Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Do you think the US constitution is Win or Fail? Support your answers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i think it would better if it were a longer scroll written in the style of an illuminated medieval manuscript

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Epic fail 😳👎

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think its fairly loving "Win" personally, it guarantees my rights to redress my grievances w government officials. I can call any elected official and tell them "go gently caress yourself" and there's nothing they can do about it :smuggo:

Try that in Europe or China and you'll be doing hard labor in a prison camp. No thanks! I like to be in America where at least i know i'm free

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
actually best part of being an american is you can call up other countries leaders and call them a gently caress rear end and they cant do anything about it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the united states constitution says soldiers can't live in your house and i for one think that's good

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its cringe,fail, and badly hosed up

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

vyelkin posted:

the united states constitution says soldiers can't live in your house and i for one think that's good

that was an amendment though not in the original document

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

vyelkin posted:

me citing the 3rd amendment after sex with army twinks when I don't let them spend the night

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
It's bad

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

it was epic when nic cage stole it

wait that was the declaration of independence

so yeah, it's fail op

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

goin with cheugy

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The US is constantly failing its fortitude save against heart attacks

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

no prohibition against private property?? *John wick voice* yeah im thinkin thats a fail

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

me citing the 3rd amendment after sex with army twinks when I don't let them spend the night

thank you for your service

now get out

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
it was designed to keep rich white dudes rich and in power so have to say epic win so far for them

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

weird, 'cause there's at least one at your mom's at all times

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I believe we have the oldest continuous constitution among all other countries. That's not a bragging point, it's a point of shame. Why are we beholden to what we think the men who have been dead for over two hundred years intended for today's America? These men–the majority of whom were slave owners!–had no way to conceive what modern United States would look like. Their stance on the second amendment was that muskets would still be used. They didn't know how the future would go with civil rights or women's rights or queer rights. So why should we care what they thought, or what people guess at what they thought?

I would burn that two hundred year document in an instant

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The constitution is just used as a leverage point to justify whatever dumb crap politicians want to justify and different iterations of the supreme court interpret it differently to suit their ideology, which is neccesarily a bad one because they are American politicians. In and of itself it contains many bad laws but you can argue that it slows the implementation of various bad things, but I'm not so sure.

a.lo posted:

I believe we have the oldest continuous constitution among all other countries. That's not a bragging point, it's a point of shame. Why are we beholden to what we think the men who have been dead for over two hundred years intended for today's America? These men–the majority of whom were slave owners!–had no way to conceive what modern United States would look like. Their stance on the second amendment was that muskets would still be used. They didn't know how the future would go with civil rights or women's rights or queer rights. So why should we care what they thought, or what people guess at what they thought?

Britain for instance has an older constitution, it's just not a written one.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I think the US president should be required to read the entire US constitution (plus the amendments) in front of a studio audience as a live televised event

and not because it's important or anything but because it'll be really funny to see biden or trump struggle through it

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
The best part is it can be changed

a.lo posted:

I believe we have the oldest continuous constitution among all other countries.

Haunting San Marino erasure, do better

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

could be a serviceable (bourgeois) constitution if we dumped the senate

maybe give each president exactly one supreme court nomination per term

electoral college is convoluted but would be okay if it was only based on house reps, so instead of California 54/Wyoming 3 it would be 52/1

platzapS has issued a correction as of 18:39 on Jan 24, 2023

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

a.lo posted:

Sounds to me like it was Built Ford Tough

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
no provision for government distribution of girlfriends so obvs garbage

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Depends.. does it have any bacon in it 😈😈

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Very proud of op for not reporting anyone in this thread yet

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Lots of words here... The Constitution is Cringe and that's all there is to say on the matter

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It still has a loophole to allow slavery so I'm gonna say it's an epic fail.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Extremely fail

Written by and for lawyers, who are just nerds applying DND rules to rules to real life

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

sirtommygunn posted:

It still has a loophole to allow slavery so I'm gonna say it's an epic fail.

It's not so much a loophole as clearly delineating the good kind of slavery.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the Constipation, more like. keeps everything from going anywhere.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

It succeeded in maintaining power in the hands of those who have it with minor changes over centuries. 9/10

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Weka posted:

It's not so much a loophole as clearly delineating the good kind of slavery.

ok but other countries have the same kind of slavery with no loophole so what's your point

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it's epic and i "stan" america

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
so epic it's not even long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

War and Pieces posted:

ok but other countries have the same kind of slavery with no loophole so what's your point

Oh merely that it's working as intended.