Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had a condition known as complete placental previa, which meant the placenta completely covered the cervix. In other words the sac of blood vessels that is supposed to come out in one piece after baby is born was 100% in the way of baby getting born and would tear itself apart if I want into labour. I looked up mortality rates and if left untreated it's something like 50% maternal mortality and 95% fetal mortality.

So I had a c-section 6 weeks early and she had a 2 week NICU stay and caffeine drops to help with figuring out how to breathe regularly. She is now 6 and currently playing the Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

sudonim posted:

Holy poo poo!

C sections are such a game changer. Been around forever but modern techniques make them clean and safe. Unfortunately there's a contingent of gatekeepers that go on about how not having a vaginal birth means you're "not a real mom" but gently caress 'em.

My own C-section kid likes Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Honestly my recovery went better than it did for my second kid which I had the standard way. Modern medicine is wild. And yeah those moms can go gently caress themselves, how you get the kid out is like the least important part of anything as long as it works. We haven't played Kirby, we should give it a try. Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker and Mario Odyssey are big hits over here.

Oh! Not me but my dad had non-Hodgkins lymphoma so they took out some stem cells and then chemotherapied him so hard it nuked his bone marrow and then put the stem cells back in so he could continue making blood. This was more than a decade ago and he has been cancer free and relatively healthy since.