Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

when I saw my horrible alcohol-ravaged visage in the mirror I almost died of shock

e: what's disco elysium?

bitterandtwisted fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

gently caress the world fellow piss f****************

ended up as shameful boring communard cop because i couldn't disappoint kim lol

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I was the Sorry Cop that cried during the random phone call.

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm surprised nobody has posted about Red Dead Redemption 2 yet!

Currently playing RDR2 and I don’t want to progress further because the world and the characters are too enjoyable. I’m afraid of what’s to come.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I played and finished Disco Elysium in the breather moments I was able to catch during the month of my divorce finalizing. Haven't gone back, but I'd like to.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Currently playing RDR2 and I don’t want to progress further because the world and the characters are too enjoyable. I’m afraid of what’s to come.

Same, I want to say I just started Chapter 4 and I already made a :magical: face at least once

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, just stop now you two RDR2 goons. Let the gang live out their days in your heads living their best lives after finally making it to Tahiti.

On the other hand "Mrs Adler...RIDE WITH ME" is an all timer lets-go-gently caress-up-some-motherfuckers moments so yeah, keep going.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

ElectricSheep posted:

I played and finished Disco Elysium in the breather moments I was able to catch during the month of my divorce finalizing. Haven't gone back, but I'd like to.

Same, I want to say I just started Chapter 4 and I already made a :magical: face at least once

I'm still on Chapter 3, I just burned the Grays' tobacco crop last night. I've just been wasting my days traversing the entire map, collecting cigarette cards and watching bears fighting wolves while trying not to get my horse killed.

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, just stop now you two RDR2 goons. Let the gang live out their days in your heads living their best lives after finally making it to Tahiti.

On the other hand "Mrs Adler...RIDE WITH ME" is an all timer lets-go-gently caress-up-some-motherfuckers moments so yeah, keep going.

They're all still alive and thriving if I believe hard enough and completely ignore RDR :smithicide:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I never played RDR and I'll probably pick it up after I finish 2. I'm fully expecting I'm gonna get blindsided like crazy cuz I only know how it ends for John but aside from that I avoided everything else plot spoiler wise

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin
Imagine needing a videogame or movie to cry. All I need is to think for 3 seconds about my pathetic life. :smugndar:

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
they really did a good job capturing the alcoholic/addict mindset. you could tell the writers knew their poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ElectricSheep posted:

I never played RDR and I'll probably pick it up after I finish 2. I'm fully expecting I'm gonna get blindsided like crazy cuz I only know how it ends for John but aside from that I avoided everything else plot spoiler wise

The herding part at the start sucks so bad I nearly quit right there and then did when it happened later on

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

dsf posted:

they really did a good job capturing the alcoholic/addict mindset. you could tell the writers knew their poo poo

wow, sounds like a blast.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Good game. Totally fascinating

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Want a game exploring the mystery of the Pale

just me and that spooky big bug as a sidekick

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Still tear up thinking about Aerith from FF7

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Der Kyhe posted:

The investigation always ending the same way with the same culprit no matter what you did or how you did it was a real bummer. They even wrote in the point where it could conveniently deviate to any number of finales but no, that would have been interesting.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it’s about the journey not the destination, also the race theory

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Recently made it to the end of FFXIV-Endwalker. Something about the long-rear end marathon nature of the experience combined with it being all about facing nihilism, which strikes very close to home in TYOOL 2023, managed to somehow hit just the right buttons for the sickly-sweet upbeat conclusion to extract quite a few tears of elation from me.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 9, 2023

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I married someone who cried watching the new Godzilla remake

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

As in so bad that it made them cry? Yah understandable

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

They are mean to Godzilla

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I married someone who cried watching the new Godzilla remake

the japanese one was pretty cool, with that janky rear end gojira

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
a few years ago I watched First Blood for the first time and i cried at Rambo's big speech at the end. It totally blindsided me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I cry a whole lot during movies.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

I mean I didn't cry or anything but that payphone conversation got me good bc I was going through some relationship poo poo at the time.

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Smugworth posted:

Still tear up thinking about Aerith from FF7

I'm tearing up just thinking about that now.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

a few years ago I watched First Blood for the first time and i cried at Rambo's big speech at the end. It totally blindsided me.

in the first one he's dealing with serious PTSD and trauma and depression, and the police are fascists

and in all the rest of them he's like "If only Ronnie Reagan had been president, we could have converted those commies to the worship of White Jesus."

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The end portion of LISA: The Joyful hurt me pretty hard. Undertale also got me a bit, but I'm a huge wimp for "tragic things happen to children" low blows (gently caress you Grave of the Fireflies)

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

End of the Green Mile

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Do you have a phallus in your ear? I said I'm a feminist.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

I played through disco elysium shortly after its release without spoilers in a single sitting shortly after a messy divorce and losing my home and job, it's what I recommend for the true experience, anybody who experiences it in a different way is not a true gamer

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Green Wing posted:

I played through disco elysium shortly after its release without spoilers in a single sitting shortly after a messy divorce and losing my home and job, it's what I recommend for the true experience, anybody who experiences it in a different way is not a true gamer

I was trying to kick meth and my life was falling apart and it was the perfect game for that.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GcsQGVGtPU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
It's OK I cry during Moana when granny's spirit ray comes back.

And when Mufasa dies

I'm not allowed to watch Disney anymore.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It’s okay to cry during:

Marley and Me
Million Dollar Baby
Up
Another one I’m probably missing
And one more

That’s it

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

A song I find myself frequently playing for the hell of it despite only playing through the game once

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Professor Shark posted:

It’s okay to cry during:

Marley and Me
Million Dollar Baby
Up
Another one I’m probably missing
And one more

That’s it

Is Terminator 2 okay

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ChickenHeart posted:

Is Terminator 2 okay

Yes. When the thumb goes down.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i cried during blanka's ending in street fighter ii

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Animal-Mother posted:

in the first one he's dealing with serious PTSD and trauma and depression, and the police are fascists

and in all the rest of them he's like "If only Ronnie Reagan had been president, we could have converted those commies to the worship of White Jesus."

All the sequels are canonically fleeting imaginings of Rambo's shutting down brain as he lies dying at the end of the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Green Wing posted:

drat, jealous of the realness