybody that works below the line as to whether he (and for that matter any Union members on the set) were scabbing after the Union people walked and were replaced with non-Union locals. Seems like a real lack of solidarity if nothing else.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Private Cumshoe posted:

The FBI is more than capable of incompetence it's not just Alec Baldwin

The only 2 things the FBI has ever done well are blackmail and public relations.

I’m including “make up bullshit about forensics to convict the innocent”, “murder unarmed people” , and “ignore right-wing terrorists while surveilling the poo poo out of peace activists, civil rights workers, union organizers, and politicians that object to any policy they want” as combinations of the above, as they get away with it. Presumably due to blackmail and PR.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
they don't ignore right wing terrorists, they infiltrate them*, provoke them, and enjoy the benefits stochastic terrorism has on maintaining the status quo which is good for FBI business!

*they are also, well....

Asshole Rose
Dec 28, 2017
Alex Baldwin dead today of an overdose of crack cocaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Alec had no intention to kill that woman

I'm so sick of people spouting off this lie.