Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

mawarannahr posted:

he died less than a month before Election Day 2008 + seriously considered becoming a speechwriter for Obama

Choke!
- David foster dumbass
- obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I always thought Obama's speeches needed more Gen X ennui

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

that feeling you feel is a longing to return home to the 90s

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Spergin Morlock posted:

that feeling you feel is a longing to return home to the 90s

Based on the miller light can I would say this is circa 2002

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'd go a little later to 2006-9. There's dust on the PS2

I can't zoom in enough, but is that a hammer and sickle on that book.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Watching Shawshank on the trusty ol' Sony Trinitron

There was a period somewhere in the early 2000s where that movie was always playing on one of the Turner Broadcasting channels every hour of the day. I've seen it hundreds of times but never in a single sitting.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Watching Shawshank on the trusty ol' Sony Trinitron

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 03:45 on Feb 9, 2023

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

he died less than a month before Election Day 2008 + seriously considered becoming a speechwriter for Obama

He coulda written a speech for kbama with a ton of footnotes that ended without a conclusion and just seemed like he crammed a bunch of unrelated sub speeches together because he lacked the discipline to FINISH A FUCKIN PIECE OF WORK. gently caress YOU, DAVID FOSTER WALLACE!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hiring david foster wallace to write speeches for him is some dork poo poo obama would have done

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Hatebag posted:

He coulda written a speech for kbama with a ton of footnotes that ended without a conclusion and just seemed like he crammed a bunch of unrelated sub speeches together because he lacked the discipline to FINISH A FUCKIN PIECE OF WORK. gently caress YOU, DAVID FOSTER WALLACE!

Not sure if it was his intent but death of the author was the ending to Infinite Jest

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Private Cumshoe posted:

Not sure if it was his intent but death of the author was the ending to Infinite Jest

They say write what you know

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Private Cumshoe posted:

he is now in infinite rest... :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yes, no, no